Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
atleast they might shut up about the roids for a while with him being out. i doubt it. its more of a wish.

MJ807

Reaction score
I wish I'm so tired of ESPN talking about A-Rod and Steroids I was over it from the beginning I'm sure as everyone else was he did Roids he didn't deny it there is nothing left to talk about.

Enigma22

Reaction score
^exactly. idk why they continue to say the same thing about it every day. no one wants to hear about it. idk how it could help their ratings if thats why they keep doing it.

MikeRaw

I am so pumped for the season. I even got tickets to the Jays home opener.
I don't wanna go out on a huge limb here with a prediction or anything, but i think the Jays will surprise alot of people. Make the playoffs? Who knows. There's a chance though, because the Yankees and Sox have some injuries, but it's stilla toss up whether we make it or not. But I do know we'll have a better record than most people think.

We have a better team than last year.
Last year, at the start of the year, we struggled big time with offense. But after we fird the manager, and brought in Cito Gaston, he got the guys working good. So now we have a full year of Cito coaching, which improves us over last year right away. Then, we have a full year of Travis Snider, whose always ranked as one of the top prospects, and will probably hit 20-25 homers this year, and we have a healthy Vernon Wells and more importantly, Aaron Hill.
I see good things for the Jays this year, but I don't know about the playoffs.

The way I see it though, on defense, we will again be one of the top 3 teams in the league in defense. Overbay, Rolen, Scutaro, Bautista, Hill, Rios, and Wells can all play good on the field, and will be just as good as last year (which was great).
Pitching should be about the same. Despite the loss of Burnette, and Shaun Marcum, a true number 2, out for the season, our pitching always comes through. Halladay will be great, and even though it sucks we lost Marcum, we get McGowan back, who was out almost all of last year, then David Purcey should continue his success from last year. After that, it's up to the two kids, Cecil and Mills, and hopefully they come through.

On Offense, we are better than last year. We still have Rios, Wells, and young DH Adam Lind as the core, and now with Aaron Hill back after missing all last year, and Travis Snider making his first full year after hitting a few homers last season, as well as a healthier Scott Rolen, and continued success from Bautista, we have a better offense than last year.

So our defense and pitching is just as good, and our offense is better than last year. I think the jays season will be better than expected, but we'll see.

*End analysis* :laugh:

MJ807

Reaction score
But the Jays did lose AJ Burnett who was a huge part of their pitching rotation. I'm a Yankees and Marlins fans and I'm pretty sure both will be making they playoffs. This year the Yankees 100% after not making the playoffs last year there is no way they are missing it this year. And the marlins were in playoff contention until the last month and they have improved.

MikeRaw

Ya, they lost Burnette, but in all hoensty, he wasn't that great. I know it'll sound like I'm saying that cause he left, but that's not it. He's a top pitcher, but I only remmember one game all of last eyar that he won single handedly. The rest were results of the team playing good around him, and while he pitched well, he didn't win the games by himself. The pitching will be a little less star studded, but about just as good. The Jays pump out pitchers like it's nothing. Plus, they have more offense this year than years past to make up for any losses that Burnett leaing had.

Soulpower

ngbbs49c024a104d52.jpg

Uhhh... yeah.

Travis40

At least he wasn't acting like that when he was with Texas...Texas fans would've booed him...oh yeah, we did boo him :shifty:

MJ807

Reaction score
The Florida Marlins stadium deal has finally been approved by th Miami City Commision. So after 2012 when the stadium opens they will be known as the Miami Marlins!!!!!

MikeRaw

Opening night for the Jays tonight! Got tickets, and pumped to go.

Wordlife

Opening night for the Cubs down in Houston!!! GO CUBBIES!!! THIS is our year... mark my word!!

LMAO at the White Sox getting postponed!!! HAHAHAHA, thank you God for making it snow the day before their opener!!! :D :D:D

Ilmago

Reaction score
Currently watching the Rangers vs Indians. The Rangers are currently winning 4-0 in the top of the fourth. I am really happy of the current score because I know that Lee had a fluke year and he won't be as successful this season.