Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
AL Starters
C Joe Mauer
1B Kevin Youkilis
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Derek Jeter
OF Josh Hamilton
OF Manny Ramirez
OF Ichiro Suzuki
DH David Ortiz

AL Pitchers

RHP Justin Duchscherer
RHP Roy Halladay
LHP Scott Kazmir
LHP Cliff Lee
RHP Joe Nathan
RHP Jonathan Papelbon
RHP Mariano Rivera
RHP Francisco Rodriguez
RHP Ervin Santana
LHP Joe Saunders
LHP George Sherrill
RHP Joakim Soria

AL Reserves
C Dioner Navarro
C Jason Varitek
1B Justin Morneau
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Michael Young
3B Joe Crede
3B Carlos Guillen
OF J.D. Drew
OF Carlos Quentin
OF Grady Sizemore
DH Milton Bradley

NL Starters
C Geovany Soto
1B Lance Berkman
2B Chase Utley
3B Chipper Jones
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Ryan Braun
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Kosuke Fukudome

NL Pitchers
RHP Aaron Cook
RHP Ryan Dempster
RHP Dan Haren
RHP Brad Lidge
RHP Tim Lincecum
RHP Ben Sheets
RHP Edinson Volquez
LHP Billy Wagner
RHP Brandon Webb
RHP Brian Wilson
RHP Kerry Wood
RHP Carlos Zambrano

NL Reserves

C Russell Martin
C Brian McCann
1B Adrian Gonzalez
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dan Uggla
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Cristian Guzman
SS Miguel Tejada
OF Matt Holliday
OF Ryan Ludwick
OF Nate McLouth

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
It looks like the next time C.C. Sabathia takes the mound he'll be donning a Milwaukee Brewers jersey.

The Brewers and the Cleveland Indians agreed to a deal for the reigning AL Cy Young on Sunday, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. The newspaper reports the deal is contingent on paperwork being finished and the exchange of medical records.

Cleveland would get Double-A outfielder Matt LaPorta, who is hitting .288 with 20 homers and 66 RBIs in 84 games for Huntsville, and two other minor leaguers in return, according to the Journal Sentinel. The two other players do not include top prospects Alcides Escobar or Mat Gamel.

The Brewers wanted Sabathia on their pitching staff in time to get him two starts before the All-Star break, according to multiple media reports. Sabathia, who is 6-8 with a 3.83 ERA this season, could debut in Milwaukee against the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday.

Brewers general manager Doug Melvin told the Journal Sentinel on Saturday that a proposal was on table and he awaiting word from Indians GM Mark Shapiro.

"Mark said he'd be in touch with me," said Melvin. "I'm sure they've got to think through everything."

Laporta was scratched from Huntsville's lineup Sunday, another indication the deal was close.

Milwaukee has been considered the front-runner in the Sabathia sweepstakes. The Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Rays were among other teams vying for his services.

I will say I am ecstatic to be receiving CC for the rest of the year here in Milwaukee because it means that we will have the best starting rotation in the NL Central with Sheets, CC, Bush and Para (both Bush and Para have been HOT as of late) and quite possibly the entire NL. I am hoping to make that final run to the World Series in October and this might just be what puts us there.

Enigma22

Reaction score
personally i dont really care that the indians lost sabathia because i knew it was coming and we got a good out fielder for it... as long as the indians dont try and repackage the team like they did (2000-05) and keep most of their good players unlike they did last time i'll be happy... and we still have a great starting rotation...

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
AL Starters
C Joe Mauer
1B Kevin Youkilis
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Derek Jeter
OF Josh Hamilton
OF Manny Ramirez
OF Ichiro Suzuki
DH David Ortiz

AL Pitchers

RHP Justin Duchscherer
RHP Roy Halladay
LHP Scott Kazmir
LHP Cliff Lee
RHP Joe Nathan
RHP Jonathan Papelbon
RHP Mariano Rivera
RHP Francisco Rodriguez
RHP Ervin Santana
LHP Joe Saunders
LHP George Sherrill
RHP Joakim Soria

AL Reserves
C Dioner Navarro
C Jason Varitek
1B Justin Morneau
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Michael Young
3B Joe Crede
3B Carlos Guillen
OF J.D. Drew
OF Carlos Quentin
OF Grady Sizemore
DH Milton Bradley

NL Starters
C Geovany Soto
1B Lance Berkman
2B Chase Utley
3B Chipper Jones
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Ryan Braun
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Kosuke Fukudome

NL Pitchers
RHP Aaron Cook
RHP Ryan Dempster
RHP Dan Haren
RHP Brad Lidge
RHP Tim Lincecum
RHP Ben Sheets
RHP Edinson Volquez
LHP Billy Wagner
RHP Brandon Webb
RHP Brian Wilson
RHP Kerry Wood
RHP Carlos Zambrano

NL Reserves

C Russell Martin
C Brian McCann
1B Adrian Gonzalez
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dan Uggla
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Cristian Guzman
SS Miguel Tejada
OF Matt Holliday
OF Ryan Ludwick
OF Nate McLouth
Man the all-star team balloting is starting to seem like a popularity contest every year. I'm just confused with Ichiro, Derek Jeter, etc. being starters. With guys like Carlos Queintin and Michael Young being reserves kinda pisses me off.
Madonna's gonna be at the game cheerin for her little A-Rod. LOL

Wordlife

^yes....7 Cubs!!!!!!!! I'm a proud man, and C.C. to the Brewers sucks, just cause the Brewers and the Cards never ever go down, but with Reed Johnson and Big Z back, and Soriano back in 2 weeks tops... Cubs are gunna kick ass, but they do need to make a trade for another pitcher (top 3 imo: A.J. Burnett, Dice-K (he wants out) and Dan Haren)

Enigma22

Reaction score
Man the all-star team balloting is starting to seem like a popularity contest every year. I'm just confused with Ichiro, Derek Jeter, etc. being starters. With guys like Carlos Queintin and Michael Young being reserves kinda pisses me off.
Madonna's gonna be at the game cheerin for her little A-Rod. LOL

ighiro and jeter are a lot more famous... thats why they are starters. it comes to that for atleast some starters every year because there are a shit load of people who dont know anything about baseball...

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
^yes....7 Cubs!!!!!!!! I'm a proud man, and C.C. to the Brewers sucks, just cause the Brewers and the Cards never ever go down, but with Reed Johnson and Big Z back, and Soriano back in 2 weeks tops... Cubs are gunna kick ass, but they do need to make a trade for another pitcher (top 3 imo: A.J. Burnett, Dice-K (he wants out) and Dan Haren)

I do know that they are trying really hard for Harden from the A's which would be good for you guys. A lot of the guys on ESPN have doubts that the Cubs will get another good arm for the rest of the year, but I think they might. I remember Skip Bayless saying that if they do, they will quite possibly destroy the roster down the road by giving a lot for a little. Good luck down the road to you guys.

personally i dont really care that the indians lost sabathia because i knew it was coming and we got a good out fielder for it... as long as the indians dont try and repackage the team like they did (2000-05) and keep most of their good players unlike they did last time i'll be happy... and we still have a great starting rotation...

I am pissed that you guys got Laporta. He is going to be a killer for you guys down the road and I didn't think they were going to get rid of him since Prince is going somewhere else after this year. You guys got the better end of the deal.

Enigma22

Reaction score
I am pissed that you guys got Laporta. He is going to be a killer for you guys down the road and I didn't think they were going to get rid of him since Prince is going somewhere else after this year. You guys got the better end of the deal.

but we also lost our ace and our starting pitching was the best part of the team we had when everyone is healthy. its still gonna be good once westbrook and carmona come back tho. but ya im hoping laporta is really gonna be good and judging from his minor league numbers i think hes a winner...

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
Yeah, but you guys were in the same boat that we are with Sheets when you had CC. He doesn't want to resign and wants to test the Free Agent market after the season.

Soulpower

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs have acquired pitcher Rich Harden from the Oakland Athletics in a six-player trade, a day after the rival Milwaukee Brewers landed CC Sabathia.

The Cubs will receive the right-handed Harden and righty Chad Gaudin for pitcher Sean Gallagher, outfielders Matt Murton and Eric Patterson, and minor leaguer John Donaldson.

Harden, scheduled to be a free agent after the 2009 season, is 5-1 with a 2.34 ERA in 13 starts this season.

The oft-injured righty missed a month earlier this season because of a right shoulder strain. It was his sixth trip to the disabled list in his six-year career.

And the Cubbies waste no time in striking back!

Wordlife

^yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Just Heard About It.... Cubs Def Goin To The World Series This Year Baby!!

PeepShow

You seriously have no idea I've already heard sportscasters mention the word 'health' with Harden's trade. I've heard it now at least 50 times prolly. No joke. I'm glad we got him, but it's already getting annoying hearing about his health, and it's only been a couple hrs...

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol well atleast the cubs didnt just sit back and watch the brewers attempt to win the division. they came back and signed one of the best pitchers in the league.

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
The cubs probably would have won the division without Harden. The Brewers' bull pen can't hold for shit and the only way they win is by the long ball. The Cubs and the Brewers will definitely be in the playoffs Cubs win the Division and Brewers get the wild card.

Wordlife

^I agree with that just for the fact that the Cardinals aren't all that and will definitely drop down to the 3rd spot like a week or so after the all star break... which brings me to my next point: Soriano isnt going to play the All-Star Game which sucks nuts but oh well