Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

:(

Rangers win with another walk off hit today.

If Boston beats LAA, LAA will move to 2 1/2 back...

straight_edge76

Damn...it looks like the Mariners are falling off. They started off hot as hell. But they are cooling off...bigtime

Travis40

The Mariners' crappy hitting was exposed by the Rangers' pitching staff, and it didn't help that Brandon Morrow gave up walk-off winners in back to back days.

MikeRaw

I loveeee playin' the White Sox. We blew them out 15-2 or somethin' a few weeks back, and won 8-3 tonight as 22 year old Brett Cecil improved to 2-0.

Travis40

I actually thought the White Sox would have a good team this year. It turns out that they were all just a bunch of jobbers :dry:

PeepShow

The Mariners' crappy hitting was exposed by the Rangers' pitching staff, and it didn't help that Brandon Morrow gave up walk-off winners in back to back days.

The Walker Texas Ranger's pitching staff is nothing special at all. In fact, the only starter I can think of is Millwood. It's the fact that when the Mariners have Mike Sweeney (lol) batting 3rd, it doesn't do much for your offense.

EDIT- Padilla too I think.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya millwood is solid and thats it. the rangers just have such a good offense that they dont need as good of pitching to win an ok amount of games.

Travis40

The Rangers' hitting hasn't been as good as previous years, even though they're great this year :).

Matt Harrison has been lights out lately when pitching. They also called up Derrick Holland last month to come out of the pen, and he's been great for a rookie. This Rangers' pitching staff is probably the best this decade.

Wordlife

of course the Cubs game would be rained out lmao... rookie pitcher going for my cubbies today vs Ray Oswalt... oh shit, look out!!! lmao

MikeRaw

Roy Halladay improves to 8-1, Aaron Hill hits his 11th HR on the year (he’s far and away the best 2nd basemen this year), Adam Lind continues to lead all Designated Hitters in pretty much every stat, with his 7th HR, and the Jays beat the WhiteSox for the third straight game, and now have a 3 game lead on the division. The next series with the RedSox will be huge. They’re in 2nd place right behid us, and even winning 2 of 3 would put us up 4 games or so.

Reaction score
I can talk BASEketball too.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about the Yankees winning streak. Its about 5 right now and we're only 1.5 games behind the Red Sox and 4.5 behind the Jays. This looks like it's gonna be a good, competitive AL East season.

straight_edge76

When I was at the Mariners game I was happier that the Red Sox lost then I was at the shitty Mariners winning. If that makes sense?