Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

He didn't test positive for an "enhancement drug" nothing illegal but it is tied in to steroids. Is it just me or can you not be a power hitter in the majors without being linked to 'roids?

PeepShow

Pretty much every great HR hitter of the mid 90's and early 2000's has now been caught except one guy. Griffey. :eek:

EDIT- You could make a case for Pujols too I guess.

Enigma22

Reaction score
He didn't test positive for an "enhancement drug" nothing illegal but it is tied in to steroids. Is it just me or can you not be a power hitter in the majors without being linked to 'roids?

i think the drug was illegal in the mlb actually. i was watchin sports center and they said that if he needed to take it he could have asked the mlb and they would have let him if it was for a real reason.

^and i always got the feeling that pujols was smarter then your average player so i dont think he will get caught. and griffey always seemed like a good guy too.

straight_edge76

Pujols though is more then just a power hitter. He is imo an all around player so is Griffey. I dont think either of them will be tested positive.

Travis40

AL West Standings as of tonight

Texas - 0 GB
Seattle - 1.5 GB
Los Angeles - 2.0 GB
Oakland - 4.5 GB

Texas is in first!!!

Enigma22

Reaction score
went to the indians game today. they lost 1-0. it should have been 0-0 but Luis Valbuena had to double clutch cause he couldnt get the ball out of his glove so the tigers scored. then in the bottom of the ninth, curtis granderson robbed sizemore of a 2 run homer so we lost. it was close and lee pitched good so it wasnt too bad of a game but we should have won. we were inches away from the win. :(

MikeRaw

Brett Cecil, our 22 year old guy makin' his second start, looked great again today. His second start, and he picks up his first win with an 8 inning shutout :y:
On a side note, the game on Tuesday, Jays vs Yanees, should be epic. Not only is it a good test for the Jays, against some big names, but it also has former teammates, Halladay vs Burnett, with a Teacher (Halladay) vs Student (Burnett) type storyline.

MikeRaw

My god, what a game. Any of you guys watch the Jays/Yankees game? It was nuts. Jays beat ex Jay AJ Burnett 5-1. Crazy good game :y:

Reaction score
^^ I watched it. I wanted to see A.J. get beat. I never liked him. Expect to see him on the DL after 3 more starts, since it's not a contract year...

MikeRaw

Ha, so true. My bet is he goes on the 15 day DL tommorow with a bruised ego.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
My god, what a game. Any of you guys watch the Jays/Yankees game? It was nuts. Jays beat ex Jay AJ Burnett 5-1. Crazy good game :y:
;smh:, I guess you were right about Burnett folding as the season progressed. Wasting all this money on Mark Teixera when we could've got about 2 more relief pitchers. Hopefully Joba Chamberlain can step up these next 15 days as an established starter, he has too much passion for the game not too be a starter.

MikeRaw

Chamberlain is a bitch. I hope someone punches his face in next time he does that stupid fist pump.

Enigma22

Reaction score
he is a bitch but hes good. i remember when the bugs were fucking him up in the playoffs against the indians 2 years ago i think lol.

Travis40

I actually went to the Rangers/Yankees game last year where he got injured!

Good times, good times :shifty:

Rangers with a walk-off winner tonight. They have an opportunity to sweep the Mariners again tomorrow. As of now, they're 2 up on LAA. Go Boston! >_>