Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol ya that confused me too... i think it has to clear waivers or something like that if its after the deadline... im not really sure...

PeepShow

LMAO.gif
@ them scoring 10 runs in the first and almost losing.

Travis40

That should show that Texas is the best offensive team out there...they have hitters up and down their lineup that can go deep. The Rangers have the best minor league teams, great pitching in AA and AAA, in a year or two the Rangers are going to be a top team. Their only problem right now is pitching...plus they just lost their closer :(

Travis40

I'm the biggest Rangers fan and I missed it too :( my fucking parents didn't let me put it on my DVR because they had "National Treasure" on there...I had to watch National Treasure...I was fucking pissed.

If any of you want to watch the game later...it'll probably be on iTunes in a couple of days....and if you have a chance...check out Rangers/Yankees from August 4th...awesome game.

Enigma22

Reaction score
That should show that Texas is the best offensive team out there...they have hitters up and down their lineup that can go deep. The Rangers have the best minor league teams, great pitching in AA and AAA, in a year or two the Rangers are going to be a top team. Their only problem right now is pitching...plus they just lost their closer :(

how does that show anyone that texas is the best offensive team out there when they were still out scored and they were going against a rookies first game in the mlb? i mean they are actually the best offensive team i think but this game does not show it. to bad their pitching sucks. i actually used to like the rangers...

PeepShow

LMAO.gif

back - to back - to back - to back HRs by the Chi Sox. New club record.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i heard about that. chicago hits home runs like they are nothing. it kind of pisses me off lol... that would have been amazing to watch live even tho i dont like the white sox.

Soulpower

LOS ANGELES -- Greg Maddux is back in Los Angeles for another stretch drive.

The Dodgers announced Tuesday that they have reacquired Maddux and cash considerations from San Diego. The Padres will receive two minor league players to be named or cash considerations.

The 42-year-old Maddux first came to the Dodgers late in the 2006 season, when he went 6-3 with a 3.30 ERA in 12 starts to help them win a wild-card berth.

This time, Los Angeles is dueling Arizona for the NL West lead.

Maddux is 6-9 with a 3.99 ERA this season, and has 353 career wins.

Travis40

Why?...he can still pitch against the best athletes in the world and he can still win. If you can do that, I don't think you have to hang em up...I'll use Nolan Ryan as an example, he was 44 when he threw his 7th No Hitter for Texas in 1992 (I believe...might've been 91). I think Maddux could seriously have another good year or possibly 2 years. A 3.99 ERA is pretty good, and for someone at that age, he's still doing great.