Official "God of War: Ascension" Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
???Sasuke said:
I have all the Skyrim DLC's on my PS3? Guess your brain has no game.

Oh you mean months after it was released for the xbox. Also gotta love it when PSN got hacked for a month :haha:

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
RiotRaven said:
Oh you mean months after it was released for the xbox. Also gotta love it when PSN got hacked for a month :haha:

1 month. That's how it is with all DLC's. Xbox gets them first because they pay to play online. Doesn't make the console better by any means. Also PSN wasn't hacked for a month. Their security was breached and they manually shut down the network to do strong security maitenance and backing up all the data. PSN hasn't been down since and hasn't been hacked since.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
???Sasuke said:
1 month. That's how it is with all DLC's. Xbox gets them first because they pay to play online. Doesn't make the console better by any means. Also PSN wasn't hacked for a month. Their security was breached and they manually shut down the network to do strong security maitenance and backing up all the data. PSN hasn't been down since and hasn't been hacked since.

Yeah, seriously. I have no problem with Xbox getting some DLC early as long as it means I don't have to pay just to play my games online. That's one thing with Xbox that has always irked me. I already pay for the games and internet service, no point making me pay to play online on top of that.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
???Sasuke said:

It got hacked.

Also you don't have Cross Party chat, which we have on Xbox.

Superior online services, paying for online is standard now on PSN Premium.

The only reason people don't get an Xbox is because they're to cheap to pay for Xbox live.

You have an edge in the exclusive games (though that's down to opinion)

The console itself also has less RAM than the xbox and as far as I know you have to install some games into your hard drive. Which is bloody stupid!

The xbox crashing thing is also silly, because the PS3's i've played have done the same and RROD, Lol YLOD for you bro.

Also come back when Sony haven't stolen anything they've ever done. Microsoft actually paved the way for online since the original xbox and Kinect isn't some Shoddy rip off of the Wii. (look at the sales figures of the Wii and tell me move's doing better, because the Wii outsold both 360 and PS3)

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
RiotRaven said:
It got hacked.

Also you don't have Cross Party chat, which we have on Xbox.

Superior online services, paying for online is standard now on PSN Premium.

The only reason people don't get an Xbox is because they're to cheap to pay for Xbox live.

You have an edge in the exclusive games (though that's down to opinion)

The console itself also has less RAM than the xbox and as far as I know you have to install some games into your hard drive. Which is bloody stupid!

The xbox crashing thing is also silly, because the PS3's i've played have done the same and RROD, Lol YLOD for you bro.

I've had my PS3 since the 320 GB console came out, and I have mine on pretty much all day every day. I haven't had to fix anything ever on it.

"Superior online services, paying for online is standard now on PSN Premium."
- Comes with early access to betas that Xbox don't get.
- Free games that are actually really good.
- Free items
- Auto updates / Syncing / Game Patches / DLC downloads / Recommended games (All why you have your PS3 off)

"Also you don't have Cross Party chat, which we have on Xbox."
- That's what Skype is for and in game voice chat. Duh.

"The only reason people don't get an Xbox is because they're to cheap to pay for Xbox live."
- No one wants a shitty console that doesn't even create their own hardware and they just use others.

"The console itself also has less RAM than the xbox and as far as I know you have to install some games into your hard drive. Which is bloody stupid!"
- Doesn't make a single difference in any gameplay for any huge game. Not even Skyrim, Crysis, or Battlefield. Some games are only PSN exclusives, but most of those are mini games, or games that no one really plays, (Apart from Journey). Also, games that you download to your hard drive will be able to be streamed to the PS4 when it is released. Something that Xbox won't do because it's a loss of money to them because they want you to re-buy the games..

:pipebomb:

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
???Sasuke said:
I've had my PS3 since the 320 GB console came out, and I have mine on pretty much all day every day. I haven't had to fix anything ever on it.

"Superior online services, paying for online is standard now on PSN Premium."
- Comes with early access to betas that Xbox don't get.
- Free games that are actually really good.
- Free items
- Auto updates / Syncing / Game Patches / DLC downloads / Recommended games (All why you have your PS3 off)

"Also you don't have Cross Party chat, which we have on Xbox."
- That's what Skype is for and in game voice chat. Duh.

"The only reason people don't get an Xbox is because they're to cheap to pay for Xbox live."
- No one wants a shitty console that doesn't even create their own hardware and they just use others.

"The console itself also has less RAM than the xbox and as far as I know you have to install some games into your hard drive. Which is bloody stupid!"
- Doesn't make a single difference in any gameplay for any huge game. Not even Skyrim, Crysis, or Battlefield. Some games are only PSN exclusives, but most of those are mini games, or games that no one really plays, (Apart from Journey). Also, games that you download to your hard drive will be able to be streamed to the PS4 when it is released. Something that Xbox won't do because it's a loss of money to them because they want you to re-buy the games..

:pipebomb:

Own hardware, please do your Research, Sony haven't really ever used their own hardware.

Analog Sticks, Rumble feature. Hell even the PS1 wasn't their own creation. I know you'll say Move but it's a Wii rip off. The closest you've come is Six Axis.

Skype is good, but some people don't have access to a computer all the time and If they want to talk then what? It's still something you don't have.

We also get Beta's to a fair amount of games too, we have a good amount of Free games that are really good aswell, Crash Course being a great example.

we also get auto updates when we start a game up? I've also never had to fix anything on my Xbox.

I'd like to also point out PS3 Triggers are disgusting, having used one I can attest to it's rubbishness.

The RAM difference actually stopped people's skyrims from working, if you think i'm lying google it. No problems like that on 360.

I'm still waiting for a decent argument, Original software will probably be one of them, but Not smash bros isn't good enough.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:

I like to think of myself as a person, and the reason I didn't get an Xbox is because I had already bought an Xbox for an ex-boyfriend and let him keep it when we broke up, so I refused to buy another one when I had technically already bought one. :pity: I also didn't buy an Xbox because I had friends who had PS3s, liked their systems, and wanted one myself. I've preferred my PS3 to Xbox easily.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
I like to think of myself as a person, and the reason I didn't get an Xbox is because I had already bought an Xbox for an ex-boyfriend and let him keep it when we broke up, so I refused to buy another one when I had technically already bought one. :pity: I also didn't buy an Xbox because I had friends who had PS3's, liked their systems, and wanted one myself. I've preferred my PS3 to Xbox easily.

That's fair enough since PS3 has a better variety of exclusive games. It's a shame the hardware is inferior, Myself, I'm preferring my Wii U, it just needs some games. :pity:

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
RiotRaven said:
Own hardware, please do your Research, Sony haven't really ever used their own hardware.

Analog Sticks, Rumble feature. Hell even the PS1 wasn't their own creation. I know you'll say Move but it's a Wii rip off. The closest you've come is Six Axis.

Skype is good, but some people don't have access to a computer all the time and If they want to talk then what? It's still something you don't have.

We also get Beta's to a fair amount of games too, we have a good amount of Free games that are really good aswell, Crash Course being a great example.

we also get auto updates when we start a game up? I've also never had to fix anything on my Xbox.

I'd like to also point out PS3 Triggers are disgusting, having used one I can attest to it's rubbishness.

The RAM difference actually stopped people's skyrims from working, if you think i'm lying google it. No problems like that on 360.

I'm still waiting for a decent argument, Original software will probably be one of them, but Not smash bros isn't good enough.

They created their own internal chip processors. Something Xbox has yet to do, Wii has yet to do, Sega, Atari, Nintendo. Any of those consoles.

You said you get updates when you start a game? PS Plus members get auto updates for every game they have while their console is physically shut off, that way when you want to play a game, no updates are needed. You can just play your game like usual.

Also, I've never had a problem running Skyrim? When the game was first released, I had a lot of lagging and bugs but they patched that like a month in? Haven't had a problem since.

The PS3 controllers vs the Xbox controllers is all opinionated. Both function the exact same but with a different layout. Personally, I hate the layout of the Xbox controller. It discomforts my hand.

You don't get free bigger title games like we do. Examples being Dead Space, Far Cry, Uncharted, and inFAMOUS. Also, Xbox does get a lot of public betas as well as the PS3, but PS3 gets access to a lot of private betas if you have PS Plus, that Xbox don't get access to even though they pay to play online.

The Move isn't a rip off to the WIi? If that's the case, then Xbox Kinect is a rip off to the Wii too? Both the Kinect and the Move are supperior the the Wii in many different ways. I personally don't like how weak the sensitivity is for the Wii.

Also, we don't need Skype to communicate, we do have voice console chat and in-game chat. If you want to talk to a buddy, then you can voice chat that way.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
???Sasuke said:
They created their own internal chip processors. Something Xbox has yet to do, Wii has yet to do, Sega, Atari, Nintendo. Any of those consoles.

You said you get updates when you start a game? PS Plus members get auto updates for every game they have while their console is physically shut off, that way when you want to play a game, no updates are needed. You can just play your game like usual.

Also, I've never had a problem running Skyrim? When the game was first released, I had a lot of lagging and bugs but they patched that like a month in? Haven't had a problem since.

The PS3 controllers vs the Xbox controllers is all opinionated. Both function the exact same but with a different layout. Personally, I hate the layout of the Xbox controller. It discomforts my hand.

You don't get free bigger title games like we do. Examples being Dead Space, Far Cry, Uncharted, and inFAMOUS. Also, Xbox does get a lot of public betas as well as the PS3, but PS3 gets access to a lot of private betas if you have PS Plus, that Xbox don't get access to even though they pay to play online.

The Move isn't a rip off to the WIi? If that's the case, then Xbox Kinect is a rip off to the Wii too? Both the Kinect and the Move are supperior the the Wii in many different ways. I personally don't like how weak the sensitivity is for the Wii.

Also, we don't need Skype to communicate, we do have voice console chat and in-game chat. If you want to talk to a buddy, then you can voice chat that way.

I stopped caring when you said Wii and then claimed that Nintendo was a console.

Also why would I want to update games automatically? So it can waste memory on my hard drive? Awesome.

we can communicate, regardless of what games we're playing. Why would I want to get big titles games for free? So I can't support the company behind the games!

Xbox isn't that much of a rip off, mainly because Kinect looks nothing the Wii remote and Nunchuck. Though I do admit Motion controls were abused this gen, I also like how only the first PS3's were backwards compatible.

Also they patched it in a month? Had it since launch and never had those problems, because my console has enough RAM. They made their own processor great.

All i'm gonna say now is we're both wrong anyway, the Wii sold more, so it's the better console as it's more Marketable.

GG's though (you got pretty mad pretty quickly though :haha:)

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Anyway........ :yay:

PS All-Stars: Zeus & Isaac DLC free to God of War: Ascension pass holders now
God of War: Ascension season pass holders can now download the Zeus and Isaac Clarke DLC for PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale free of charge.

Source

I should see about getting All Stars Battle Royale sometime. At least I'll have these two exclusive characters for it.