Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ugh, trying to sign Cabaye....

Glad we are going for players but it's not what we need. Just filling Wengers fetish for tippy tappy tidy passers when we already have Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
At this stage all I would welcome anyone that would fill up our incredibly thin squad.

Don't care much for Cabaye, and he's not exactly the type of player we need exactly, but screw it, he's a body that could add a little bit of depth. I'd easily take him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd say he is what you need especially with Arteta out as the midfield just isn't the same without him. A beast like Fellaini would have been far far better but a deep two of Arteta and Cabaye isn't anything to grumble about.

A top class striker, backup defender (should have got Toure before he went to Liverpool) and a Keeper and Arsenal aren't that far off in my opinion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Ugh, trying to sign Cabaye....

Glad we are going for players but it's not what we need. Just filling Wengers fetish for tippy tappy tidy passers when we already have Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere.

You do have a point, but he is a class player who has age on his side and maybe the thinking is that six weeks is a long time to be missing Arteta. He is another body to a thin squad like Gimmick said. Think you have a shot of getting him if you raise the bid by a couple of mil.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Here's a theoretical question for everyone in here, how long do you think the Man Utd bigwigs will stick by David Moyes should he fail to win the Premier League or Champions League over the next 2 or 3 seasons say?

Man City have strengthened significantly from last year and Chelsea have Jose back in charge who has been a winner wherever he's gone whilst Moyes doesn't have the experience at the top like Mourinho or Pellegrini and hasn't been able to strengthen his squad as of yet.

CGS

Reaction score
I'd go with 3 years but its a hard one to say really. He certainly won't be able to go as long as Sir Alex was allowed to since times has changed way to much. Frankly though as long as he shows some progress towards winning either one he should be kept in charge. They should only get rid of him if he's showing consistent signs of decline

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Tough one as except from his first few years Utd never in a position with SAF when it was even a question. That they gave Moyes a six year deal has to be boost for him, kind of agree that it would take a massive decline for him to go any sooner than about three years.

Last night performance by Villa was maybe better overall than Saturday's, this time we didn't have the luck go our way. Luna is looking like a good signing who can give us a bit of needed width and a different option when breaking, and the strikers have all looked good early on. Deph also has been getting a lot of prise which is good to hear. A promising opening week and much to take into the game with Liverpool. Sylla should be fit for that one and I think he should be a regular starter this season for us.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Another win on the march towards the Premier League title 2014!

All hail the mighty Arsenal, kings of London!

Reaction score
Que? Last time I checked Chelsea and Spurs were more tasty than Arsenal... Besides you already lost one to Villa, whom lost to Liverpool today I might add :D... Oh and clean Sheet.

Ye Liverpool! Hail the Kings of the North! Premier League Champions 2014!

CGS

Reaction score
Arsenal lost to Villa. Villa lost to Liverpool.

So Liverpool > Arsenal? Right?. I like that.

Anyway happy with our win today. Another win, Another cleansheet. We still need to find a way to finish teams of sooner but it's a good start, especially without Suarez.

Reaction score
Arsenal lost to Villa. Villa lost to Liverpool.

So Liverpool > Arsenal? Right?. I like that.

Anyway happy with our win today. Another win, Another cleansheet. We still need to find a way to finish teams of sooner but it's a good start, especially without Suarez.

All we need is Sturridge ;D!

Wouldn't hurt to sign a center back and maybe a second forward but aside from that, we got a pretty good squad tbh. No need to worry about Suarez being Liverpool's savior tbh.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I dunno, I think you can get by alright with Sturridge for the minute but I would have serious doubts about you if you let Suarez go.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I dunno, I think you can get by alright with Sturridge for the minute but I would have serious doubts about you if you let Suarez go.

Agreed. Sturridge is a very good player, but you can't count on just him to challenge for the top four. If Suarez leaves it'll become a big struggle to remain consistent I feel.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Agreed. Sturridge is a very good player, but you can't count on just him to challenge for the top four. If Suarez leaves it'll become a big struggle to remain consistent I feel.

Dude, they are a mid table team WITH Suarez.

Plus last time they were title contenders, most the posters on here weren't born :lol:

They have a guy at the back we let go like 5 yers ago for being past his prime :lol:

Finish above Everton before you claim yourselves kings of anything. At least we are the best team in North London, Liverpool ain't even best team in Liverpool LMFAOOOOOOOOO

Reaction score
Last time we was title contenders was 08/09... Finished 4 points behind Utd...

Ummm yeah, I was totally not born then o_O!!!!

Also, if Arsenal are title contenders by being 18, 11, 12 and 19 points off the pace since Liverpool finished second that second, then fuck me... You guys are brilliant title contenders.... Your average off the pace is roughly 15 odd points and that's the past four seasons... While Liverpool have been 4 points off the pace once, still better than Arsenal, oh and we have a trophy :L.

I can go back further :D but I'm sure you got some good excuses ;D.