Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Did I ever say Ronaldo was better than Messi? No, so please don't try and give me that bullshit Pete. Messi is the best player in the world, Ronaldo is the second player in the world, and anyone denying that is deluded. I 'support' and I say loosely support Madrid, because a Univeristy friend is a Barca fan so I banter with him about Madrid. Funny how a lot of Ronaldo haters support Premier League Clubs who couldn't do anything about Ronaldo when he trolled them (scousers hello.....). Also mainly Barca dick riders hate Ronaldo. Please tell me again who has performed the best in the most recent El Classicos up until the last one where both of them were stand out performers. People only hate Ronaldo because he a quality player and he's not afraid to admit it. Like I said the Media is largely at fualt for his image. If Lionel Messi got the same stick and false articles about him, hed be hated too. Fuck haters anyway, I'm not going to hate on a player for the way he acts, or because he plays for a rival club, I like Gerrard, even though he plays for Liverpool, though Carragher is a cunt and I have legit reasons for that.

He didn't really do anything to us iirc. I remember his penalty when we won 4-1 at OT, other than that, can't remember him doing any particular damage to us.

Regarding El Clasicos, Messi has always out performed Ronaldo, bar last season, where Ronaldo had the better Clasico games.

El Clásico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't hate him, just get tired of hearing about him vs Messi every time he has a good game. Similar things happen in every sport though.

Pete

Reaction score
Ronaldo's been having great games against Barca lately, granted. And Balotelli's just as big of a twat if you ask me. And Tevez as well. If I were manager they'd both be fin(r)ed.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Ronaldo isn't half as bad as either of them. I'm nto denying Ronaldo acts like a cock, but he's never put clubs at ransom or sone stupid shit each week like ballo.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Arsenal fans will never give their opposition credit, always excuses and then they mark out like children when any other top 5 club loses. I bet Arsenal's season will once again be defined by finishing higher than spurs.

As opposed to your season being defined by finishing below City?

Get used to it.

I hate when people always have to jump to conclusions. Mannone made one fucking mistake in a season where he has been great and he's just instantly shit again? Typical.

Hes been at fault for a ton of goals this season, so yes, he is shit.

He's still better than Fabianski, granted.

I don't see why our players are above being criticised when they have a crap game.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
As opposed to your season being defined by finishing below City?

Get used to it.

Hes been at fault for a ton of goals this season, so yes, he is shit.

He's still better than Fabianski, granted.

I don't see why our players are above being criticised when they have a crap game.

Get used to it LMAO.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No, that didn't happen last season and won't happen again.

Can you tell me last time Spurs finished above us? Why would I get excited over finishing above them when it's an annual occurence, google St Totteringhams Day ffs.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Can you tell me last time Spurs finished above us? Why would I get excited over finishing above them when it's an annual occurence, google St Totteringhams Day ffs.

SO MANY POINTS TO MAKE!

1. Ronaldo has a far worse attitude than either Tevez or Mario. At least Tevez gives it his all when he does play. And I fail to see how CR didn't hold Utd to ransom when he was pushing for a move a few years back.

2. Going back to Arsenal one bad performance is just that one bad performance, even when losing to Chelsea the other week they still played well and were unlucky not to get something. The start has been good and they look more like a team, now if they drop points against QPR at the weekend and then lose to Utd then maybe we can talk about same old Arsenal but I won't have it right now progress has been made. Utd have lost two games too don't forget.

3. City will win the title again imo. People forget they are still unbeaten, have by far the best squad and are just starting to click into gear.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

And City finishing above us, won't happen regularly either.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wouldn't be too sure about that you know, i'd say there's a far better chance of that than Spurs above Arsenal.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wouldn't be too sure about that you know, i'd say there's a far better chance of that than Spurs above Arsenal.

Utd need to sort their defence out and get the right balance in midfeld if they are to win the league this season.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
SO MANY POINTS TO MAKE!

1. Ronaldo has a far worse attitude than either Tevez or Mario. At least Tevez gives it his all when he does play. And I fail to see how CR didn't hold Utd to ransom when he was pushing for a move a few years back.

2. Going back to Arsenal one bad performance is just that one bad performance, even when losing to Chelsea the other week they still played well and were unlucky not to get something. The start has been good and they look more like a team, now if they drop points against QPR at the weekend and then lose to Utd then maybe we can talk about same old Arsenal but I won't have it right now progress has been made. Utd have lost two games too don't forget.

3. City will win the title again imo. People forget they are still unbeaten, have by far the best squad and are just starting to click into gear.

1. He didn't hold us to ransom, it was common knowledge he wanted to leave a season before he did. It was obvious it was his dream to play for the club he admired, which had players in the past that he idolized. Dunno how that's holding United to ransom. And seriously, worse than Tevez and Ballotelli? Please tell me when Ronaldo fucked off to a rival club and disrespected the club he just left? Ronaldo always respects United, and you need to open your eyes and see this because the ransom bs is false. Then, find me a time when Ronaldo refused to come off the bench for any of his clubs, and then fucked off to play golf for 3 + months, leaving the club in unrest and causing them bad results. Please also tell me when Ronaldo set fireworks off in his house, refused to train, couldn't even put a fucking bib on. The Mario Balotelli XI just read those, and tell me Ronaldo is worse.

2. United have lost two, Arseshit have lost two. Arsenal often have a bad time against us, and United stepped it up against the majority of clubs people thought would beat us, see Newcastle. Cork is just an arragont fan with his head so far up his ass, he thinks that the team that lost the league with a week squad, just on goal difference, is no longer a threat. I'm realistic, and think Arsenal could beat us, but to say you will smash us is the most deluded piece of shit I have seen from a fan in a while, and just makes me feel that Arsenal fans have to trash talk because they're nervous, and haven't won fuck all for 7 years. Yes, 7 years, my club didn't win a trophy for 1 year, and you think you will 'smash' us. Well, no wonder why you're slowly becoming the laughing stock of the big teams, even Liverpool have more recent trophies than you, and don't say it's only the milk cup they won, because they won the CL in 05 too and FA Cup in 06. Whatever I don't even know why I respond to your Football comments cork, all you do is make comments about recent results, and claim that you will smash us because you have a better squad, yet our squad is 2nd in the League table and has five more points than you. I respect Arsenal, I respect Arsene Wenger, I respect the majority of Arsenal fans, like Gimmick and Aniking, but I don't respect disrespectful deluded idiots like @TheCork

3. No, City will not win the league. They have far from the best squad. Last year they pumped so much cash in, and just scraped the title on Goal Difference. Chelsea are also unbeaten, people forget that. Mata is on immense form, and the combination of Mata, Hazard and Oscar really scares me for when they face us this weekend.

tl;dr ?

Ronaldo is not as bad as Tevez or Ballo. The Cork is a deluded fan. City won't win the league.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Better chance, but not a forgone conclusion. I never denied it will happen again, but those who think it's going to be a regular occurance, need to look back over history books. Remember when Chelsea broke through after Abromovich takeover? Yeah, I do to. Remember the team that ended their run of successive titles? Oh, yeah Manchester United. People will always write us off, it pisses me off, because the ones who write us of (you haven't btw Dale) are usually the ones who are bitter and support clubs that haven't come close to challenging for a trophy in years, or have won trophies, but then been put in their place by United. People seem to forget that we're the best club at rebuilding. City have the money now, but just like Chelsea, the egos in the squad will cause unrest and bad results in the long run.

tl;dr? Manchester United always will challenge. City might finish above United/win titles for a few years, but they won't constantly dominate.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
So you have 5 points more than us, can you please tell me how many points Man Utd were ahead of City last season.

While we are at it, what about the 10 point gap Spurs fans kept pointing out they had over us.

Yeah, both those went well. Wouldn't be crowing about any points difference this early on if I were you, especially when you haven't played anyone decent yet.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Not majorly caring but you bring up stupid reasons as to why you will smash us, just because we lost to two good teams in Everton and Spurs. If you really think it's going to be a smash, maybe you should get a friend to smash a football directly at your head. Maybe you'll have a more sensible outlook on things when you come around, because big games rarely are smashings, apart from when City beat us 6-1 last season or we thrashed you 8-2. That's right, you believe you will smash a team that beat you 8-2 in a game last season.... I don't even like Van Persie, but I sincerely hope he scores a hattrick and makes you cry when we face, because I'm sick and tired of you making smashing claims, soley based on the fact we lost twice and struggled against opposition you made light work of... hasn't the Manchester United way always to make hard work against the smaller teams, and then perform well against the big times? Oh yeah, I think it has. I'm done responding to your stupidity now anyway, it's like arguing with a brick wall. Maybe when you start respecting one of the best ever clubs in the history of Football, I will give you some respect, until then, enjoy being on my ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.