Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Finished the first half of One Piece, very quick thoughts in spoilers . . .

Well, this was one of my favorite arcs in the entire series. The backstory episodes about Luffy, Ace, & Sabo were phenomenal and even rivaled Nami's as my favorite backstory in the show (the first backstory to do so) at some points. Nami's is still better, I actually shed a tear during that one, I just felt sad during Luffy's, definitely my second favorite though. Could've done without that Naguri filler, and Bluejam docked some points off (he really thought they were going to become Nobles? How Blue can you be?)

After that, I was pretty surprised that they mostly kept the quality consistent. Luffy's story was awesome. Robin's was nice, Nami's was funny, Sanji's did some good damage control from the last time we saw it, Chopper's was good, Usopp's was um, it didn't suck, Brook's was okay, Zoro's was awesome, Franky's was hilarious . . .

What a pimp. Finally, the very end with We Are was fucking incredible. Excited for the New World, will probably start it tomorrow.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Finished the first half of One Piece, very quick thoughts in spoilers . . .

Well, this was one of my favorite arcs in the entire series. The backstory episodes about Luffy, Ace, & Sabo were phenomenal and even rivaled Nami's as my favorite backstory in the show (the first backstory to do so) at some points. Nami's is still better, I actually shed a tear during that one, I just felt sad during Luffy's, definitely my second favorite though. Could've done without that Naguri filler, and Bluejam docked some points off (he really thought they were going to become Nobles? How Blue can you be?)

After that, I was pretty surprised that they mostly kept the quality consistent. Luffy's story was awesome. Robin's was nice, Nami's was funny, Sanji's did some good damage control from the last time we saw it, Chopper's was good, Usopp's was um, it didn't suck, Brook's was okay, Zoro's was awesome, Franky's was hilarious . . .

What a pimp. Finally, the very end with We Are was fucking incredible. Excited for the New World, will probably start it tomorrow.

The Punk Hazard arc has been amazing so far in the anime, so that's something you can look forward to. I believe that the Fishman Island arc was a little to long and dragged out and that's the first arc in part 2. So yeah, keep a lookout for the Punk Hazard Arc! :)

I've also been watching this other anime called another. It's basically about this girl who's dead but her ghost is haunting her class. I've only seen 3 episodes and the pacing in it doesn't seem to good because you need to get into the action faster for only a 12(?) episode series. Gonna finish it up though and then I'm gonna finish Cowboy Bebop as I haven't had the chance finishing that yet.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The Punk Hazard arc has been amazing so far in the anime, so that's something you can look forward to. I believe that the Fishman Island arc was a little to long and dragged out and that's the first arc in part 2. So yeah, keep a lookout for the Punk Hazard Arc! :)

I've also been watching this other anime called another. It's basically about this girl who's dead but her ghost is haunting her class. I've only seen 3 episodes and the pacing in it doesn't seem to good because you need to get into the action faster for only a 12(?) episode series. Gonna finish it up though and then I'm gonna finish Cowboy Bebop as I haven't had the chance finishing that yet.

Well, that's good to hear. I think I'm taking a little bit of a break from One Piece before I dive into Fishman Island, not ready for a fifty plus arc after marathoning 59 episodes this past week. It'll be forever before I get to Punk Hazard though, I think I'm always going to stay one arc behind. Not being able to marathon One Piece would suck. As for the arc I watched . . .

It was okay. Not exactly a fan of the fake Straw Hats but it was cool to see them all post-timeskip and back together after 100+ episodes of being separated. Not loving a lot of the new designs but I'm sure I'll get use to them eventually.

Cowboy Bebop is my all-time favorite anime and one of my favorite shows of all-time, definitely let me know what you think when you're done. You watching the dub for this one, right? I know you're a sub guy but considering the dub's universal praise for being better than the original (even Watanabe said so) I figure you'd probably be watching this one.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, that's good to hear. I think I'm taking a little bit of a break from One Piece before I dive into Fishman Island, not ready for a fifty plus arc after marathoning 59 episodes this past week. It'll be forever before I get to Punk Hazard though, I think I'm always going to stay one arc behind. Not being able to marathon One Piece would suck. As for the arc I watched . . .

It was okay. Not exactly a fan of the fake Straw Hats but it was cool to see them all post-timeskip and back together after 100+ episodes of being separated. Not loving a lot of the new designs but I'm sure I'll get use to them eventually.

Cowboy Bebop is my all-time favorite anime and one of my favorite shows of all-time, definitely let me know what you think when you're done. You watching the dub for this one, right? I know you're a sub guy but considering the dub's universal praise for being better than the original (even Watanabe said so) I figure you'd probably be watching this one.

For Cowboy Bebop I'm currently watching it dubbed as I've just been watching it while going to sleep and I don't really wanna be trying to process another language and reading subtitles while I'm trying to get to sleep but so far I've loved it. I'm up to about episode 12 at the moment.

As for the designs of the Strawhats post time skip, I think most of them are good although I don't really like Frankies design and I wish they would have done to make Chopper look a little more badass like they did with Usopp and not just try make him as cute as possible.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah. Fuck Franky's new look. Also, not really a fan of Luffy's either, but it's alright.
Zoro and Sanji look so badass though.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
For Cowboy Bebop I'm currently watching it dubbed as I've just been watching it while going to sleep and I don't really wanna be trying to process another language and reading subtitles while I'm trying to get to sleep but so far I've loved it. I'm up to about episode 12 at the moment.

As for the designs of the Strawhats post time skip, I think most of them are good although I don't really like Frankies design and I wish they would have done to make Chopper look a little more badass like they did with Usopp and not just try make him as cute as possible.

Sweet! While Ballad of Fallen Angels is probably my favorite episode in the series (if just for the Rain-Green Bird/cathedral scene, seriously one of my favorite scenes in anything ever, if not my favorite [particularly the Green Bird portion]) but in my opinion you haven't even gotten to the best stretch of episodes (sans Boogie Woogie Feng Shui, that one is awful). Probably going start re-watching Bebop myself.

Yeah. Fuck Franky's new look. Also, not really a fan of Luffy's either, but it's alright.
Zoro and Sanji look so badass though.

Yeah, his is probably the worst though I didn't mind it because most of what they did was make jokes about it which I kinda liked. I have a feeling I'll probably end up hating it once I get around to Fishman Island. I also quite dislike Robin's & Nami's.

Zoro's & Sanji's are definitely badass but they always are (minus that one awful time with Sanji).

Also, in my break from One Piece I've seen an episode or two from quite the variety of anime. Case Closed, Venus Versus Virus (I actually completed it), Noir, Ghost In The Shell, Gungrave & School Rumble. Case Closed was solid as it always is. Venus Versus Virus is probably my least favorite anime I've ever watched, and it's not because of any idiotic plot twists or stuff of that nature (not they're not included) but because it is so perpetually boring that the only time it garnered any kind of interest from me was when they made one of the most poorly executed and plot twists I've seen from anything ever. Noir picked up quite the bit with the introduction of Chloe who's just awesome. The show was starting to lose me a few episodes after the first but it's regained my attention. Also the OST is fantastic. Ghost In The Shell was a mix bag, the first one was kind of a bore but the second was better. Not too far into Gungrave but the show has improved vastly from it's terrible first episode. School Rumble was meh, laughed once, probably not good for a comedy show but at least Tenma wasn't in it (I really hate her) and previous episodes provided a bit more humor. That's about it for what I've done with anime/manga.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, his is probably the worst though I didn't mind it because most of what they did was make jokes about it which I kinda liked. I have a feeling I'll probably end up hating it once I get around to Fishman Island. I also quite dislike Robin's & Nami's.
Yeah, Nami's and Robin's aren't the greatest look. And they made Chopper just cuter. I also dislike something about Chopper, but I'll just end up telling it to you when you're done Fishman Island.

Mustafar Reginald said:
Zoro's & Sanji's are definitely badass but they always are (minus that one awful time with Sanji).
Lets take a step back and not remember try to reminisce that. :urm:

Mustafar Reginald said:
Also, in my break from One Piece I've seen an episode or two from quite the variety of anime. Case Closed, Venus Versus Virus (I actually completed it), Noir, Ghost In The Shell, Gungrave & School Rumble. Case Closed was solid as it always is. Venus Versus Virus is probably my least favorite anime I've ever watched, and it's not because of any idiotic plot twists or stuff of that nature (not they're not included) but because it is so perpetually boring that the only time it garnered any kind of interest from me was when they made one of the most poorly executed and plot twists I've seen from anything ever. Noir picked up quite the bit with the introduction of Chloe who's just awesome. The show was starting to lose me a few episodes after the first but it's regained my attention. Also the OST is fantastic. Ghost In The Shell was a mix bag, the first one was kind of a bore but the second was better. Not too far into Gungrave but the show has improved vastly from it's terrible first episode. School Rumble was meh, laughed once, probably not good for a comedy show but at least Tenma wasn't in it (I really hate her) and previous episodes provided a bit more humor. That's about it for what I've done with anime/manga.

So nothing really outstanding. Case Closed is a fun watch as always. I feel like it's a show that I can re-watch at anytime, whether it be a new or an old episode. As I said before, it gets kinda ehn around 600 episodes. It has it's moments though.

Also, I think I said Fairy Tail was good? I take that back. After watching other anime's, I've realized that it has many flaws. It's fun to watch, but everything is just a mess.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Has anyone read the latest chapter or Naruto Shippuden?

Some crazy shit with Obito becoming the 10 tails Jinchuriki! I seriously wonder how he managed to do that after being pierced with Chidori and then getting absolutely destroyed with Amateratsu. I everyone underestimated Obito's power, I mean I thought he was extremely strong until they found out his secret and then he was easily defeated but then to be able to pull this off while being blasted with Amateratsu is just amazing. This guy is actually really strong.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I only watch the anime and I skipped the fillers. So I guess after I watch the fillers, I'll read.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I only watch the anime and I skipped the fillers. So I guess after I watch the fillers, I'll read.

I suggest not reading that for a long time then as it contains HUGE spoilers.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It's 559 I am pretty sure but 320 is filler so 559 will be what happens when this parade of filler ends. So I think 322 is equivalent to 559.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I actually found this pretty cool. Considering that William and Mustafar are caught up to the proper arc, I might as well post.
179748_521748294545303_1183449233_n.jpg