Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Anime is for kids. Watch real shows, like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom smurfs.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I'm just not sure if Zack Efron could pull off the evil and sinister feel Light has to him. I'll applaud Efron is manages to pull this off though.

Also I'm pretty sure it was confirmed. Give me a few minutes and I'll try find a source.
Yeah, I know. I mean, the percentage of Zefron actually pulling it off is pretty low. :urm: He was only picked because he looks exactly like a white version of Light. Would rather they picked someone who could act like Light more instead of just looking like him. I just really like Zefron's other stuff and hope it doesn't suck as much as the Avatar: TLA movie. :why:

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Anybody like the classics? How about Evangelion? It doesn't seem as intellegent as it did when I was a teenager, but it's still pretty awesome. I was absolutely crazy about Asuka/Rei. The first fanfic I ever wrote was about them.

33.jpg

KAWAII!!!!:yay:

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Anybody like the classics? How about Evangelion? It doesn't seem as intellegent as it did when I was a teenager, but it's still pretty awesome. I was absolutely crazy about Asuka/Rei. The first fanfic I ever wrote was about them.

33.jpg

KAWAII!!!!:yay:
My second favourite series after Berserk. If you liked that you should check out Serial Experiments Lain, another mind bender.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
My second favourite series after Berserk. If you liked that you should check out Serial Experiments Lain, another mind bender.
I've been looking for new anime, I'll check it out.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen a fair few people talking about Anime on here lately so I thought we might be able to have an actual thread for it?

Anyway what anime are you guys into?
I'm up to date with both Naruto and One Piece, I've finished Death Note and I'm currently watching Bleach.
I've watched Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball Z in the past before but never really cared for them to much except for DBZ.

Rules! Please read before posting!

We all enjoy anime but nobody enjoys having it spoiled, so I'd like to ask everyone posting in this thread that is discussing anime or manga to please use spoiler tags. If you're starting a new discussion or something would you please be able to post what anime you're talking about before if you're going to have spoilers in your post and spoiler tag your post. For example.

One Piece : Episode 69 :ksi:

ERHH MEERRRHHHH GGEERRRDDD!!! JOHN CENA FULLY GOT EFFED IN THE A!

Terrible example ^ I know but in that format would be good just so we don't end up spoiling animes for people who may not be up to date with the anime or those planning to watch it soon.

That's really the only thing I'm asking you guys to be able to do so we can respect one another in this thread.

Oh and also in the anime Crayoslife. Crayo dies. Soz not soz.

:no:! WE NEED A ANIME SECTION NOT A THREAD FOR IT!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
ITT: Dweebs

@Noob Gohan6969 you will never. E-E-E-EVVVVVVVVVVVVVER. have an anime section. on this site. again.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
It won't happen. Super Pipebomb has no pull around here. Jobber groups get no say. And anime is whack so nobody wants that crappy section. Make your own forum if you want anime

OH HELL NO! WE ARE THE BEST GROUP IN THE WORLD!

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I think the anime thread is fine, unless it starts getting extremely active I see no reason for an Anime board in my opinion.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! HAS ANYBODY WATCHED THE LATEST EPISODE OF SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN?!!?!

IT IS FUCKING AMAZING! I SERIOUSLY SUGGEST YOU WATCH IT!! Probably the best episode out of every anime in 2013. It was fucking amazing!

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So I'm caught up on Fairy Tail, both Manga and Anime. (Actually my first time reading manga, pretty good experience.)

d246a00ae9bf1388a15ddad0f9446d74.jpg

Thoughts: After being somewhat critical throughout the show, I could say that this show proved me somewhat wrong. I've come to the conclusion that the plot revolves around their Nakama. (If you read Manga or watch Anime, you should know what it means.) There has been around 3-4 good stories in this anime, nothing that really blew me away, maybe once or twice. But that can be because my friend spoiled most of it to me. I'd give this show a 8/10, also the first 49 episodes are on YouTube if anyone wants to bother watching it. Also they stopped the Anime because it was catching up to the Manga. They were literally like 5 episodes behind.
- 175 Episodes (Stopped Production)
- 1 Movie

d40919188ddcbca9fb52361c01d723a9.jpg
Also, I watched one episode of Claymore and the dub was alright. Was a pretty enjoyable episode, but it's kind of a different type of anime I usually watch. I'm probably going to finish watching it this week if I have time.
- 26 Episodes

9c02331fceef74d907fcfe813abf645b.jpg
I also caught an episode of Hunter X Hunter 2011, because my friend suggested it. I think it's alright. But I heard it gets better throughout the show, so I'll give my thoughts on that.

case-closed--small--11.jpg
Before I forget, Mustafar, I noticed you were going to watch Case Closed also known as Detective Conan. It's a pretty enjoyable show, if you're a fan of mystery. It's probably 18% Storytelling and 82% Filler, but the filler is enjoyable most of the time.
- 130 Episodes dubbed
- 6 Movies

2e6d5105fb6b4d5707da4327dffcf545.png
As for One Piece being bad post-time skip, it's alright. Not the best stories, but the current episode which I'm at, which is 593 kinda made me pumped for the next episodes. It's supposedly supposed to get really good. How far you in Water 7 now?

William if you're interested.

Glad to hear Claymore at least starts off good. Hunter X Hunter is definitely a series I'm going to be checking out (as Togashi [i.e. creator of Yu Yu Hakusho]). Though I'll probably start with the original Hunter X Hunter adaption first, because that's just how I roll. I've heard really great things about some of the later arcs in that show (one specifically but I can't recall the name), keep me updated on that one. I started Case Closed, only on episode 7 but I enjoy the show as much as I did way back when. I have a feeling the amount of fillers will probably start getting on my nerves at some point but right now I'm really enjoying it. Much like One Piece, I'm sticking with the dub until I catch up.

As for One Piece, I finished both Water 7/Enies Lobby! Just watched like 30+ episodes a while ago. Both arcs were fantastic, I'm somewhat more partial to Water 7 myself for reasons and think Enies Lobby is a bit overrated (though it's still like my second/third favorite arc) but that's not actually it's fault. I'll explain in a spoiler.

Essentially, I preferred Water 7 because Enies Lobby has some pacing problems, a lot that aren't the fault of the arc itself but the anime people. Five episodes dedicated to recaps, the last one recapping the last non-recap thing shown? That was awful. I also felt the Kalifa/Nami fight went on for too long, I think it lasted like three or five episodes. I also didn't care for most of the new CP9 guys they introduced (Jabra was alright though), especially Kumadori (which made Chopper's epic moment even more bad-ass) and a few of the fights didn't deliver like I hoped (Franky's fight being a prime example). Negatives aside, it was still a glorious arc. Robin's backstory was awesome (Nami's still my favorite by far though) the following declaration of war and I Want To Live was a thing of beauty (not sure I'd show it five times in a row). Probably my favorite scene in all of One Piece. Zoro vs. Kaku was awesome, even if I Zoro's new technique felt pretty BS-esque. Lucci vs. Luffy was by far the best fight in One Piece thus far in my opinion (Lucci's backstory was also nice). Everyone had their moment to shine, and pretty much all of them were extremely satisfying. Great, great action arc, definitely the most epic arc of One Piece. Merry's funeral was also great, though I think they went overboard with the music video but otherwise it was good. Also, I loved how Sanji not only disappeared for several episodes only to return to do something bad-ass (as he does every big arc it seems) but he did that twice. Good example of why he's my favorite character in the show.

Honestly, Enies Lobby from like after Nami's fight finally ended to it's conclusion pretty much blows away everything from prior arcs with a few exceptions (like the whole Usopp/Luffy fight during Water 7, which is up there with my favorite moments in the series, beautifully done) but due to pacing issues I have a few problems with the beginning half, which is enough for me to put Water 7 over Enies Lobby. Though I love both.

Also, anyway happen to know what track plays during this moment . . .

. . .? Only one I've been having trouble tracking down.

Oh, and I want to bitch-slap that blueberry who thought placing three what-if Detective Luffy episodes in the middle of the Enies Lobby arc. Seriously, they were already crap on their own but it's damn abomination when it interrupts an arc as awesome as Enies Lobby.

Well you all need to give Hunter X Hunter a chance, because having sat through every episode made, it is absolutely interesting. I'll admit it starts off abit slow, but it just keeps on getting better and better a must watch in my eyes.

The standard on here will be Dragon Ball Z, I'd also recommend the original Dragon Ball for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Avoid GT like the plague because it's terrible and probably could have been written from somebody on the internet.

One of my personal favourites is a series called Bobobo-bo bo-bobo, it's a comedy anime and doesn't take it self seriously at all, only 79 episodes and each of them was amazing.
I will be, just way down the line and yep, GT is utter crap but I've hated on that show on here enough. From my memory Bobobo was just someone does something wacky then someone yells about how wacky it was for like 83% of it's jokes. That type of humor doesn't do it for me.
I've definitely finished Death Note considering it's really not that long and have seen the Japanese live action films of it. Thank god the rumors of an English live action remake of it weren't true. They would just whitetify everything. :tough:

I've also finished Elfen Lied. Very sad anime, that.

I've watched every Naruto episode before Shippuuden. Have not watched Shippuuden at all, lmfao.

I've also watched some Inuyasha, Haruhi Suzumiya and Sekirei.

Compared to most anime, Death Note is actually long. As for Elfen Lied, um the stuff focusing on Kurama was good. The rest was crap, but I'm not going into that again on here. Oh, and anyone looking to get into it, avoid the dub like the plague, it is god awful.

The first episode of Serial Experiments Lain came off as way too pretentious to me & it had untranslated Kanji appearing on the screen in lieu of anything else (which also plays a role in the former thing, not the untranslated part that was just my bad luck) so I put it off. Definitely will be resuming it later though, not only because I'm trying not to drop any animes but also because of the people involved; ABe (character designer of Texhnolyze & creator of Haibane Renmei, one of my favorite animes) & Chiaki (who also wrote Texhnolyze, which I really enjoyed obviously).

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
The first episode of Serial Experiments Lain came off as way too pretentious to me & it had untranslated Kanji appearing on the screen in lieu of anything else (which also plays a role in the former thing, not the untranslated part that was just my bad luck) so I put it off. Definitely will be resuming it later though, not only because I'm trying not to drop any animes but also because of the people involved; ABe (character designer of Texhnolyze & creator of Haibane Renmei, one of my favorite animes) & Chiaki (who also wrote Texhnolyze, which I really enjoyed obviously).

Yeah give it another chance, I didn't get anything after the first episode either. I didn't understand it completely after it was all over too. I kind of like that though, it made me reflect on it for a while until I took from it what I wanted.