Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Glad to hear Claymore at least starts off good. Hunter X Hunter is definitely a series I'm going to be checking out (as Togashi [i.e. creator of Yu Yu Hakusho]). Though I'll probably start with the original Hunter X Hunter adaption first, because that's just how I roll. I've heard really great things about some of the later arcs in that show (one specifically but I can't recall the name), keep me updated on that one. I started Case Closed, only on episode 7 but I enjoy the show as much as I did way back when. I have a feeling the amount of fillers will probably start getting on my nerves at some point but right now I'm really enjoying it. Much like One Piece, I'm sticking with the dub until I catch up.

As for One Piece, I finished both Water 7/Enies Lobby! Just watched like 30+ episodes a while ago. Both arcs were fantastic, I'm somewhat more partial to Water 7 myself for reasons and think Enies Lobby is a bit overrated (though it's still like my second/third favorite arc) but that's not actually it's fault. I'll explain in a spoiler.

Essentially, I preferred Water 7 because Enies Lobby has some pacing problems, a lot that aren't the fault of the arc itself but the anime people. Five episodes dedicated to recaps, the last one recapping the last non-recap thing shown? That was awful. I also felt the Kalifa/Nami fight went on for too long, I think it lasted like three or five episodes. I also didn't care for most of the new CP9 guys they introduced (Jabra was alright though), especially Kumadori (which made Chopper's epic moment even more bad-ass) and a few of the fights didn't deliver like I hoped (Franky's fight being a prime example). Negatives aside, it was still a glorious arc. Robin's backstory was awesome (Nami's still my favorite by far though) the following declaration of war and I Want To Live was a thing of beauty (not sure I'd show it five times in a row). Probably my favorite scene in all of One Piece. Zoro vs. Kaku was awesome, even if I Zoro's new technique felt pretty BS-esque. Lucci vs. Luffy was by far the best fight in One Piece thus far in my opinion (Lucci's backstory was also nice). Everyone had their moment to shine, and pretty much all of them were extremely satisfying. Great, great action arc, definitely the most epic arc of One Piece. Merry's funeral was also great, though I think they went overboard with the music video but otherwise it was good. Also, I loved how Sanji not only disappeared for several episodes only to return to do something bad-ass (as he does every big arc it seems) but he did that twice. Good example of why he's my favorite character in the show.

Honestly, Enies Lobby from like after Nami's fight finally ended to it's conclusion pretty much blows away everything from prior arcs with a few exceptions (like the whole Usopp/Luffy fight during Water 7, which is up there with my favorite moments in the series, beautifully done) but due to pacing issues I have a few problems with the beginning half, which is enough for me to put Water 7 over Enies Lobby. Though I love both.

Also, anyway happen to know what track plays during this moment . . .

. . .? Only one I've been having trouble tracking down.

Oh, and I want to bitch-slap that blueberry who thought placing three what-if Detective Luffy episodes in the middle of the Enies Lobby arc. Seriously, they were already crap on their own but it's damn abomination when it interrupts an arc as awesome as Enies Lobby.

I skipped the filler btw, lol. Even the recap of the back stories of each character after Robin said she wanted to live. I've seen it before, didn't need to see it again. Also, Enies Lobby is my second favourite Arc. My first is the one after the current one you're on or should be getting to.
So considering you're done Enies, does that mean that now they're back at Water 7? It should get a bit good, then it'll fall through again.
Also the filler you were talking about will return at the most random times. So I'd suggest to skip it as they aren't benefiting anyone.
As for Detective Conan, the fillers get boring personally for me easily. But after I take a break and listen to one of the tunes, it gets me back in the mood to watch it. lol.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
^Thank you!

I skimmed the recaps. I only watched most of Nami's (because I love that arc) & a third of Luffy's (because I didn't want to believe they were legitimately just showing us episode 4 again) but thanks to MAL I've adopted the habit of not skipping any episode (except full-on recaps of course). I'll probably just save those fillers for after I'm finished with whatever arc they popped up in.

And yeah, they're heading back to Water 7. Haven't seen anything since, Community's kind of taken up all my free time.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
^Thank you!

I skimmed the recaps. I only watched most of Nami's (because I love that arc) & a third of Luffy's (because I didn't want to believe they were legitimately just showing us episode 4 again) but thanks to MAL I've adopted the habit of not skipping any episode (except full-on recaps of course). I'll probably just save those fillers for after I'm finished with whatever arc they popped up in.

And yeah, they're heading back to Water 7. Haven't seen anything since, Community's kind of taken up all my free time.
lol, are you enjoying Community? The arc after Water Seven aka Thriller Bark is somewhat boring and will end around episode 370-380. It gets good around there.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Mustafar Reginald you're done Thriller Bark?

Yep! In fact, I started Amazon Lily.

Post-Enies Lobby/Return to Water 7 was pretty good. Didn't like the Luffy filler they added in but the Zoro one was decent and I enjoyed the Sanji one. Kind of confused by Coby's and Helmpeppo's sudden growth spurt but I can ignore it because their new designs are much better.

Thriller Bark was an incredibly solid arc. The beginning was pretty good, Brook's introduction was great and it was pretty good bunch of set-up episodes though I found just about all the Nami/Usopp/Chopper scenes annoying (it started off good enough but it quick fast). The middle probably dragged too much and lost several of it's luster once the novelty wore up but it had it's moments here and there to keep me entertained (Brook's epic return to the story saving Robin & Franky; Sanji destroying Absalom; the end of the Usopp/Perona fight). It started coming together more towards the end, though the fight with Oz/Oars/Odz (seriously, the translations kept changing their mind) was pretty cool for seeing all the team actually working together but again probably too dragged out. Loved "docking" tactic 15. Nightmare Luffy was okay but I much preferred the stuff after (them absolutely destroying Oz and the final fight with Moria (who was a terrible villain, as was pretty much all of them, probably the worst set of villains in a big arc yet). Of course, who cares about that, all the great stuff in the arc came after Moria was defeated. Throughout most of Thriller Bark, I enjoyed Robin (obviously) & Brook the most, but then Kuma came and this happened . . .

plbmqaX.gif

^Probably the most badass moment in the series, definitely up there. Zoro's badass incarnate. Also, Brook's story was beautifully done and I love Bink's Sake, probably my third favorite so far, maybe fourth if I'm allowed to count the manga version of Sanji (nothing major is changed, Zeff just eats his foot in the manga version and I just thought that was a far better way of driving home the point about never wasting food and also less cliché). Oh, and it really upsets me knowing we'll probably never learn the story behind this . . .

l2fvuOh.png

Anyway, Lovely Land filler arc was okay. I have my problems with it but I can't be motivated to talk about something so pointless (okay, technically Luffy uses haki here which is a nice touch but still). Spa Island arc wasn't too great, animated way too well for a filler. The Brook filler episode before Sabaody was great though. Sabaody itself took awhile to get off the ground. I liked the initial Duval joke but it got annoying quickly (might be because of my bias towards Sanji). Sabaody got pretty epic rather quickly, especially near the end when Luffy finally punched the asshole World Nobles (god how much I loathe those characters). Law is probably my favorite Non-Strawhat Supernova, his DF ability is just awesome. Then would probably be X-Drake. Hawkins, Kid & Killer were also kind of cool. The rest were okay. Rayleigh's just badass (also, one of my favorite episodes of the arc was him telling as about Gol D. Roger). Really wish I wasn't spoiled on everyone getting separated but it was still really well done. I did watch the other Boss Historical Luffy crap, they were better than the first bunch but that doesn't say much.

I'm not far into Amazon Lily but I'm not really enjoying it that much. The humor just doesn't do it for me. I've had two laughs which I'm not going into out of laziness and based off the first episode she appeared in, I don't like Hancock. I instantly take a disliking to any character who is heralded as the something completely subjective like most beautiful woman in the world (it doesn't help when I find her design personally ugly too, but then again I'm attracted to real girls, not drawings so my opinion is probably invalidated with), and I don't care for the attitude she brings along with that. Of course, she's had one scene and that's not the fairest way to judge a character but so far I'm taking a disliking to this arc.

Also, love the developments with Ace, can't wait to see how that ends up going.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yep! In fact, I started Amazon Lily.

Post-Enies Lobby/Return to Water 7 was pretty good. Didn't like the Luffy filler they added in but the Zoro one was decent and I enjoyed the Sanji one. Kind of confused by Coby's and Helmpeppo's sudden growth spurt but I can ignore it because their new designs are much better.
That's apparently because of Garp's training.

Thriller Bark was an incredibly solid arc. The beginning was pretty good, Brook's introduction was great and it was pretty good bunch of set-up episodes though I found just about all the Nami/Usopp/Chopper scenes annoying (it started off good enough but it quick fast). The middle probably dragged too much and lost several of it's luster once the novelty wore up but it had it's moments here and there to keep me entertained (Brook's epic return to the story saving Robin & Franky; Sanji destroying Absalom; the end of the Usopp/Perona fight). It started coming together more towards the end, though the fight with Oz/Oars/Odz (seriously, the translations kept changing their mind) was pretty cool for seeing all the team actually working together but again probably too dragged out. Loved "docking" tactic 15. Nightmare Luffy was okay but I much preferred the stuff after (them absolutely destroying Oz and the final fight with Moria (who was a terrible villain, as was pretty much all of them, probably the worst set of villains in a big arc yet). Of course, who cares about that, all the great stuff in the arc came after Moria was defeated. Throughout most of Thriller Bark, I enjoyed Robin (obviously) & Brook the most, but then Kuma came and this happened . . .

plbmqaX.gif

^Probably the most badass moment in the series, definitely up there. Zoro's badass incarnate. Also, Brook's story was beautifully done and I love Bink's Sake, probably my third favorite so far, maybe fourth if I'm allowed to count the manga version of Sanji (nothing major is changed, Zeff just eats his foot in the manga version and I just thought that was a far better way of driving home the point about never wasting food and also less cliché). Oh, and it really upsets me knowing we'll probably never learn the story behind this . . .

l2fvuOh.png

The reason I disliked Thriller Bark was I felt it dragged on too long. I honestly didn't care about Chopper/Usopp/Nami's for the majority and they were the focus at the time. The ending or the action it picked up quite a bit. And yeah, Zoro's sacrifice was really badass. I have a feeling if it were Sanji, he would have died, no offence to Sanji.
Also, Oda usually foreshadows a lot of things, so I see that being told in time. There is a theory out there, but you have to be finished watching a certain arc. You aren't there yet but will be there soon.
Btw It's Oars.

Anyway, Lovely Land filler arc was okay. I have my problems with it but I can't be motivated to talk about something so pointless (okay, technically Luffy uses haki here which is a nice touch but still). Spa Island arc wasn't too great, animated way too well for a filler. The Brook filler episode before Sabaody was great though. Sabaody itself took awhile to get off the ground. I liked the initial Duval joke but it got annoying quickly (might be because of my bias towards Sanji). Sabaody got pretty epic rather quickly, especially near the end when Luffy finally punched the asshole World Nobles (god how much I loathe those characters). Law is probably my favorite Non-Strawhat Supernova, his DF ability is just awesome. Then would probably be X-Drake. Hawkins, Kid & Killer were also kind of cool. The rest were okay. Rayleigh's just badass (also, one of my favorite episodes of the arc was him telling as about Gol D. Roger). Really wish I wasn't spoiled on everyone getting separated but it was still really well done. I did watch the other Boss Historical Luffy crap, they were better than the first bunch but that doesn't say much.
20100429041226%2521Rayleigh_haki.gif
Marked out for everyone's reaction to Conquerors Haki. And yeah, Trafalgar Law is my favourite character or probably behind Zoro by a bit.
Ahhh, I always try to avoid spoilers. They affect my reactions, so whenever I see one, I'll ignore it. Hopefully that was the only spoiler you read.
Also, I'd like to add that I found Rayleigh's entrance pretty badass. Just the music and everything was cool. It could have been done a bit better though.

I'm not far into Amazon Lily but I'm not really enjoying it that much. The humor just doesn't do it for me. I've had two laughs which I'm not going into out of laziness and based off the first episode she appeared in, I don't like Hancock. I instantly take a disliking to any character who is heralded as the something completely subjective like most beautiful woman in the world (it doesn't help when I find her design personally ugly too, but then again I'm attracted to real girls, not drawings so my opinion is probably invalidated with), and I don't care for the attitude she brings along with that. Of course, she's had one scene and that's not the fairest way to judge a character but so far I'm taking a disliking to this arc.
Thankfully, it's not a big arc. It's just setting up for something bigger. Hopefully you'll enjoy Impel Down and Marineford.

Also, love the developments with Ace, can't wait to see how that ends up going.

I just replied in your spoiler so it didn't seem weird.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I watch Rosario Vampire, Sekirei, DBZ,Claymore,Shikibane Hime, and anything else that is on Netflix in the anime section

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Claymore is on Netflix? Fuck, someone should have told me.

It's been on Netflix for like 2 years, haha. It's a very good series IMO.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Anybody watched the latest Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack on Titan episode? For once Armin does something that's not fucking useless.

Manga and future anime spoiler:
He doesn't do anything good for a while now...

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I just replied in your spoiler so it didn't seem weird.

Okay, apparently I can't quote your responses so mine will seem weird . . .

Yeah, I totally see where you're coming from with Thriller Bark. And Conqueror's Haki was awesome in Sabaody but nothing compared to the epicness of Luffy using it at Marineford. I'm getting ahead of myself though. And unfortunately, Youtube randomly decided to spoil me on Ace's death but beside that only very minor details that I'm actually glad I was spoiled on because it just got me pumped for the arcs (like I knew Crocodile was going return to the story, fuck yes!). Anyway, Amazon Lily remained crap but at the very least Luffy was awesome in it. Really dislike Boa, especially now she just turned into a one-note character who only thinks about Luffy. Can't say I like when a woman's only real defining characteristic is wanting to get with some guy. But whatever.

The other crew going-ons ranged from okay (Choppers), great (Robin's), and total abominations (Sanji [oh, and I agree. He's my favorite but he would've died] ~ seriously, you put a dress on him and he suddenly becomes an okama? Fuck you, anime (from my understanding, that wasn't canon and the anime just made it up)). Impel Down was a bit tedious at times but had quite a few moments to make up for it. Every moment with Crocodile was pure awesomeness. Magellan was pretty badass when he didn't have diarrhea (him single handedly owning Blackbeard's entire crew was awesome). Luffy was great as always. Buggy got annoying quickly. Mr. 3 & Mr. 2 were pretty good though (not that I care that much for either). Oh, I dislike Ivankov too. Can't wait to find out Crocodile's secret too. Hope it's not that he was formerly a woman like I hear most people talking about. Hell, I've heard people suggest he's Luffy's mother (yeah, I don't get it either). Good arc overall, 7/10,

Marineford was pretty epic though, definitely one of my favorites. I really could've done without all the Buggy comic relief (and the Boa ones too, but those were sparse so I didn't mind). I also wish they could've shown us some more of the action. I got really pumped for Crocodile vs. Mihawk but of course we see none of that and Crocodile just disappears for five or so episodes (that kept happening to alot of characters too, understandable but when they keep flashing to Buggy doing the same exact joke it gets a little irritating knowing Mihawk, Crocodile, Smoker, etc. are also there doing something). The last real complaint I have is I really felt nothing during Ace's death episode aside from Garp's reaction (Garp was fantastic in this arc). I'm sure being spoiled on it was part of the reason but I've been spoiled on deaths before and still got sad during them (or during rewatch). Too dragged and a lot of flashbacks dealing with the same exact thing (Ace questioning people about Roger) and to be honest, that's not as emotional affecting as say flashbacks of him with Luffy and the gang (which I want to say they had some of but most of it was that Roger stuff) and I did feel sad for Ace the rest of the arc.

Everything else was essentially great. Shanks was badass, Luffy was badass (best haki moment so far), Ace was badass (for the half episode he & Luffy were kicking ass), Blackbeard was both badass and pathetic, Whitebeard was badass every second he was on the screen, Law was badass, Crocodile was nothing but badass here really, Smoker was badass against Luffy, the Admirals were all badass, etc. The story/character development was also pretty great, love the development with Ace being Gol D. Rogers kid, didn't see that coming. My favorite fights were probably the short one Luffy had with Smoker at the beginning, Whitebeard vs. Akainu, & Whitebeard vs. Blackbeard.

Just a great arc, not entirely excited for the Post-War arc though. Mostly because it's twenty-six episodes long and I just want to get to the New World.

Oh, Little East Blue arc was meh, and Strong World is probably my least favorite of the One Piece movies (excluding the Alabasta recap and the ones I didn't see [I've seen 4, 6, & 9 as well (& episode of Nami, which should've been a movie instead of special but meh]). Visually the movie was awesome, and Luffy's final attack was a thing of beauty but the plot (& several themes) were terribly recycled (and done much worse), the villains were all god awful, Shiki's plan was idiotic, and it was kind of heavy in Nami/Luffy ship teasing. Not that it was terrible or anything, I still liked it quite a bit (Sanji's fight was great, some good humor, Billy was a great character, all the Straw Hats got their moment) but I wouldn't rate it personally over a 6, a 7 objectively.

You guys (talking to you too William) see any of the movies? My favorite is Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island.

I watch Rosario Vampire, Sekirei, DBZ,Claymore,Shikibane Hime, and anything else that is on Netflix in the anime section

I hate Rosario Vampire. All that show is is fanservice and my dick is very much 3D, animated girls aren't going to do it for me. I have other problems but I'll stop there. DBZ is pretty good though (the show of my childhood), favorite arc/saga?

Haven't seen the others though, heard good things for the first two though.

Claymore is on Netflix? Fuck, someone should have told me.

How's Claymore going by the way? And Hunter X Hunter?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Okay, apparently I can't quote your responses so mine will seem weird . . .

Yeah, I totally see where you're coming from with Thriller Bark. And Conqueror's Haki was awesome in Sabaody but nothing compared to the epicness of Luffy using it at Marineford. I'm getting ahead of myself though. And unfortunately, Youtube randomly decided to spoil me on Ace's death but beside that only very minor details that I'm actually glad I was spoiled on because it just got me pumped for the arcs (like I knew Crocodile was going return to the story, fuck yes!). Anyway, Amazon Lily remained crap but at the very least Luffy was awesome in it. Really dislike Boa, especially now she just turned into a one-note character who only thinks about Luffy. Can't say I like when a woman's only real defining characteristic is wanting to get with some guy. But whatever.

The purpose they brought her was so she can take Luffy to Marineford. The obsession is pretty lame, I'll give you that. Crocodile was gold in this arc. Wish he had a few more scenes. I also love how Mihawk pretty much said that whoever this man(Luffy) crosses becomes his ally. As in Crocodile, Buggy, Mr. 1-3, Whitebeard pirates, ect.

The other crew going-ons ranged from okay (Choppers), great (Robin's), and total abominations (Sanji [oh, and I agree. He's my favorite but he would've died] ~ seriously, you put a dress on him and he suddenly becomes an okama? Fuck you, anime (from my understanding, that wasn't canon and the anime just made it up)). Impel Down was a bit tedious at times but had quite a few moments to make up for it. Every moment with Crocodile was pure awesomeness. Magellan was pretty badass when he didn't have diarrhea (him single handedly owning Blackbeard's entire crew was awesome). Luffy was great as always. Buggy got annoying quickly. Mr. 3 & Mr. 2 were pretty good though (not that I care that much for either). Oh, I dislike Ivankov too. Can't wait to find out Crocodile's secret too. Hope it's not that he was formerly a woman like I hear most people talking about. Hell, I've heard people suggest he's Luffy's mother (yeah, I don't get it either). Good arc overall, 7/10,

Fuck, I honestly didn't care about there whereabouts. Don't get me wrong, but they just threw it in during an arc that was getting good and I wanted to see what would happen next.

Anyways, I found Zoro's well done. The others were ehn. And yeah, I keep on hearing Crocodile is a woman and I hope not.

Marineford was pretty epic though, definitely one of my favorites. I really could've done without all the Buggy comic relief (and the Boa ones too, but those were sparse so I didn't mind). I also wish they could've shown us some more of the action. I got really pumped for Crocodile vs. Mihawk but of course we see none of that and Crocodile just disappears for five or so episodes (that kept happening to alot of characters too, understandable but when they keep flashing to Buggy doing the same exact joke it gets a little irritating knowing Mihawk, Crocodile, Smoker, etc. are also there doing something). The last real complaint I have is I really felt nothing during Ace's death episode aside from Garp's reaction (Garp was fantastic in this arc). I'm sure being spoiled on it was part of the reason but I've been spoiled on deaths before and still got sad during them (or during rewatch). Too dragged and a lot of flashbacks dealing with the same exact thing (Ace questioning people about Roger) and to be honest, that's not as emotional affecting as say flashbacks of him with Luffy and the gang (which I want to say they had some of but most of it was that Roger stuff) and I did feel sad for Ace the rest of the arc.

Not sure if you've finished episodes 494-504? I think
I kind of felt bad for Luffy after you've seen his past which is what those episodes are based on. Garp going on to kill Akainu, I would have marked if they fought. Also, I've finally given in that I won't search anything of the shows until I'm caught up as I tend to get spoiled on stuff.
The Buggy comedy relief is setting up for something bigger. Boa's... I dunno.
Fuck, Crocodile is going to the new world. Actually pumped to see him when we do.

Everything else was essentially great. Shanks was badass, Luffy was badass (best haki moment so far), Ace was badass (for the half episode he & Luffy were kicking ass), Blackbeard was both badass and pathetic, Whitebeard was badass every second he was on the screen, Law was badass, Crocodile was nothing but badass here really, Smoker was badass against Luffy, the Admirals were all badass, etc. The story/character development was also pretty great, love the development with Ace being Gol D. Rogers kid, didn't see that coming. My favorite fights were probably the short one Luffy had with Smoker at the beginning, Whitebeard vs. Akainu, & Whitebeard vs. Blackbeard.

Hopefully you didn't get spoiled on Shanks. Also, as for the top villain character, would you give it to Akainu or Blackbeard? Also, what about Luffy getting injected? I found that a great moment, not that memorable, but the soundtrack to go along with it was somewhat perfect.

Just a great arc, not entirely excited for the Post-War arc though. Mostly because it's twenty-six episodes long and I just want to get to the New World.

Yeah, it's just the build up pretty much. It'll come to play during the new world though.

Oh, Little East Blue arc was meh, and Strong World is probably my least favorite of the One Piece movies (excluding the Alabasta recap and the ones I didn't see [I've seen 4, 6, & 9 as well (& episode of Nami, which should've been a movie instead of special but meh]). Visually the movie was awesome, and Luffy's final attack was a thing of beauty but the plot (& several themes) were terribly recycled (and done much worse), the villains were all god awful, Shiki's plan was idiotic, and it was kind of heavy in Nami/Luffy ship teasing. Not that it was terrible or anything, I still liked it quite a bit (Sanji's fight was great, some good humor, Billy was a great character, all the Straw Hats got their moment) but I wouldn't rate it personally over a 6, a 7 objectively.

Ugh, I'm not a fan of many of the movies. It just doesn't fit One Piece well. Have you seen One Piece Episode 0?

You guys (talking to you too William) see any of the movies? My favorite is Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island.

How's Claymore going by the way? And Hunter X Hunter?
I actually didn't watch Claymore and Hunter X Hunter yet. lmao
I've been busy and also am currently watching Arrested Development and Naruto/Shippuden.

Also, I replied in the same format as last time.
So if you want to reply to it, I broke it down.

The purpose they brought her was so she can take Luffy to Marineford. The obsession is pretty lame, I'll give you that. Crocodile was gold in this arc. Wish he had a few more scenes. I also love how Mihawk pretty much said that whoever this man(Luffy) crosses becomes his ally. As in Crocodile, Buggy, Mr. 1-3, Whitebeard pirates, ect.

Fuck, I honestly didn't care about there whereabouts. Don't get me wrong, but they just threw it in during an arc that was getting good and I wanted to see what would happen next.

Anyways, I found Zoro's well done. The others were ehn. And yeah, I keep on hearing Crocodile is a woman and I hope not.

I kind of felt bad for Luffy after you've seen his past which is what those episodes are based on. Garp going on to kill Akainu, I would have marked if they fought. Also, I've finally given in that I won't search anything of the shows until I'm caught up as I tend to get spoiled on stuff.
Fuck, Crocodile is going to the new world. Actually pumped to see him when we do.

Hopefully you didn't get spoiled on Shanks. Also, as for the top villain character, would you give it to Akainu or Blackbeard? Also, what about Luffy getting injected? I found that a great moment, not that memorable, but the soundtrack to go along with it was somewhat perfect.

Yeah, it's just the build up pretty much. It'll come to play during the new world though.

Ugh, I'm not a fan of many of the movies. It just doesn't fit One Piece well. Have you seen One Piece Episode 0? If you haven't, here you go.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I actually didn't watch Claymore and Hunter X Hunter yet. lmao
I've been busy and also am currently watching Arrested Development and Naruto/Shippuden.

Yeah, that as a great moment with Mihawk, and Crocodile's gold in every arc. Love that dude.

Yeah, I get that. Zoro's was well-done but I dislike Perona too much to really get into it (she may just have the most annoying laugh in One Piece).

I haven't finished those, they're listed as part of the Post-War arc which I won't be getting around for another day or so. Heard about Crocodile going to the New World, that's pretty fucking awesome. He's definitely my favorite villain and within my top ten favorite characters (probably my favorite non-Straw hat [though Shanks is up there]. Well, it's good to hear that Buggy's comic relief at least had a point but they still could've kept out half of it and that would've been fine. And that's a smart plan, I try to do the same thing. I know almost next to nothing about the New World so I'm happy about that.

Yeah, that moment was awesome, didn't stand out with all the other epicness but definitely a great one. They guys seem pretty damn good at knowing which track to play and when. As for the big villain, I'd go with Blackbeard since he was the one who caused the entire war along with killing Whitebeard. Akainu was definitely a more involved antagonist though, and a great one at that but I have to give it to Blackbeard here.

Ugh, I'm not a fan of many of the movies. It just doesn't fit One Piece well. Have you seen One Piece Episode 0? If you haven't, here you go.

Oh, I forgot about that one. Yeah, I saw it and I really enjoyed it. I was kind of hoping they'd take that time to develop Shiki since the movie sure as hell didn't try to pass the generic bad guy mold but what we ended up getting was much better. Loved seeing the younger versions of everyone. Pretty much a continuity porn special, I enjoyed it even more than Strong World.

And fair enough about the movies.

I know it's not anime, but how far are you into Arrested Development? I started watching it after watching Community for the second time, I'm only about six or so episodes in. Good stuff. I'm iffy on Naruto Shippuden, heard the pacing was terrible at the beginning but I haven't got around to watching it myself yet. Anyway, One Piece (I responded in the same style you did) . . .

Yeah, that as a great moment with Mihawk, and Crocodile's gold in every arc. Love that dude.

Yeah, I get that. Zoro's was well-done but I dislike Perona too much to really get into it (she may just have the most annoying laugh in One Piece).

I haven't finished those, they're listed as part of the Post-War arc which I won't be getting around for another day or so. Heard about Crocodile going to the New World, that's pretty fucking awesome. He's definitely my favorite villain and within my top ten favorite characters (probably my favorite non-Straw hat [though Shanks is up there]. Well, it's good to hear that Buggy's comic relief at least had a point but they still could've kept out half of it and that would've been fine. And that's a smart plan, I try to do the same thing. I know almost next to nothing about the New World so I'm happy about that.

Yeah, that moment was awesome, didn't stand out with all the other epicness but definitely a great one. They guys seem pretty damn good at knowing which track to play and when. As for the big villain, I'd go with Blackbeard since he was the one who caused the entire war along with killing Whitebeard. Akainu was definitely a more involved antagonist though, and a great one at that but I have to give it to Blackbeard here.

Oh, I forgot about that one. Yeah, I saw it and I really enjoyed it. I was kind of hoping they'd take that time to develop Shiki since the movie sure as hell didn't try to pass the generic bad guy mold but what we ended up getting was much better. Loved seeing the younger versions of everyone. Pretty much a continuity porn special, I enjoyed it even more than Strong World.

And fair enough about the movies.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I know it's not anime, but how far are you into Arrested Development? I started watching it after watching Community for the second time, I'm only about six or so episodes in. Good stuff. I'm iffy on Naruto Shippuden, heard the pacing was terrible at the beginning but I haven't got around to watching it myself yet. Anyway, One Piece (I responded in the same style you did) . . .

I'm done Season 1. D'Z should make a thread on it soon so I guess the Community crew will discuss it in there. I've also skipped Naruto fillers, so the show hasn't been bad at all. It got a bit slow paced, but it's still a good watch.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Latest Naruto Chapter: 635
Anybody read this yet? I just finished reading it then. It's a great chapter in my opinion, I thought Orochimaru was going to kill Tsunade at first but when he actually healed her to full health left me shocked. It's actually starting to convince me he may be going to the good side but then he said that he is waiting for Sasuke to do something (Was a metaphor I forgot it though) and that he wants to stay unsealed as long as possible. So does this mean he's going to try and side with good so he can remain unsealed and then at some stage turn on everyone? Also I'm finally glad to see the Juubi do something half fucking decent where he put the Amateratsu out. The shit was crazy but it's sort of unrealistic considering how much of a bitch Kishi Moto has made him seem since he was put back together. Also that ending with Kakashi and Obito, damn. I hope this doesn't mean Obito's going to die considering he's been one of my favorites since Tobi and all the way up to now. I mean Obito has barely done any damage yet in my opinion he is clearly stronger than Kakashi. So could Obito be holding back for a certain reason? Maybe he wants to die or something? Anyway really enjoyed this chapter and I'm pumped for the next one!