Official 2014 wrestling challenge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Young Bucks vs EL Ligero & Martin Kirby
Promotion: PCW
Rating: 3.5
Review: This was a entertaining tag match from the British promotion, some really good spots, good team work and a fast paced affair. First time seeing Ligero and Kirby and they had some good offence.

Pop Tart Match Count:18

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: MisChif vs Amazing Kong
Show: Shimmer Vol. 9
Promotion: Shimmer
Rating: 4/5
Comment: Amazing Kong hit MsChif with chops, a running clothesline that practically snapped her in half, a brutal torture rack and a couple of powerbombs- MsChif managed a few great counters.
Really exciting to watch.
Majour's Match Count: 2

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: AJ Styles Vs Rhino Elevation X
Promotion: TNA
Show: Destination X
Rating: 1
In Depth: This started as a joke on skype for a synchtube viewing session. It was a horrible match, slow and boring with a meh ending.

Match Counter: 23

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Zema Ion Vs Ricochet
Promotion: AIW
Show: AIW Absolute 5
Rating: 3
In Depth: First of all the commentary team are annoying as fuck. The match was solid. There were quite a few mistakes and some stuff I would have done differently but overall it was solid.

Adam's Match Counter: 24

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: PWG Tag Titles -El Generico & Human Tornado(c) vs Super Dragon & Davey Richards
Promotion: PWG
Event: After School Special
Rating: 3.3
Review : This match started off with Richards and Generico with some decent back and forth interaction, the match took a while to get going mainly down to Richards and Dragon being so in control. While there was hardly any double team moves in this match it was still very enjoyable as there was great action and some good counters here. Dragon does some decent heel work as well. One point in the match Tornado goes for a dive outside and Dragon gets out the way and Tornado lands on the wooden floor.

Pop Tart Match Count: 19

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Match: Alex Shelly vs TJ Perkins
Promotion: PWG
Event: After School Special
Rating: 3.5
Review : This started off more quicker and showcased the great chemistry between the two. Largely a mat based affair with some great holds and counters. Both guys hit some impressive moves like the air raid crash by Shelly and Perkins done some sort of spinning torture rack slam. Later on there was some high flying elements thrown in, match was probably longer then it needed to be but it was a well worked contest.

Pop Tart Match Count: 20

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
AJ Styles vs Roderick Strong, ROH TV taping in Nashville
Comment: Good match smudged by two big botches, one by AJ on a flip into the ring (got caught with his foot and fell in) and one major by Strong (Took the Styles Clash wrong). AJ looked good and rejuvenated.

Stop's spot count: 29

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
AJ Styles vs Roderick Strong, ROH TV taping in Nashville
Comment: Good match smudged by two big botches, one by AJ on a flip into the ring (got caught with his foot and fell in) and one major by Strong (Took the Styles Clash wrong). AJ looked good and rejuvenated.

Just seen the match now and boy did Stong land on his head when he took that styles clash, Styles looked good.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro, Smackdown feb 7 2014
Rating: 3.7
Comment: Another solid outing from these two. Nowhere near as good as their match from last year or Cesaro's outings with Zayn. But still really good. Finishing stretch made the match.

Stop's spot count: 30

Last edited:

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Claudio Castagnoli Vs Bryan Danielson
Show: Northern Navigation
Promotion: ROH
Rating: 4.5/5
Comment: A bit of catchphrase stealing, a lot of technical greatness. Obviously, a few European Uppercuts here and there and a Cesaro Swing.
Majour's Match Count: 3

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Hardcore Holly Vs Al Snow (Hardcore Championship Match)
Show: St Valentine's Day Massacre
Promotion: WWF
Rating: 3/5
Comment: Not the most technical match, not even close. Still, since it's a hardcore match that can be forgiven as it was entertaining.
Majour's Match Count: 4

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: El Generico Vs Sara Del Rey
Show: Hot Off The Griddle
Promotion: Chikara
Comment: A bit of a slow start, but it sped up and became really entertaining.
Majour's Match Count: 5

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Match: Tony Nese Vs Trent FIP World Chapionship
Promotion: Evolve
Show: Evolve 25
Rating: 4.2
In Depth: Holy shit. Just holy shit. I came into this event thinking the quality will be lower than shows I usually watch because AR Fox was champ but I was very obviously proved wrong in this epic match, I am very reluctant to watch guys I have never seen before thats why I took me a while to start watching NJPW and more indy stuff but again I was proved wrong after not seeing much of Nese and Trent, the match was awesome everything just clicked, the ending pinfall was disappointing though because after all that he didn't kick out of a simple pin with no finishing move before it? That was lame but overall fantastic match.

Adam's Match Count: 25

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Match: Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit) vs. Great Sasuke
Promotion: NJPW
Show: Super J Cup Final
Rating: 5/5
Comment: This was simply......perfect. Superb high-flying action and power, nice technical wrestling and just an overall fucking awesome match. Benoit dominated the match in the early goings and hit a couple of impressive Germans and a nice Dragon Suplex, along with some other cool moves. After some more dominating, Sasuke fought backand hit a fucking epic dive to the outside, The Sasuke Special (Cartwheel over the top rope suicide corkscrew senton). After some more back and forth, which included a suplex to the outside from Sasuke on the apron and a missile dropkick to the outside, Benoit won with a gutwrench suplex from the top rope. Just awesome.

THG's? Match? Count?: 14.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Match: Tiger Mask IV Vs Katsushi Takemura
Show: Sumo Hall Promotion: NJPW
Comment: It had a little lull but over all was pretty damn good.
Majour's Match Count: 6
Match:
Prince Devitt Vs Kota IbushiShow: Wrestle Kingdom 8Promotion: NJPWRating: 4.5/5Comment: At just over twenty minutes long I half expected a bit of a lull at some point- I was totally wrong. A good, fast pace and constantly exciting to watch. Loved Devitt's entrance.

Majour's Match Count: 7