Obama-nized.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
That's just because there's more people in the world now. In the 60's, American's wouldn't even defend the US (Vietnam) and the entire world voiced their disgust with the United States. Not to mention, there's more means for conversing nowadays, more people can voice their opinions on anything.

MikeRaw

That's just because there's more people in the world now. In the 60's, American's wouldn't even defend the US (Vietnam) and the entire world voiced their disgust with the United States. Not to mention, there's more means for conversing nowadays, more people can voice their opinions on anything.

Bullshit.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Bullshit.

With the internet, news is available to the world at a quicker and higher rate. Back in the day, it was word of mouth, and generally not given to the entire world anyways. There's very little hidden anymore if you really want to look, and so much can be skewed from every side and "backed" with photos.

That does a LOT to public opinion numbers.

MikeRaw

With the internet, news is available to the world at a quicker and higher rate. Back in the day, it was word of mouth, and generally not given to the entire world anyways. There's very little hidden anymore if you really want to look, and so much can be skewed from every side and "backed" with photos.

That does a LOT to public opinion numbers.

This isn't a debate as to why American was more hated under Bush. I'm not saying Bush was the worst president (although he's up there) or that it was the worst time in America's history (although it's up there). Just because there were worse things going on back then, doesn't mean it was more hated. It should've been more hated back then than it was in the 2000's, but that doesn't mean it was.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This isn't a debate as to why American was more hated under Bush. I'm not saying Bush was the worst president (although he's up there) or that it was the worst time in America's history (although it's up there). Just because there were worse things going on back then, doesn't mean it was more hated. It should've been more hated back then than it was in the 2000's, but that doesn't mean it was.

I didn't say it was. Read in context. I agreed it's more hated today than it was then, but there are reasons for that. People have access to information that they didn't have back then. People can form their opinion based on more than they could back then.

MikeRaw

I didn't say it was. Read in context. I agreed it's more hated today than it was then, but there are reasons for that. People have access to information that they didn't have back then. People can form their opinion based on more than they could back then.

Right. That's exactly my poitn. I don't care why it was. In my original post, I had said that America was the most hated during Bush's reign than it ever had been. Then you decided to say:
And I was basically saying who cares? If we're arguing about what period America was most hated in, it was the Bush reign, even if it didn't deserve to be (although it did). And if you're saying that that times were worse during the 60's, than they were during the Bush era, and the only reason they weren't more hated is because there was less media back then, I still call bullshit. There was still the news, everyone still knew what was going on, and people could still discuss it with other people. Even if there was the internet and all that during the 60's, the hatred level would still not be the same as it was during the Bush era.

Oh, also, you mention in your previous post how people in America wouldn't even defend, and woudl dislike, what their own country was doing. Well that's the same now. People in America hated Bush, and all the shit he was doing as well. It wasn't just people outside the US.

the dark knight

He is the MAN. :bigsmile:

After listening to his speech to the 'Muslim World' in Cairo, I'm definitely impressed by this president and his plans. His vision of a future without nuclear weapons in the Middle East is awesome. His 'address' and the issues that he raised in the address were perfectly relevant. Also, I just learned that he had signed an agreement in Feburary or something to shut of Guantanamo Bay permanently which again is a very wise decision. :w00t:

This guy hopes for a peaceful future, he's most likely fulfilled his promises and certainly is no Black-Hitler or Anti-Christ. If he manages to make a Nuclear-Free zone as he promises then he would definitely take his place in history as one of the most iconic presidents of the United States and would then stand amongst the likes of Martin Luther King and JFK. He certainly has the potential of doing just that, I hope he does what he says he's gonna do.

Thoughts?
rofl, i knew you were gonna create this thread when i listened to his speech in the morning. idiots, he basically fucked you in the ass with a big smile on his face and you all clapped for him.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

rofl, i knew you were gonna create this thread when i listened to his speech in the morning. idiots, he basically fucked you in the ass with a big smile on his face and you all clapped for him.

that's what all politicians do TDK. I mean Bill Clinton basically turned the white house into his own personal whore house and people still supported him.

the dark knight

uhhh, you missed the point. the dumbass narrow minded naive arabs totally fell for him cuz he quoted the "holy" quran a couple of times (bible and torah too) and started his speech by saying salam alikum. typical.

C4

It was funny how he said Assalam Alikum. Lol.

Anyways, what I don't understand is how can the American Government open a maximum security prison in Afghanistan?

Are you guys nuts or what?

C4

They didn't say that. And they obviously can't say/ do that.

But three different people in this thread said that they're going to open another one in Afghanistan.

And they're talking as if it's a walk in the park. Lol.

Kaedon

Reaction score
MikeRaw I have to disagree. Bush DID prevent other terrorist attacks via torture of detainees at Gitmo and by robbing average citizens of their rights under the very Constitution he was sworn in to uphold.

That's where Obama had it wrong a few months ago when he said "We need not trade our values for safety" well thats just not true. You can not live in a FREE society and a SAFE society. Because there will be holes in that freedom that people will be able to exploit. The difference between Dubbya and the people he commanded is that they are willing to die for these values, and hes not. I am, and I think everyone else should be too.

MikeRaw

MikeRaw I have to disagree. Bush DID prevent other terrorist attacks via torture of detainees at Gitmo and by robbing average citizens of their rights under the very Constitution he was sworn in to uphold.

That's where Obama had it wrong a few months ago when he said "We need not trade our values for safety" well thats just not true. You can not live in a FREE society and a SAFE society. Because there will be holes in that freedom that people will be able to exploit. The difference between Dubbya and the people he commanded is that they are willing to die for these values, and hes not. I am, and I think everyone else should be too.

Bush may have prevented it from SOME future terrorist attacks, but it's not immune from any future terror attacks. So all he did was take all these measures, that peer into peoples privacy, to protect the country from terrorists, but he didn't. There'll be terrorist attacks in the future. I'm not saying I'd like there to be, but there's tons of crazy motherfuckers who could find a way to attack.