NXT releases

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns say hi.

At least one of those guys deserves it. Never heard of Reigns until now and Rollins hasn't been with WWE that long. Bateman, Watson and Brice have, and I really enjoyed all three's work. Ambrose has been there long enough to earn it.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
At least one of those guys deserves it. Never heard of Reigns until now and Rollins hasn't been with WWE that long. Bateman, Watson and Brice have, and I really enjoyed all three's work. Ambrose has been there long enough to earn it.

It's that kind of seniority complex that keeps the younger guys from being pushed. By that logic, Tensai should be a main eventer right now, since he's been around longer than anyone else on the roster. As long as they keep judging the roster by talent and instead of length of service we should see some great pushes in the coming years...and maybe some more John Cena runs, but they've become easy to ignore.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It's that kind of seniority complex that keeps the younger guys from being pushed. By that logic, Tensai should be a main eventer right now, since he's been around longer than anyone else on the roster. As long as they keep judging the roster by talent and instead of length of service we should see some great pushes in the coming years...and maybe some more John Cena runs, but they've become easy to ignore.

Wasn't saying that at all. Bateman was talented. I really enjoyed his ring work, his mic work could have been worked on. Watson had the perfect gimmick in that NXT season. I'm only saying what I did because honestly, why put some of those guys on TV only to just release them. Watson got a fairly decent pop from what I remember during that NXT season he was on. Bateman could have at least been a good addition to the midcard division. Same goes for Watson.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
To be fair though I think you need a balance between both. You need to see that guys are committed to the company and still have the passion and fire when things aren't going there way and you're not winning on TV every week.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
To be fair though I think you need a balance between both. You need to see that guys are committed to the company and still have the passion and fire when things aren't going there way and you're not winning on TV every week.

So JTG is the most committed guy in WWE?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So JTG is the most committed guy in WWE?
What part of balance don't you understand. It's all fine and dandy now for The Shield, winning every week and on PPV, but you'll find out more about them as a character (I don't mean TV character) when the chips are down and they aren't winning every week or not making it to TV.

Look at Kaval, uber talented but couldn't stick it out and asked for his release. Talent isn't the be all and end all.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
What part of balance don't you understand. It's all fine and dandy now for The Shield, winning every week and on PPV, but you'll find out more about them as a character (I don't mean TV character) when the chips are down and they aren't winning every week or not making it to TV.

Look at Kaval, uber talented but couldn't stick it out and asked for his release. Talent isn't the be all and end all.

I think a lot of that had to do with WWE not knowing what to do with him.

I'm all good with Shield, really like all three guys, but it just kind of annoys me that others who have proved to be committed get the shaft.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I'm all good with Shield, really like all three guys, but it just kind of annoys me that others who have proved to be committed get the shaft.

Maybe WWE simply don't think those guys are good enough. Watson and Bateman had both been with the company for around four years floating between developmental and NXT. They had plenty of time to show WWE what they can do and even got the chance to work tv tapings for a long time in front of big crowds. Neither guy really connected in a huge way with the audience so it doesn't suprise me that they have cut them loose. Probably better for those two as well since now they can go and get more exposure in a new environment and try to improve.

Surprised at Ryan Nemeth getting released mainly because he is Dolph's brother.

Expecting to see some more releases not just from NXT but from the main roster as well in the coming weeks.