NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
A gimmick change can change how one performs in the ring though. Just look at Cena. I don't think you can argue that his in ring style has changed because he is no longer the rapper. And if he went heel, it would probably change more. With his current gimmick, I don't like the in ring style he uses for it, and I don't see it going far in a real match. If he cuts the crap in the ring, then he could be better. I'll have to see more of him though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cena's in-ring style hardly change, if anything he's improved much more since 2005. It's just the comeback combo people hate on, and every face does it. You can't judge someone's ability by a squash match, all they're supposed to do is sell the gimmick, and it did that masterfully.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm with Chris here again. We know Husky can go and as Wyatt he was just playing up the character. If he gets in a serious feud he can tame that because he'd get more mic time. And the promos he has had already have all been brilliant. I have high hopes for the guy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
We do have to remember that he'll be out 6 months with a shoulder injury though. :(

I'm not positive, but I do think he already taped another match on NXT before the injury happened though, but to keep him fresh they should really give him some promo time each week o every other week where he tries to "convert" us. Also, need to decide if he's face or heel, the vignettes lead me to believe he'd be heel, but the crowd was cheering for him as much as anyone's been cheered this NXT.

TKK

Reaction score
I loved Wyatt's squash, he was able to get his character's personality over in ring through in ring work which is impressive. Far better than raping two indy wrestlers and then, asking to be fed.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That Camacho/Kidd match was very good I thought. Seemed to get close to 15 minutes too which was nice to see. I love that they're going to keep the McGillicutty/Kidd feud going aswell :mark:

That Bray Wyatt stuff was excellent, legit. Like Kenny said, he really got his personality over with his mannerisms and everything he did in the ring. He has mad potential, hopefully he's no on NXT for too long.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed that Rollins promo.

Raquel Diaz character seems like another Beautiful People ripoff by the WWE. The "Exfoliating Ugliness Tour" totally isn't a take on their catchphrase is it :hm:

I'm also tempted immediately to turn to this tag main event off. Titus combing Young's hair and then hugging him after he got slapped, really? Match turned out alright, probably would have been better as the opener rather than the main event though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That Camacho/Kidd match was very good I thought. Seemed to get close to 15 minutes too which was nice to see. I love that they're going to keep the McGillicutty/Kidd feud going aswell :mark:

That Bray Wyatt stuff was excellent, legit. Like Kenny said, he really got his personality over with his mannerisms and everything he did in the ring. He has mad potential, hopefully he's no on NXT for too long.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed that Rollins promo.

Raquel Diaz character seems like another Beautiful People ripoff by the WWE. The "Exfoliating Ugliness Tour" totally isn't a take on their catchphrase is it :hm:

I'm also tempted immediately to turn to this tag main event off. Titus combing Young's hair and then hugging him after he got slapped, really? Match turned out alright, probably would have been better as the opener rather than the main event though.

I don't think the gimmick fits her at all either, not to mention that yes, it is in fact a rip off of the Beautiful People.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
so where can i watch this?wwe.com?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Gotta' check YT if you live in the states. They removed it from WWE.com when the new season started. It still airs in other countries though.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
This looks like the new NXT title from what I can gather

2z3sa2o.jpg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Looks like a cheap wristwatch.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I thought it was a closeup of a ring, or a bracelet. Anyways, I just hope it means something. Like, defend it so many times successfully and you can trade it in for a Raw or Smackdown contract. Something like that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought it was a closeup of a ring, or a bracelet. Anyways, I just hope it means something. Like, defend it so many times successfully and you can trade it in for a Raw or Smackdown contract. Something like that.

I want it to mean something, but not be gimmicked like that. It'd be hilarious though since this is getting some comparisons to the X Division belt and they just made the rule where whoever's holding it around Destination X can cash it in for a title shot.

Aniking

Reaction score
NXT - Episode 5

We start the show with Byron Saxton and William Regal on commentary.

Match #1 - Tamina def. Kaitlyn. Didn't catch the match as I started watching the show in the final minute. Tamina won with the splash from the top of the turnbuckle. Don't worry Kaitlyn, you're still amazing <3

Video package hyping Big E Langston. He generally spoke about how powerful he is and that when his opponent's time comes, they should take their beating like a man. Langston seems like he may be average on the mic.

Match #2 - Jinder Mahal def. Percy Watson. The match didn't last long and was a bit of a topsy-turvy match - one guy getting the advantage, followed by the other. It was nothing special and neither guy showed very much. Mahal won with the Camel Clutch.

After the match, Mahal was half way through the ropes, but came back into the ring and applied the Camel Clutch on Watson again.

Match #3 - Leo Kruger def. Richie Steamboat. Early Steamboat chant as Kruger was removing his sash that was allegedly given to him by Nelson Mandela, according to Regal. Kruger made a big deal about the sash before the match began. As for the match itself, the crowd were into it - they booed Kruger when he posed and taunted, they chanted for Steamboat while Kruger had the advantage. It was an okay match, with Kruger pretty much stealing the win after using Steamboat's momentum, as well as the ropes, to his advantage.

Video package hyping Raquel Diaz. Pretty sure it's the same one as last week. She spoke about the Exfoliating Ugliness tour and how attractive she is. She's up next.

Raquel Diaz cut a promo on her way to the ring. She spoke about giving NXT a full makeover and that the Divas better get ready as the Exfoliating Ugliness tour has begun.

Match #4 - Raquel Diaz def. Paige. Before the match, while Diaz laughed at Paige, the crowd chanted for Paige. It was a fairly quick match and was really nothing special, but both Divas are unique. Paige screams after every move she does, whereas Diaz is very up herself. Diaz won with the Gory Bomb.

Backstage, Alex Riley walks up to Aksana and asks where something is. Aksana hits on him, then when Antonio Cesaro shows up she clings to him and says that Riley was hitting on her. Riley and Cesaro had a heated discussion and will sort it out next week. Not a bad segment, but then again I like Riley, so I'm sure alot of you won't like it.

Jim Ross now on commentary with Byron Saxton and William Regal.

Match #5 - Justin Gabriel def. Heath Slater. This match was easily the best of the night, a really good match and both guys worked well together. Gabriel started strongly until he fell onto his neck outside the ring because of Slater. After that Slater took over and comfortably had control for a while, but as usual the face fights off the injury to force their way back into the match momentarily. Slater continued his domination, before Gabriel fought him off from the top turnbuckle, backflipped off and got the pin not long later.

Two more matches this week, but only one backstage segment. We didn't get to see anything to do with Tyson Kidd and Michael McGillicutty, so McGillicutty's interference last week has thus far lead to nothing. Overall the matches were all a bit of a let down except the main event, but either way this was probably the worst episode so far. Not a whole lot to get excited about, so that's a shame. The highlight of the episode was probably the main event. The debut of Raquel Diaz, the Big E Langston package, and the Riley/Cesaro backstage segment were all okay, the rest was meh.

After five episodes, the NXT records stand at this:

Jinder Mahal: 3-0

Conor O’Brian: 2-0
Kenneth Cameron: 2-0
Leo Kruger: 2-0

Camacho: 2-1
Seth Rollins: 2-1

Antonio Cesaro: 1-0
Bray Wyatt: 1-0
Corey Graves: 1-0
Darren Young: 1-0
Hunico: 1-0
Jake Carter: 1-0
Justin Gabriel: 1-0
Kassius Ohno: 1-0
Raquel Diaz: 1-0
Sofia Cortez: 1-0
Tamina: 1-0
Titus O'Neil: 1-0

Bo Dallas: 1-1
Derrick Bateman: 1-1
Michael McGillicutty: 1-1
Richie Steamboat: 1-1

Tyson Kidd: 1-2

Dante Dash: 0-1
Heath Slater: 0-1
Jason Jordan: 0-1
Jiro: 0-1
Johnny Curtis: 0-1
Kaitlyn: 0-1
Nick Rogers: 0-1
Percy Watson: 0-1

Aiden English: 0-2
CJ Parker: 0-2
Jey Uso: 0-2
Jimmy Uso: 0-2
Mike Dalton: 0-2
Paige: 0-2
Rick Victor: 0-2

TKK

Reaction score
Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn​
This was a great Divas match, I was really impressed by how good Kaitlyn has gotten in the ring since NXT Season 3. Tamina won with a Snuka Splash though I felt thaqt Kaitlyn should have went over. I hope they're going to legit push Tamina, I'm not a fan. She's a very average Diva who rides off of her father's past more so than any other second generation wrestler imo. She's not that attractive either, nothing about her really wants me to cheer or boo her. She provokes no emotion from me as a fan, not that all Divas do. Like I said, I'm not a fan.

Big E. Langston promo was okay. I don't mind Langston, but I fear that his singles run will be an epic fail. He should be paired up as protection for another wrestler on NXT or should be given a manager because he doesn't have all of the tools to make it in the WWE by himself.

Jinder Mahal vs. Percy Watson​
I went into this match with the lowest expectations possible. Mahal is boring as hell and Percy can't wrestle to save his life. Mahal stays at a very slow pace so, it is hard for fans to get interested in his matches. The match ended in with Camel Clutch and I don't think that anybody in the FSU cared. Mahal goes back into the ring and locks on the Camel Clutch again for like five seconds. I didn't feel see the point of it to be honest.

Richie Steamboat vs. Leo Kruger​
I don't like Steamboat, but I wanted to see him go over Leo Kruger. Leo bores me to near death, he tries way too hard to be a heel when I don't feel that it's natural. Not that he would be any better as a face, but whatever. Both men's characters leave a lot to be desired. Kruger gets the win by using the ropes in a short match up. Nothing about it made it stand out from the rest of the card.

Raquel Diaz vs. Paige​
Raquel Diaz is just a TBP rip off. Her childish voice really annoys, but at least it is something about her that is memorable. On the other side, I fucking love Paige. Good gimmick, decent wrestler and she is smoking hot. I expected Diaz to go over though I wish that she didn't. Seeing Diaz use the Gory Special was the highlight. Nothing about this match really interested me besides both Divas looking sexy as hell.

The Riley/Cesaro promo was golden imo. I actually like Aksana with Cesaro even though he doesn't need her to get over.

Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel​
This match didn't interest me much at the beginning, but it was a good main event. Both men brought a great game with them and they seem to feed from each other in ring. Gabriel needs to stay on NXT where he can let his wrestling do the talking, Slater will do well wherever he is because he's the OOOOONE MAAAAAAN BAAAAND! Gabriel goes over which I felt was the right decision. Slater is already over, Gabriel is struggling at the moment. Hopefully, we will see more of him on NXT in the future.