NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TKK

Reaction score
Not a bad idea although I can't see anyone, but Rollins winning it which brings it down a bit. I'm all for a Kassius Ohno reign though.

Aniking

Reaction score
YES! I was really hoping that the WWE wouldn't just make this another NXT (like Redemption without the points) or Superstars and would actually make moves to shape it as a brand of sorts, like ECW was.

At the moment NXT has an Interim GM (although Rhodes has been seen once and mentioned only once since then across three episodes) but soon they may actually have a champion to distinguish who the top guy on the show is. They need that and they need to develop meaningful feuds and use the hour for more than squash matches, which I fear is what they'll do going forward.

TKK

Reaction score
Actually, the more that I think about this, the better the idea seems. Having a NXT title would mean that the roster has something to work towards instead of just competing with no real direction. The roster would obviously know that whoever tolds the title is the most likely to get a run on SmackDown/Raw (let's be honest - SmackDown) and therefore, it gives everyone on the roster an incentive to move up the ladder. That will help to build storylines in the process. I may be pointing out the obvious, but then it's put like this it seems more prestigious than any mid card title that the WWE has at the moment.

Aniking

Reaction score
NXT - Episode 4

We start the show with Byron Saxton and William Regal on commentary.

Match #1 - Camacho def. Tyson Kidd. Early in the match, Hunico was sent from ringside. He actually didn't do anything wrong to be sent, so it was kinda random. The match started with Kidd showcasing his speed and agility, but Camacho's strength took over and the match was really slowed down for quite some time. Eventually Kidd worked his way back into it and was about to lock in the Sharpshooter, but McGillicutty came down to the ring, distracted Kidd, and Camacho hit a DDT to win. This was one of the longest matches NXT has had so far.

Video package hyping Bray Wyatt. Wyatt said that they cannot do anything to somebody who no longer feels pain and that has been to hell, and that all they can do is run. Another top vignette, which ends with "Debuts Next".

Backstage, Matt Striker interviewed Justin Gabriel. Gabriel spoke about going home to South Africa while injured and wanting to come back and make a statement as he wants to become a champion. He's really not that great on the mic. Striker mentioned Gabriel faces Slater next week, and when Gabriel brought up they go way back, speak of the devil, Slater appears. Slater says that he's the only person making statements around here and mentions his constant battles with the legends on Raw. Gabriel said next week Slater won't be losing to a former WWE superstar, he'd be losing to him. Slater wasn't impressed.

Match #2 - Bray Wyatt def. Aiden English. Wyatt cut a promo during his entrance, stating that everyone will understand what he's capable of, among other things. Wyatt had the referee take off his Hawaiian shirt for him, before he went on to squash English. English didn't get a single move in as Wyatt was aggressive from the outset. Wyatt did many unorthodox things during the match, but he's quite unique and enertaining. Watch this just to really understand how unique this guy is.

Video package of Seth Rollins speaking about his finisher. Ends with him saying "Welcome to the Blackout".

Backstage, Briley Pierce interviewed Richie Steamboat. Steamboat wants to prove how good he is, but before he can say anything else Leo Kruger appears. Kruger says he is better than Steamboat and that he's the South African King (pretty sure that was what he said). Kruger was poking his finger in Steamboat's chest, so Steamboat pushed him, Kruger pushed him back, then the two started brawling. It didn't last long as officials quickly tried to break it up. Steamboat's not that crash hot on the mic, but Kruger isn't bad. Need to hear more.

Video package hyping Raquel Diaz (daughter of Vickie and Eddie Guerrero). I couldn't catch what she was speaking about, but it was basically her speaking about how she's going to rid the WWE of certain Divas. I'm not doing it justice because I can't remember what she said, but go watch it. It was interesting.

Jim Ross now on commentary with Byron Saxton and William Regal.

Match #3 - Darren Young & Titus O'Neil def. Jey & Jimmy Uso. Match started with O'Neil using the afro comb on Young's hair, which meant The Usos had to wait. The Usos started like a house on fire, with the PTP a mess. Broadcast goes to an ad break and comes back with PTP on top and controlling the match for some time, with the occasional offence from an Uso meaning nothing. One of the Usos completely takes over, but PTP use a number's advantage to steal a win while the referee is attending to an Uso in the ring. Seriously, watch this match and you'll see how painful the ending to it was. O'Neil, who wasn't the legal man, enters the ring in the referee's peripheral vision, helping Young to hit their finisher on an Uso on the same side of the ring that the ref is on attending to the other Uso, in fact it was right behind him. It was just painful and not done very well, but overall the main event was nothing special.

Only three matches this week, which is the least so far across the four episodes. For me, the backstage segments made up for it, especially when you consider that this episode started a couple of possible feuds or at least just matches for next week - Kidd/McGillicutty, Gabriel/Slater and Steamboat/Kruger. It also hyped the debut of a Diva for next week too, which is encouraging. The matches weren't overly entertaining as contests, with one being lengthy but uneventful, one being a squash, and the other with a painful ending. Wyatt was probably the standout with his debut.

After four episodes, the NXT records stand at this:

Conor O’Brian: 2-0
Jinder Mahal: 2-0
Kenneth Cameron: 2-0

Camacho: 2-1
Seth Rollins: 2-1

Antonio Cesaro: 1-0
Bray Wyatt: 1-0
Corey Graves: 1-0
Darren Young: 1-0
Hunico: 1-0
Jake Carter: 1-0
Kassius Ohno: 1-0
Leo Kruger: 1-0
Richie Steamboat: 1-0
Sofia Cortez: 1-0
Titus O'Neil: 1-0

Bo Dallas: 1-1
Derrick Bateman: 1-1
Michael McGillicutty: 1-1

Tyson Kidd: 1-2

Dante Dash: 0-1
Jason Jordan: 0-1
Jiro: 0-1
Johnny Curtis: 0-1
Nick Rogers: 0-1
Paige: 0-1

Aiden English: 0-2
CJ Parker: 0-2
Jey Uso: 0-2
Jimmy Uso: 0-2
Mike Dalton: 0-2
Rick Victor: 0-2

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
They could just bring back the Cruiser title and make this that Cruiser show as was rumoured.

TKK

Reaction score
Tyson Kidd vs. Camacho
Kidd has really stepped up his game the last few months and his match tonight proved it. He fits the underdog role very well. He was wrestling someone who really hasn't much experience in Camacho (former football player), the two still seemed to pull off a good match. Kidd started off strong controlling the match with his agility until Camacho broke it down into a slower affair. The crowd were getting behind Kidd, a comeback seemed on the rise, but Michael McGillicutty came out to help Camacho. A good opener that will obviously lead to feud between McGillicutty and Kidd even though we've already seen it on NXT previously.

Decent Gabriel/Slater promo. Next week's main event doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Bray Wyatt vs. Aiden English
I was hoping for big things from Wyatt and he delivered. His character gave off a sick and sadistic vibe throughout this squash. Wrestling wise it wasn't much, but no one expected it to be. It was a good ol' squash match and it made Wyatt look very good.

Regardless of I feel about Rollins' character and his stupid fucking entrance dance, he cut a pretty good promo. Not something that he does often, I hope he can keep it up.

Richie Steamboat and Leo Kruger cut a crappy promo followed by a crappy catfight brawl. Neither of these men have impressed me yet, whether it be on FCW or NXT. Kruger's title run on FCW wasn't bad, I just really dislike his character. Steamboat obviously has a long way to go.

The Raquel Diaz promo was good, but I'm really not a fan of hers.

PTP vs. The Usos
Main event time. Yawn. If Titus O' Neill isn't talking then PTP are useless to me. The Usos aren't entertaining in the slightest, their little dance got old quick and now they have nothing. A lackluster match from four lackluster wrestlers. It was good to see The Prime Time Players go over though.

----

This show really dropped in quality from last week. Bray Wyatt seemed to be the only thing worth salvaging, maybe Seth Rollins promo. But where's Cesaro? Ohno? The Ascension? Bateman? Curtis? Those guys should be the staple of NXT - not The Usos or Justin Gabriel. If they are stuck for talent, then give guys like Brad Maddox and Xavier Woods a run on NXT. There's a lot of talent that can be used, but they seem to be content with the WWE lower mid card guys running the show. Hopefully, it will pick up soon.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just finished the show, I really liked it. I thought it was better than the last couple weeks just because they didn't try to fit 8 squashes in one show. Kidd/Camacho was good, love that they are continuing Kidd/McGillicutty since I really enjoyed that earlier this year, really hope, but don't expect it to make it to a main show. I'm fine with Slater/Gabriel being the main event next week, they've had quite a few matches and most have always been real good. Bray Wyatt's debut was the highlight of the night; I can't remember the last time I was this interested about a character. Main event was so much better than expected, but still not very good. It needed AW mic'd up, or AW at ringside at all.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I agree that the show was a little better because it just wasn't a bunch of squash matches. There a few things I want to point out.

Bray Wyatt is a good character, but sadly I don't see him ever going anywhere with it because he can't back it up in the ring. Yes, he is perfect for the little jobber squash match that we saw, but can you realistically see him doing that to anyone in WWE's main midcard division? Not a chance. He'c going to flop. Just wait and see.

Rollins has impressed me week in and week out. Can't wait to see more of him.

Leo Kruger, same as above. Same goes for Steamboat.

Tyson Kidd and Camacho didn't quite click for me. Tyson is amazing, but the two seemed to put on a pretty sloppy match, and I don't think they worked well together. Best part was the Hennig run in.

Prime Time Players bore me. And the Uso's seem to be surprisingly over with the live crowd. Can't tell why. They're just average to me.

I've always supported Gabriel and Slater, so I do look forward to their match next week.

I think this show relied too much on WWE lower talent, and not enough FCW rookies. I hope we get to see more FCW guys competing next week, such as Steamboat, Bo Dallas, Seth Rollins, Leo Kruger, Ohno, ect. And I did miss Bateman and Curtis.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How do you know Bray Wyatt can't back it up in the ring? I was a big fan of his ring work as Husky Harris, thought he had the unique blend of speed and strength that most people at his weight (lets be honest, he looks fat as hell) don't have.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Can't take that Wyatt opinion seriously coming from someone with a Ryback of all people signature.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Can't take that Wyatt opinion seriously coming from someone with a Ryback of all people signature.

Yes, I like Ryback, but do I think he's main event materiel? Not even close. Hes perfect for what he does.

I know Husky can back it up in the ring, but can Wyatt? All I'm saying is if he does that shit he did in that match in a REAL match, it would be considered terrible.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well of course he's not going to do that in a non-squash match. Just because you change gimmicks doesn't mean your wrestling skills change as well. He'll adjust accordingly to the talent he's against.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I just can't see it. I like it and all, but I'm not getting behind the Wyatt hype yet. I hope he can make me a fan though. Just hasn't done it for me yet.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What can you not see? You said "I know Husky can back it up in the ring" and Husky and Bray are the same person. Therefore, Bray can back it up in the ring. His promos have been some of the best in recent memory, don't remember the last time I was this interested in a character.