NXT from Full Sail University DISCUSSION

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aniking

Reaction score
We start the show with Jim Ross and Byron Saxton on commentary.

Match #1 - Sofia Cortez def. Paige. Cortez was given an entrance, the very pale Paige wasn't. I thought it was a decent Divas match, with Cortez (Ivelisse from Tough Enough) winning with a DDT. I was expecting the DDT to not be that impressive and get botched, but it wasn't, which I liked.

Match #2 - Seth Rollins def. Camacho w/Hunico. Rollins goes absolutely crazy when he makes his entrance, constantly jumping around on the stage. Not sure what to think of it, but it's definitely unique. Camacho edged Rollins with the amount of offence put in, with help from Hunico at one point. Rollins manages to steal the win after Camacho ran into Hunico, but I think Camacho had the better performance. Rollins didn't really look that impressive for me, but either way he makes it two from two.

After the match, Hunico entered the ring and the two began to beat up Rollins. Bo Dallas came out and dove into the ring, so Camacho & Hunico bailed. Suggestions of a tag team match between the four in the coming weeks?

Match #3 - Corey Graves & Jake Carter def. CJ Parker & Nick Rogers. Graves & Carter came out in denim jackets, Graves wearing long pants in the ring, while Carter (son of Vader) wore a knee brace on his left knee. The match was very one-sided, with most of their offence being directed to Parker. Rogers did nothing except take the pin after the finsher, which didn't really impress me. During the match, JR made mention that Vader is Carter's father.

Video package hyping Kassius Ohno. He spoke about pain and about how he hurts people.

Video package hyping Bray Wyatt. He gave another impressive speech, saying how he's no longer afraid. It says he'll debut next week. Can't wait!

Match #4 - Kassius Ohno def. Mike Dalton. Dalton didn't get an entrance. It was a fairly one-sided match, which is what I expected. Ohno won the match by whipping Dalton towards the ropes, followed by connecting with a punch to the face as Dalton comes back towards him, apparently knocking Dalton out.

After the match, Ohno cut a heel promo, saying he knocks people out and that people say "Oh no" when they hear him coming.

Match #5 - Jinder Mahal def. Derrick Bateman. For me, probably the best match of the night so far, but purely because it was an even match. I thought both guys looked decent, with Mahal ending up winning with the Camel Clutch for a second week running.

After the match, Mahal looked to exit the ring, but put the Camel Clutch back on Bateman for a few seconds.

It's announced that due to what occurred after the Seth Rollins/Camacho match, tonight's main event will be Bo Dallas, Seth Rollins & Tyson Kidd vs. Camacho, Hunico & Michael McGillicutty.

Jim Ross now on commentary with William Regal and that other guy from last week. Not sure who it is.

Main Event - Camacho, Hunico & Michael McGillicutty def. Bo Dallas, Seth Rollins & Tyson Kidd. This is the first match across the three shows to have an ad break taken in the middle of it, which actually caught me off guard. The majority of the match was the usual heels work over an opponent, the faces occasionally get some offence in but the heels take over once more, eventually leading to the faces taking back over, but this time the heels won, which usually isn't the case on Raw or Smackdown. Rollins took everyone down on the outside from the turnbuckle, leading to McGillicutty finishing Kidd off with no interruption. Entertaining match, much better than Mahal/Bateman and shit all over last week's disappointing main event.

Seems like the WWE listened to my review last week and cut a match off to make each one a little longer. There were less one-sided matches and each match didn't end very quickly like most did last week. Less video packages too, both of which were either side of an ad break, so overall there was more focus on the matches. Good episode, probably the best so far wrestling wise.

After three weeks, the NXT records stand at this:

Conor O’Brian: 2-0
Jinder Mahal: 2-0
Kenneth Cameron: 2-0

Seth Rollins: 2-1

Antonio Cesaro: 1-0
Corey Graves: 1-0
Hunico: 1-0
Jake Carter: 1-0
Kassius Ohno: 1-0
Leo Kruger: 1-0
Richie Steamboat: 1-0
Sofia Cortez: 1-0

Bo Dallas: 1-1
Camacho: 1-1
Derrick Bateman: 1-1
Michael McGillicutty: 1-1
Tyson Kidd: 1-1

Aiden English: 0-1
Dante Dash: 0-1
Jason Jordan: 0-1
Jey Uso: 0-1
Jimmy Uso: 0-1
Jiro: 0-1
Johnny Curtis: 0-1
Nick Rogers: 0-1
Paige: 0-1

CJ Parker: 0-2
Mike Dalton: 0-2
Rick Victor: 0-2

TKK

Reaction score
Just watched the show, here's a quick review on the show:

- Cortez/Paige was a very good Divas match imo, I can see both of these girls being big factors in the WWE Divas Division. If you're a fan of Paige you'd know that she has an awesome 'Anti Diva' gimmick which is a breath of fresh air from the current crop of cookie cutter Divas.

- Seth Rollins still hasn't impressed me bar his in ring skills to which I give him credit for. There's no part of me that is interested in his character (or lack of), he just wears rock t-shirts and has a stupid dance in his entrance. It's as if he's trying way too hard to be different while, remaining the same. Then again, that will be enough to get him over with the teenage female demographic which I presume why he is there. To say he's the next CM Punk is laughable, but to say that he will be pushed as the next CM Punk seems likely. Hunico and Camacho played the heels well as always, I'm really hoping that they get a good run in NXT.

- I feel quite the opposite about Kassius Ohno's character, it literally took me 20 seconds to buy into his gimmick with the vignette showed before his match and his promo after the match. It's great to see that he's kept That Young K.O. Kid gimmick in the WWE. Ohno and Dalton put on a good match considering it was just used to get Ohno over. I can certainly see Mike Dalton being brought up to the WWE roster in time if he repackages himself well. His in ring skills are very good courtesy of Lance Storm.

- Bray Wyatt's vignettes have gained him an IWC fan base. As someone that seen him on NXT, you're gonna love him even more.

- I don't care about what dempgraphic he is bringing in, get Jinder Mahal off of my screen. He is awful in ring and his character leaves a lot to be desired. Bateman has a lot of potential and none of it is being tapped by trying to get Jinder Mahal over which is unlikely to ever happen.

- Why is Seth Rollins and Camacho wrestling again on the same card? Could they not wait until next week to have this? Do they really need two wrestle twice a night to get over? There's a lot of talent on the roster that could have replaced Rollins, Camacho and Hunico such as Xavier Woods, The Ascension, Richie Steamboat, Rick Victor and Johnny Curtis. Regardless, it was a solid six man tag and it was nice to see McGillicutty, Hunico and Camacho going over clean.

This was by no means a bad show, I enjoyed it for the most part. With that being said, it could be vastly improved and I'm hoping that it will.

Last edited:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Enjoyed the show. Once again really love where they are going with this Bray Wyatt character. No match blew me away but they were all passable.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree with the above. I can't remember the last time a character intrigued me as much as Bray Wyatt does now. His promo was definitely the highlight of the show for me, and the rest was decent too.

TKK

Reaction score
[video=youtube;k07XrroeVpM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07XrroeVpM[/video]

Lewb

Reaction score
Gunna record NXT tonight to watch, hope the ascension are on again, they're looking mighty impressive to be fair.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Bray Wyatt is quickly becoming one of my faves, really loving this gimmick he has. Massive turnaround from Husky Harris and it really fucking works.

This week's NXT I didn't enjoy as much at all. Matches were short, must say Sofia Cortez's finisher is actually sweet for a Diva.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- As noted before, Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris) confirmed on Twitter that he recently suffered a torn pec. F4Wonline.com reports that he will be undergoing surgery soon and should be out of action for about six months. He may also have some shoulder problems taken care of. Wyatt indicated on Twitter that he won't be missing any NXT episodes.
So much for him not missing any time :( I know they tape a months worth of tapings at a time, so i'm wondering if they'll be able to make him appear as a character maybe just once a month to keep him in peoples minds.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bray Wyatt is quickly becoming one of my faves, really loving this gimmick he has. Massive turnaround from Husky Harris and it really fucking works.

This week's NXT I didn't enjoy as much at all. Matches were short, must say Sofia Cortez's finisher is actually sweet for a Diva.

Matches were just as short as last week's, seemed longer to me actually.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think the main event this week was longer than Bateman/Curtis.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Are you joking? 6 MONTHS? Just as he gets a great gimmick.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He already has one match yet to air on NXT, possibly two actually. They can still keep him relevant with promos or segments.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I took an immediate liking to her on Tiugh Enough but I'm even more of a fan of Sofia after seeing her work properly in that match with Paige who also looked good. Sofia can damn sure work and had a great finisher, deffo got a future in the WWE.

Here comes Seth and his awful entrance. Camacho looks strange without the hat and shades but he sold that finisher better than that guy last week.

This Corey Graves looks to have an interesting look and as if he should be in The Ascension. Nice double team finisher as well.

That promo package on KO seemed very dark but it deffo worked and was great. Deffo needs a gear makeover though. Very nice finish, although the ref stopping it for a KO could be a nice addition I reckon

Brodie Lee sighting in the Bray package, can't wait for him.

skipped Batenan and Jinder, no interest at all in either of these clowns.

Pretty fun main event as well. Suppose it makes sense giving the heels the win to build the heat.

Also dunno if it's just my broadcast or not, but the sound balance is terrible. The ring mics are so loud when they bump and the commentary team us too quiet too

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Agree w/ most of what Dale and Ankling have already said.

Great show, apart from Rollins overkill.

Paige is sooooooo hot, and English too. They delivered a replacement for Maxine thank god. The Puerto Rican chick wasn't too bad herself either. Didn't give a shit about the match because its womens wrestling.

Carter & Graves have a good look about them, coming through at a good time too with the tag division at a high point.

Kassius Ohno was brilliant, really glad he has a unique style and isn't another cookie cutter whitewashed generic guy.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
In his latest blog on jrsbarbq.com, NXT announcer Jim Ross says there is talk of having a tournament to crown the first-ever WWE NXT Champion. Ross wrote:

"There is talk of having a tournament to crown a NXT Champion which, if and when it is held, could create some amazing opportunities for several young athletes looking to get noticed with the hopes of making it to a Raw or Smackdown WWE roster."

Shit this is a good idea, especially if FCW isn't running anymore. It will really get the NXT guys known across the WWE Universe. I am all for it.