No tag for Mike Wallace

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
ESPN

The Pittsburgh Steelers plan to tender, not franchise, restricted free agent Mike Wallace, according to a source close to the wide receiver.

This means another team could try to sign Wallace to an offer sheet that the Steelers would have the right to match -- or get a first-round pick in return.
The highest qualifying offer for Wallace is about $2.75 million, nearly matching the amount that Pittsburgh is now under the salary cap. To franchise Wallace would cost Pittsburgh $9.5 million, which it currently does not have the salary-cap space to absorb.
At the scouting combine last week, Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert sounded determined to keep Wallace.
"Having a great player like Mike Wallace is not a dilemma," Colbert said. "We're going to do everything we can to make sure that Mike Wallace remains a Pittsburgh Steeler and I think that's Mike's belief as well. Usually when you have two parties that share the same goal, it's easier to achieve that goal."
Wallace, however, acknowledged last week that he might not be playing for Pittsburgh this season.

Mike Wallace

#17 WR
Pittsburgh Steelers

2011 STATS

• Rec72
  • Yds1193
  • TD8
  • Avg16.6
  • Long95
  • YAC493

"[Pittsburgh is] where I would like to be, but we all know that it is a business and you have certain things you have to handle," Wallace told SiriusXM NFL Radio. "So if I have to go elsewhere, you know Pittsburgh will always be in my heart, but I have to do what I have to do."
Wallace had 1,193 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in 2011 and was selected to his first Pro Bowl. The 25-year-old has led the Steelers in receiving touchdowns the past two seasons after tying for the team lead in his rookie season.
Since entering the league in 2009, Wallace has the most touchdown receptions (19) on throws of at least 15 air yards in the NFL despite having the 12th-most receptions, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
The Steelers drafted Wallace in the third round (84th overall) in 2009 out of Mississippi.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Someone is going to swoop in and sign him. Hell, they could probably get him relatively cheap and still pay more than what the Steelers would be able to offer.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, this is pretty brutal. How did they mismanage their cap space so badly? The Steelers are normally a very solid and stable organization. Along with losing Ward, this is going to suck hard, though they do always seem to come out fine.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I was wondering the same thing about the cap. That seems to be the one thing that would be high on your list to keep your eye on.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
But on the other hand whomever takes him gives up a first round draft pick. I blame the lockout and didn't the cap get lowered for this season a lot of teams are having issues with cap space.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think they will still sign him. Big Ben and some others are reworking there contracts to do so. Wallace is nasty though. I sure as fuck hope the pats don't get him.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk