NFL Offseason Thread [2019]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Even though we didn't re-sign him after his back injury, it hurts to see Sebastian Janikowski retire.

He won us a lot of games with that monstrous leg. Long live Seabass.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I figured the Vikings would draft another TE to compliment Kyle Rudolph but rumor is he's on the trade block.

That's a little disappointing because Rudolph can still go, Irv Smith looked great at Alabama and they could do some nasty things with some two tight end formations. Team doesn't have all the cap in the world to work with and I think Rudolph is due for like $8mil. Wouldn't take a cap hit for trading or releasing him but still, I hope they don't.

If it was up to me, get bum ass Treadwell out of there. Can you imagine how lethal the underneath game will be with Theilen, Rudolph, and Smith to pair with Diggs and Cook? Wow. They can put so much pressure with crossing routes and dominate the red zone.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Dolphins have no defense whatsoever, they allowed the most yards in the league this past season and only have a couple of players to work with on offense. They're beginning their rebuild but it's a process. Look at the Jaguars, they've been trying to rebuild for almost 10 years and have one winning season to show for it.

Not to mention playing in the AFC East is a nightmare.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Dolphins have no defense whatsoever, they allowed the most yards in the league this past season and only have a couple of players to work with on offense. They're beginning their rebuild but it's a process. Look at the Jaguars, they've been trying to rebuild for almost 10 years and have one winning season to show for it.

Not to mention playing in the AFC East is a nightmare.

I truly believe the Brady/Belichick duo will be finished by 2022.. then the AFC East will open up. I think the Jets currently have the best chance to win it if the Pats don't miraculously find another Brady between now and then. I see Miami, most likely, in last place at least the next 3 to 4 seasons.. then they'll start clicking and will become a powerhouse. But for now, as you've stated, there is way too much work to be done.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I truly believe the Brady/Belichick duo will be finished by 2022.. then the AFC East will open up. I think the Jets currently have the best chance to win it if the Pats don't miraculously find another Brady between now and then. I see Miami, most likely, in last place at least the next 3 to 4 seasons.. then they'll start clicking and will become a powerhouse. But for now, as you've stated, there is way too much work to be done.
That sounds about right, yeah. Even though Brady plays a very safe style with lots of checkdowns and short 5-10 yard passes behind a very good line, he's 41 and that's still going to be a factor. I feel like when Brady goes, Belichick will also go and that's gonna be a very different team.

It'd be cool if the Dolphins could rise up, but at this point being a fan of a team usually towards the bottom of the AFC, I'd take just about anyone who could dethrone them.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It is amazing how many people are hyped for the season around here and it is only May. lol

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
It is amazing how many people are hyped for the season around here and it is only May. lol
I'm not surprised, barring some sort of interference from an unseen power that ruins things for them because it's Cleveland, Browns fans have a lot to look forward to this season.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, barring some sort of interference from an unseen power that ruins things for them because it's Cleveland, Browns fans have a lot to look forward to this season.

I'm not a Browns fan and I'm excited as hell to watch the Browns this coming year.. and I'm happy for Jarvis Landry.. he deserves this. I felt sorry that he was stuck in Miami for so long. I think it's time for him to shine.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'm not a Browns fan and I'm excited as hell to watch the Browns this coming year.. and I'm happy for Jarvis Landry.. he deserves this. I felt sorry that he was stuck in Miami for so long. I think it's time for him to shine.
Good on him for getting out of there before he had to catch passes from Fitzpatrick lol. Something tells me Rosen won't immediately start.

Browns are stacked on receivers this year. Battle for the AFC North this season is easily gonna be Browns vs Ravens.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Good on him for getting out of there before he had to catch passes from Fitzpatrick lol. Something tells me Rosen won't immediately start.

Browns are stacked on receivers this year. Battle for the AFC North this season is easily gonna be Browns vs Ravens.

I may be the only one who thinks that Lamar Jackson will not be successful in his 1st full season as starter.. I just don't see him doing as well as people think he will. Honestly I don't know why.. I just get Jamarcus Russell vibes from him.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I may be the only one who thinks that Lamar Jackson will not be successful in his 1st full season as starter.. I just don't see him doing as well as people think he will. Honestly I don't know why.. I just get Jamarcus Russell vibes from him.
I think he'll do alright. He had a good arm in college, but then again so did JaMarcus Russell. Baltimore is gonna be a run heavy team this year which will help cover up for him a bit. Hollywood is a WR that can make plays happen on his own as well so that will help too.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I get more of a Russell Wilson vibe, but expect him to wind up either as Cam Newton or Vince Young, with little in between. It's all about what he does this off-season to improve. We'll see though, the Ravens feel like a real book or bust team this year... Also can't count Pitt out yet too, they already replaced Bell and Brown lol, and that Shazier replacement was so needed...

Miami... Can you see something they've done to set themselves up for the future at all? Besides throw a dart at Rosen, know they're tanking for Tua according to Gase

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Miami... Can you see something they've done to set themselves up for the future at all? Besides throw a dart at Rosen, know they're tanking for Tua according to Gase

Not much really.. definitely need a lot more work. They are basically down and out for at least the next 3 years. Hopefully instead of trying to build with trades, as they've done so much in the past, they will try and build with the draft which is how most teams get to be high caliber. Rosen is such a gamble that I won't say anything about him just yet.. the trade was worth the shot though. The draft this year wasn't bad.. I like Wilkins and I think he'll be an insta-starter and make an impact. Gaskin might pan out at RB.. he's a tough runner and right now we really only have Drake who is more finesse. We needed to pick up more than 1 OL in the draft but we didn't.. so really have to somehow build on that or our QB, whichever it will be, will be on his back more than standing.

Wilkins will be the only instant impact from the draft this year.. I mean look at the guy..

Any guy who, as a DL, can do that.. I'm all in lol