NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Regardless of who wins between Pats/Revens what we've learned the past few years with the high flying offenses is that they can be slowed down dramatically by a defense that can pressure the QB with just the front 4. Which is why the Niners and the G-Men would have a shot in the Super Bowl.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You funny enough just gave a case as to why the Ravens can beat the Pats lol.

SAL

Reaction score
The Ravens are an ordinary team on the road this year. 4-4, with losses to Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle, and San Diego. Sure, they have a chance of creating pressure, but to win they're going to have to do better than that. They need turnovers and spectacular special teams play.

Killswitch

Reaction score
If they were playing at home (8-0) I would of included them in that post, but I have a bad feeling Brady isn't going to want to lose at home and will be ready to strike early and often. The Patriots should at least score 35 putting pressure on Flacco and Rice to put points up.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's true about the road record but at the same time they were on the road last time when they faced the Pats in the playoffs so we will see. Plus not like the Ravens can't force turnovers as they def can which reminds me that I really hope Ed Reed is fully ready to go by game time cause they need him bad to win this game to help defend Gronk.

SAL

Reaction score
The 2009 Patriots were a disaster that barely made the playoffs and lost Welker in week 17. Not saying this will be a runaway for the Pats, but don't hang your hat on that game. This offense is better than the 2007 team in terms of yardage, and it's designed to create matchup nightmares for even the best sets of LBs and safeties. The Ravens don't exactly strike fear in me, seeing as how they needed a couple of dumb turnovers by a team with a 3rd string QB to ensure a win at home last week.

Killswitch

Reaction score
With the how Ravens ended their season last year it would be too bad to fall short again this year, but we'll see should be a better game than what the Ravens/Broncos would of been.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was more so pointing to their defense than the offense since their offense now is obviously better than the offense they had in 09. I don't know the stats of the defense from 09 for the Pats but pretty sure that defense they had then is better than the one they have now and the Ravens offense this year is better than the offense they had then now having two deep threats in Smith and Lee Evans, a pro bowl level WR in Boldin. That said not saying the Ravens would win a shoot out cause they wouldn't but if the Ravens can keep moving the chains and running clock which they're fully capable of doing against the Pats D the game can really go in B-More's favor.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The Colts have released coach Jim Caldwell from his duties following a 2-14 season

Reid

Reaction score
I'm thinking that with the nfc game being the primetime game and it being the 1st and 4th biggest markets. It will be the highest rated Title Game of all time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When it comes to ratings I'm sure the NFL wishes Tebo was still in the playoffs.

Deuce

Reaction score
Ravens to win this year, I can almost guarantee it!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Could have sworn a different football team was in his favorites before he bandwagoned onto the Broncos. Was the Jets I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.