NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Don't mess with Sal, Deuce.

Deuce

Reaction score
Why not? He is starting shit with me outta nowhere.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not really just finds it silly that you're not only a bandwagoner but bandwagoning on multiple teams and it is.

Deuce

Reaction score
So I say that Ravens are going to win this year and you guys hate on me for liking more than one team? That's kinda fucked.

SAL

Reaction score
It's not out of nowhere. You root for three teams. That's goddamned indefensible. You can like lots of teams, sure. The Titans have been a team I've liked since McNair was there. But if the Titans won the Superbowl, I wouldn't do cartwheels and add them to my favorite teams on the forum. The whole point of rooting is making an emotional investment in a team and following it. It's just incredibly fucking lame to front-run and have another team as a backup in case one of them doesn't do well. You had the Jets as a favorite team and then changed it? You'll come on here spewing shit about the Jets if they make the Super Bowl next year. That's why you're the worst.

Then again, I'm responding to someone whose go-to comeback is LOL U GAY, so, there's that.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Deuce, never be a bandwagonner.

I feel like I'm treating you like I used to treat JDL with kid gloves. Don't make me regret this.

Showtime

Reaction score
I would find it incredibly hard to believe anyone is a fan of Broncos, Ravens, Jets, and the fucking Heat legit.

Anyways I am hoping the Ravens get it done this week as I would hate to see the Pats make another superowl.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm all for liking two teams if your team never makes the postseason. I am a diehard Lions fan but because we never made the playoffs I always had a team I rooted for in the playoffs.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Steelers offensive coordinator Arians retiring

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has decided to retire after days of speculation that he would do so.

Arians, 59, has been the only offensive coordinator in coach Mike Tomlin's five seasons with the Steelers.

Pittsburgh ranked in the top half of the NFL in offense over the past three seasons but finished a disappointing 12th this past season.

He had contemplated retirement at the end of the 2010 season because of health problems. During his ...

Read full story

Talk about underachieving... 21st in the NFL in scoring, with the talent the Steelers have? Come on... Never ranked higher than 14th in Red Zone production during Arians tenure? Those are the stats that matter! The Steelers COULD be every bit as efficient as GB, NO or NE! Run, run, pass... Predictable bubble screens (see 2nd Ravens game) running single back formations with no blockers against a D with 8 in the box? GOOD RIDDANCE!

BadBooking

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Giants, but they're going to have a lot of work getting through the 49er D. Eli Manning has the experience, but it's far from certain if Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde will show up this Sunday.

As for the AFC. I'm rooting for Baltimore. Brady doesn't need this Super Bowl, but 2000 feels too long for a team that beats great teams on good days.

Super Bowl Prediction: Realistically, it could be Giants/Patriots round 2.

Wolverine

Reaction score
Talk about underachieving... 21st in the NFL in scoring, with the talent the Steelers have? Come on... Never ranked higher than 14th in Red Zone production during Arians tenure? Those are the stats that matter! The Steelers COULD be every bit as efficient as GB, NO or NE! Run, run, pass... Predictable bubble screens (see 2nd Ravens game) running single back formations with no blockers against a D with 8 in the box? GOOD RIDDANCE!

Arians was terrible. So glad he's gone.

Reactions: 1 person

Killswitch

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Giants, but they're going to have a lot of work getting through the 49er D. Eli Manning has the experience, but it's far from certain if Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde will show up this Sunday.

Joe Biden Tells 49ers Fans The Giants Are Going To The Super Bowl

Vice President Joe Biden mixed up the San Francisco Giants and the 49ers in a fundraiser speech on Wednesday, reports Politico.

“The Giants [are] on their way to the Super Bowl,” said Biden, which drew some boos from the 49ers fans in the crowd. San Francisco fans were particularly irked by the gaff because the 49ers will battle the New York Giants this weekend to earn a spot in the Super Bowl.

Biden quickly apologized for the mix up and explained that the city’s baseball team’s name threw him for a loop, and he was actually speaking about them not the New York Giants.

The 49ers, 14-3, beat the New Orleans Saints last weekend in a thrilling 15 minute finish advancing them to the NFC Conference Championship this weekend.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/01/19/jo...the-super-bowl

If Eli can pull this off and win, and advance to the Super Bowl and win I think it would spark up the talk of him being better than Peyton Manning. And don't forget you could also then ask does that force P. Manning to come back for one more season to get one on his bro? Interesting things could happen if Eli some how beat Brady AGAIN in SB (that's of course predicting Brady and the Pats beat the Ravens in the AFC champ game).

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Eli winning his second Superbowl ring this year, on Peytons home turf would be something cool to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.