NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Fuck yeah! Smith totally redeemed himself after that inexcusable drop.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That was a defining drive for Flacco that hopefully shuts up some of his naysayers. Guy was cool the whole drive and was flawless.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I hear ya. In my opnion he's one of the top 5 qb's in the league. He can replace Phillp Rivers on that list because he's playing like shit.

But yeah Flacco played awesome all night really he was 28 of 47 for 314 yards plus he threw the game winning touchdown. Good stuff.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wouldn't say all that about him being a top 5 QB yet but I think he showed he is more than this game manager that some people have tried to label him as like he was Trent Dilfer or something.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well, in the AFC he's one of the better QB's and just really underratted.

And doesnt Trent Dilfer work on espn now?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah he is he'd be in the top 5 for AFC QB's. And yeah he does work for espn I think he was the one pointing out the fact how much success he's had in his first handful of years in the NFL so far when people try to make him out to be the weak link of the team which is easy to do with the defense the Ravens have and Ray Rice.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Going with Philly as I think they are gonna go on a big run and by big run I mean a 7-8 game winning streak to make up for the shitty start. Biggest factor as to why I think Philly will win is because I think Cutler is gonna lose the game for them having to deal with Philly's corners even though it'll probably be a lot of Forte and Mccoy this game.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Tough to Call because Chicago's O is one dimensional and Philly looked really good last week, I think if Forte has a big game Chicago can take it.

Flacco is good but he is not a Top 5 QB. In the AFC? Maybe.

You still have (in no order)
Roethlisberger
Manning (hurt but still there)
Rivers (Horrible year but still young and very good career)
Brady
Schaub (Not that good but pretty even with Flacco, he has had no Defense most of his career)

So I can see that argument but not NFL.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i'm going with Philly too 28-17. Did a Vbookie bet on em. Also have Mike Vick in two different fantasy leagues so i'm hoping he has a big game.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Tough to Call because Chicago's O is one dimensional and Philly looked really good last week, I think if Forte has a big game Chicago can take it.

Flacco is good but he is not a Top 5 QB. In the AFC? Maybe.

You still have (in no order)
Roethlisberger
Manning (hurt but still there)
Rivers (Horrible year but still young and very good career)
Brady
Schaub (Not that good but pretty even with Flacco, he has had no Defense most of his career)

So I can see that argument but not NFL.

Yeah wasn't thinking at all when i said top 5 in the NFL. But i agree with you he's pretty much even with Schaub.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I thought Gates looked a little heavier than usual, but this is harsh.

Antonio Gates described as “fat and slow”

a-gatestd.jpg

We now present a quote from a Chargers team source to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports regarding Antonio Gates:
“It’s harsh to say, but he looks old and fat. He’s not beating people. We don’t have any speed, we’re soft on defense, and we put so much on our quarterback. When he was playing great, we could kind of get away with it. Now he’s not playing very well, and it’s all falling apart,” the source said.

We can confirm that the quote did not come from LaDainian Tomlinson. Gates makes for an odd target for anyone still employed by the Chargers.

While there is truth that Gates is bigger and slower, it’s not like he’s struggling to produce. He had eight catches for 98 yards and a touchdown on Sunday against Green Bay. In three games since returning from his latest foot injury, Gates has 17 catches for 223 yards and two scores. That’s his usual output.
Silver points the finger at Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith for San Diego’s decline. That makes a lot more sense. The talent has eroded on this team, especially on defense.

On the list of problems in San Diego, Gates’ speed ranks somewhere between the loss of Legedu Naanee and Norv Turner’s haircut.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
No doubt various injuries have slowed him down a bit but i wouldn't say he's fat and what not. He's still a good target to have on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.