NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much the same for me as the pro bowl never really interest me since they basically baby the rules for it. Need to do some revamping.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They need to stop having it the week before the Super Bowl too. Not having players from the Super Bowl teams is fucking stupid.

Who in their right mind would play in the Pro Bowl the week before the biggest game of their life?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It was a dumb idea they came up with cause they didn't want it to end the year on the pro bowl rather than the Super Bowl. They need to do it like the NBA does it and have it in the middle year or before the playoffs start maybe. Also need to add a all star weekend as I've seen them have stuff like kick contest with kickers and such just didn't have it attached to the pro bowl stuff as far as I can remember.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It was a dumb idea they came up with cause they didn't want it to end the year on the pro bowl rather than the Super Bowl. They need to do it like the NBA does it and have it in the middle year or before the playoffs start maybe. Also need to add a all star weekend as I've seen them have stuff like kick contest with kickers and such just didn't have it attached to the pro bowl stuff as far as I can remember.

They cannot have it until after the season because of injury concerns, it will never be midseason or no one would play.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They cannot have it until after the season because of injury concerns, it will never be midseason or no one would play.
That's how it is now anyways people not wanting to play or can't play due to the super bowl.

This is a shame though that one run play they did where dude ran half assed and everyone was jogging around and hugged him instead of actually tackling. I'd feel like why the hell am I even here if I' am a defensive player if I can't really do anything.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Or like hockey and give everyone a week off before the Pro Bowl. Like a bye week for everyone.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wouldn't mind that either just a lot of things they can do rather than how they have it now. It's just a really half assed thing for such a big sport. Just sad how much of a leg up the NBA has on every other sport when it comes to the All Star stuf.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Had the pro bowl recording on my dvr gonna check it out now, all i saw was that the AFC won 59-41.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wouldn't mind that either just a lot of things they can do rather than how they have it now. It's just a really half assed thing for such a big sport. Just sad how much of a leg up the NBA has on every other sport when it comes to the All Star stuf.

NHL's All Star game is good too. Just not popular in America. Not as many brutal hits, but the players don't flat out avoid contact with eachother like in a Pro Bowl.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not a Hockey fan so not too aware of how their All Star stuff goes but sounds way better than NFL's joke of an All Star game.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah didn't think you were a hockey fan, PHX :lol:

Never seen you mention it in a post even once. Probably a good thing too because the Coyotes are division rivals of Dallas and it could cause a rift in our friendship :side:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I been to Hockey game before actually but was too damn cold to enjoy the game :lol: have played Hockey video games and liked them but when it comes to watching it just can't do it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Playoffs are a great time to watch for casuals. If you enjoy it enough to get into the video games a little, you could hang with the playoffs.

That's pretty much the way I am with basketball at least.

Showtime

Reaction score
the hockey all star is as bad as the pro bowl, no checking and no physical play. it's basically just scorers scoring and goalies don't even really try much.

Status
Not open for further replies.