NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

It's like apples and oranges really if you think about it. Take a guy like Nas, and then a guy like A T.I. or a Eminem, all equally dope (imo), they just have different fan bases.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Don't you ever compare Nas to T.I.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

lol I wasn't trying for a direct comparison, what I meant was they are two rappers with totally different styles, that for the most part have entirely different styles yet me personally, I enjoy both.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

Too lazy to re-quote but...

Eminem is that type of rapper that doesn't need a mixtape to garner a buzz because we all know he's gonna sell. Recovery didn't even have that much promo coming out, Em doesn't do much interviews just performances on late night shows and drop the following week.

Stop that bullshit bout selling out. Everybody from the OG's to the new cats are having they're songs in commercials, TV shows and movie trailers. We won't get the old Eminem back because 1) Em is in the mainstream, where sometimes you have to grow up and 2) in this society of pretty much more self-consciousness going on, everybody is getting healthy (with Lohan as an exception). Not to mention Em is looking after two girls and I don't wanna here another "Daddy's Gon' Crazy". If said rapper not selling out is so popular, where are they on the Billboard charts? Wiz Khalifa will sell out soon, yes it will happen. Whether it's hearing a song of his on Gossip Girl or 90210 or him performing with a pop star (like "Airplanes" did).

But there will be those artists that will stay true to who they are. Only problem, they won't be in the mainstream. Freddie Gibbs for one, after reading his interview with Complex, there is no way we'll see Gibbs in the mainstream or even a top record company because he's too real. He's as real as his music. Str8 Killa, No Filla is exactly that. If you want raw emotion of street life, listen to it. You WON'T be disappointed.

As for loyal fanbases, it's too early for Drake. There's already a fair share of fans that have turned they're back on the Young Angel. Lil' Wayne's fans have only really started rocking with him for about 5 years now and he's been doin' it since '99.

As for the Ice Cube track, the Dr. Dre and Em shots is what I was talking about. Rap know a days is subliminals. They're not suppose to just blurt out names, there's no fun in that.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

On another topic.....

[YT]2LmKPG63678&feature=related[/YT]

I've been listening to this song everyday since I heard it on TI's "It's The King mixtape. These 2 need to do more callabo's. Bet I, Not Lost, Top of the World, all were great tracks that had these 2 on them.

Wordlife

Reaction score

It's safe to say Nino summed everyone's bullshit remarks and comments up into one legit post that actually makes a bit of sense and has meaning :)

Montana

Reaction score

Waka Flocka is garbage rap, like Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy. Listen to real music :smh

That's more fun, party music. Not really how hip hop was intented, but it can serve it's purpose. I miss the old days of rap as much as anyone, but Gucci Mane has been killing it. I don't even think he tries, but he's on some hot tracks. Soulja Boy has been stepping his game up as he gets older too. I'm not saying this is great music or anything, just you gotta accept it for what it is.

I'm like the new Twista tracks out now.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

@Wordlife-dick rider lol.@Nino- On the Cube track, I don't think it was necessarily a diss but more just saying that he is different than said rappers. But that's just me.@J Bonez, that B.o.B track is sick, I didn't like it at first, but after two listens I really opened up to it.

Reaction score

[video=youtube;J7x-dfR87ww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7x-dfR87ww[/video]

Anyone heard this shit? Its pretty good imo. Gonna be a music video for it on Sunday

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

That's a pretty good Banks track. I've been sleeping on him a lot lately. I use to be a big fan of his.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

[yt]pcxwEvVUC08[/yt]

Shots fired or just the way life is?

"I'm am out of this world, and you are MAN ON THE MOON, so we'll meet in the sky."

"Who you know famous and rich that stayed the same, how can smurfs blame us but i am not ashamed but, i dont understand how this game made us strangers"

And More About Nothing is great work from Mr. Folarin.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

Wale is one of my favorite rappers, he has been since "The Mixtape About Nothing" dude has some serious skills, "More About Nothing" is easily the best mixtape this year imo. Of all the newer guys he is easily my favorite, Bobby Ray and Asher Roth (screw you Nino lol) are #2 and #3. That song is pretty fucking sick. Kinda makes me mad that dude gets soooo underrated (and undershipped lol)