NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I ain’t the doctor,this ain’t the patient.
This ain’t the smurf always on vacation.
This ain’t the white boy’s rehabiliation. - Diss to eminem and dr dre

I rock the Louie, but not like Kanye - Diss to Kanye

This aint the carter - Diss to lil wayne

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

How does that automatically mean diss?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

I ain’t the doctor,this ain’t the patient.
This ain’t the smurf always on vacation.
This ain’t the white boy’s rehabiliation. - Diss to eminem and dr dre

This part could be a diss. I'll have to actually listen to the song. But it does sound like he's taking a shot at them.

I don't see this as a diss. I see it as him giving props to Kanye. He's saying Kanye rocks harder than him.

Meh, this is debatable.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

Having a loyal fanbase for a decade and being white has something to do with it.

And don't give me that hip-hop isn't nothing but "cars, clothes and hoes" bullshit. Listen to what's mainstream, people are too involved with the beat and the hook to actually listen to lyrics. That or they're talking about feelings, the song isn't lyrical or it's a club song. And Lupe? What has he done besides complain about his label situation, put out long ass freestyles or put out a mixtape that's too short? I'm over Lupe to be dead honest.

I never said that hip-hop isn't about nothing but cars, clothes blah blah blah. I am just saying that in general there are lots of fans all over the internet who are complaining that there isn't any "deep" hip-hop anymore but in fact there is plenty of it, they (not talking about anyone on here, just in general) I am pretty much saying that hip-hop fans, musch like wrestling fans just love to bitch about what's bad and don't focus on what is good. Also, Miz you talk about Eminem being too "commercial" yet the last Eminem song you liked was his most commerical song on Relapse next to "We Made You" tbh man, you are what? 16? And you are trying wayyy to hard to sound like some kind of hip-hop historian. I actually know of many people that are fans of Nas, Big L etc. that bought and enjoyed Recovery.

Most rappers have loyal fanbases, not just Eminem, name any rapper I can guarantee you that they have a loyal, at times dick riding group of hardcore fans that will eat up anything they put out. You name them, Em, Wayne, Drake, Jay Z.... Whoever they all have it.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Crack a Bottle was catchy. None of his songs are catchy but that doens't bother me. What bothers me is that he lost his entire hardcore, gritty, raw flow that made so many like him in the begining. Go watch 8-Mile and tell me that that's still the eminem today. Listen to tracks like "Be Just Like Me" and tell me that Em still has that same flow. If you compare the two flows, the newer one is trash (yeah I said it) and I'm not going to pretend I enjoyed Recovery just because everyone and their momma cums in their undies for it.

Reaction score

Eminem's Recovery was pretty good to be honest. Tracks like Space Bound, Going Through Changes, 25 to life, Love the way you lie, No love, So bad, and Talking 2 my self, were awesome. It was better than Encore and Relapse. He also sold like 1 mill his first week. Which rapper is making better music than Eminem?

straight_edge76

Reaction score

Crack a Bottle was catchy. None of his songs are catchy but that doens't bother me. What bothers me is that he lost his entire hardcore, gritty, raw flow that made so many like him in the begining. Go watch 8-Mile and tell me that that's still the eminem today. Listen to tracks like "Be Just Like Me" and tell me that Em still has that same flow. If you compare the two flows, the newer one is trash (yeah I said it) and I'm not going to pretend I enjoyed Recovery just because everyone and their momma cums in their undies for it.

I am not saying that Eminem has the same flow as before, it's entirely different. Which isn't a bad thing, he has been doing it for nearly 13 years in the mainstream. You can't expect someone to sound the same throughout the entire course of their career, if he wouldn't have switched it up people would say that he needs to change his style up a bit and saying he fell off. Which is the furthest thing from the truth, back on the first few albums he was younger, more pissed off at the world. But now, he is older and alot more mature, obviously his sound and lyrics are going to reflect on that. Could you legitimately see him at nearly 40 still rapping with the same style he had on songs like "I'm Shady"? He would sound like a fucking idiot imo. Times change, and people must also.

edit- I feel there are two entirely different critics of Eminem, they are either blindly loyal nut huggers who treat every album like it's the greatest thing ever, or they criticize every song now because he isn't doing the darker, more angry shit and they want Slim Shady back when let's face it, what he was going through in his personal and professional life 2000 is nothing like what is going on now.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Most rappers have loyal fanbases, not just Eminem, name any rapper I can guarantee you that they have a loyal, at times dick riding group of hardcore fans that will eat up anything they put out. You name them, Em, Wayne, Drake, Jay Z.... Whoever they all have it.

You named the top 4 people that will have dick riders no matter what. I hate how anything with the Young Money clique makes the song great, just because it's them. Like they can't come out with a trash song. Em's my 2nd favorite rapper, but I still say he puts out crap. I hated 3 A.M. We made you had a funny video. But the song it self, hated it. Relaspe wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It wasn't his best, but wasn't his worst either. Recovery on the other hand, fuck haters, album of the year so far from what I heard.

Eminem's Recovery was pretty good to be honest. Tracks like Space Bound, Going Through Changes, 25 to life, Love the way you lie, No love, So bad, and Talking 2 my self, were awesome. It was better than Encore and Relapse. He also sold like 1 mill his first week. Which rapper is making better music than Eminem?

The main songs on Recovery I don't like are WTP and On Fire. I'm iffy on Wont Back Down and Cinderella Man.

I am not saying that Eminem has the same flow as before, it's entirely different. Which isn't a bad thing, he has been doing it for nearly 13 years in the mainstream. You can't expect someone to sound the same throughout the entire course of their career, if he wouldn't have switched it up people would say that he needs to change his style up a bit and saying he fell off. Which is the furthest thing from the truth, back on the first few albums he was younger, more pissed off at the world. But now, he is older and alot more mature, obviously his sound and lyrics are going to reflect on that. Could you legitimately see him at nearly 40 still rapping with the same style he had on songs like "I'm Shady"? He would sound like a fucking idiot imo. Times change, and people must also.

edit- I feel there are two entirely different critics of Eminem, they are either blindly loyal nut huggers who treat every album like it's the greatest thing ever, or they criticize every song now because he isn't doing the darker, more angry shit and they want Slim Shady back when let's face it, what he was going through in his personal and professional life 2000 is nothing like what is going on now.

The way I see it, it's progression in his career.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

I understand he switched up his style but that doesn't he has to be complete shit and sing through every song. At least Jay-Z can throw a hot throwback verse from time to time. All of his lyrics weren't just about him being mad as a younger man. He murdered any freestyle thrown at him. Now no more freestyles. At least shitty mainstream Wayne destroys a mixtape. Eminem -no mixtapes. IMO Eminem enters the group of "former" rappers that are the represntatives of hip-hop to those who don't really listen to hip-hop. Along with Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne and Jeezy. The difference is the last two and put out a killer mixtape with their mainstream sounding like a piece of shit and first one can me "iight" once in the blue moon.

^ Exactly, everyone switches their style up. Even Jay Z did it.

See above

straight_edge76

Reaction score

I understand he switched up his style but that doesn't he has to be complete shit and sing through every song. At least Jay-Z can throw a hot throwback verse from time to time. All of his lyrics weren't just about him being mad as a younger man. He murdered any freestyle thrown at him. Now no more freestyles. At least shitty mainstream Wayne destroys a mixtape. Eminem -no mixtapes. IMO Eminem enters the group of "former" rappers that are the represntatives of hip-hop to those who don't really listen to hip-hop. Along with Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne and Jeezy. The difference is the last two and put out a killer mixtape with their mainstream sounding like a piece of shit and first one can me "iight" once in the blue moon.

He doesn't "sing through" every song first off, but imo when he does "sing" it fits the song, songs like "Goin' Through Changes" really are made much better with the singing. Back in the day, Eminem was alot angrier in general being a young, at times immature person. Obviously his sould is going to be alot different, Eminem doesn't freestyle all the time, that's true, but when he does freestyle he does what he always does to the freestyle and fucking kills it (if you don't believe me look up his Westwood Freestyle).

Also, on the bolded that is a pretty black and white statement if you ask me, "those who really don't listen to hip-hop" to me carries the connotation that "true" hip-hop fans don't listen to the likes of Em and Jeezy anymore, which is anything furthest from the truth. I feel you are trying to sound like some kind of hip-hop purist and that "mainstream" is what is 'killing' hip-hop and that the underground is the saving grace, don't get me wrong, I loves me some underground but there is a reason that they are underground and guys like Eminem, T.I and Jeezy are mainstream.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Because they make crappy music that pleases the "other audiences"

straight_edge76

Reaction score

I can't say I disagree with you on that, but from a purely buisness standpoint I cannot see what is so bad about it tbh, people can't be hardcore all the time, any rapper that tries to be hard all the time really I can't get into.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

And that's where we are going to have to agree to disagree because my favorite artists are those that haven't completely sold out to the record company.