NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I like Eminem but he's gotten stale.

I don't see where people are coming from saying he is stale tbh. His music on his last record is nothing like his previous records. His lyrics have entire different meaning and his flow is completely different than anything he has done before imo. He has always had that gift of getting people to really feel what he is going through with his music, and with songs like "25 to Life" and "No Love" you could really feel the frustration he had towards the lack of notoriety (sp?) he gets from the hip-hop community for what he has done for hip-hop. And there are even songs like "You're Never Over" and "Goin' Through Changes'' you could see where he was coming from in terms of the death of Proof and everything he was going through that may have led to his depression and subsequent addicton problems.

If you can't see/hear the emotion he put into "Recovery" you are boarderline hating as far as I'm concerned.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

I don't mind Waka or Gucci. You know why? Because we all need that form of music that we don't have to take serious. Whose really gonna call Waka or Gucci lyrical masterminds after one of many songs about counting bricks or shooting people? Exactly. They're in that category of ignorance that Lil Jon and the Ying Yang Twins once owned.

You lying to yourself if you can't admit to nodding your head to "Get Low" or "Salt Shaker".

Nodding my head? I had those on a majority of my mix CD's in my CD player. Ain't no shame to admit that. But I can't get into Gucci or Waka. I got Gucci's Trap House album and besides 3 or 4 songs, I hated the damn thing. Haven't liked the guy since. I haven't liked Waka since I found out about the guy. It wasn't until recently that I found out he's in Gucci's camp. So it all makes since.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

Eminem doesn't have that much replay value to me. That nasily singing, witty lines and general humor isn't there anymore, now he's clean and talking about life after getting clean. You can't sell and talk about that shit in hip-hop, it gets boring. With every "Stan" there's a "The Real Slim Shady" to keep you satisfied. With every "Cleaning Out My Closet" there's a "Without Me" to make you laugh. This album lacks that.

Oh and that "Love The Way You Lie" almost seems forced but it is a good record, just won't catch me listening to it.

Mister J

Reaction score

Jump Around by House Of Pain is the best song.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Eminem doesn't have that much replay value to me. That nasily singing, witty lines and general humor isn't there anymore, now he's clean and talking about life after getting clean. You can't sell and talk about that shit in hip-hop, it gets boring. With every "Stan" there's a "The Real Slim Shady" to keep you satisfied. With every "Cleaning Out My Closet" there's a "Without Me" to make you laugh. This album lacks that.

Oh and that "Love The Way You Lie" almost seems forced but it is a good record, just won't catch me listening to it.
This sums it up for me

Wordlife

Reaction score

I still stand by my decision that Recovery is album of the year. What has been put out that can compete to this date? If anything, I'd say Pilot Talk, but Curren$y gets no respect around the hip-hop game anyways because he's not all that mainstream enough. Tech N9ne Ollie Gates Mixed Plate should be up there too, but Tech N9ne NEVER receives any recognition. Then again... he is the best rapper in the business, bar none.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Thank Me Later --*cringe*--

straight_edge76

Reaction score

People (not talking about anyone in particualr, just hip-hop fans in general) complain about there not being any deep hip-hop out there and every song being about "bitches, cars and clothes" yet when there is a dude like an Eminem, or a Lupe who puts out a great album people complain that it's too much about the serious stuff and many times they pass on it. You have no idea how many people I have talked to that passed on "Recovery" because it didn't have that sing songy radio hit to start off. Many hip-hop fans are very hypocitical. They want "serious shit" but when it is right there in front of them too many people pass it up because it isn't "appealing." People need to make up their damn minds, if you want deep shit buy/listen to it when it does in fact come out not just completely pass because it isn't "appealing"

edit- and Eminem must be doing something right if he is selling the way he is.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Eminem gets his best sales from fans who aren't that into the wide range of hiphop. It's mostly press. Show me any fan of Big L, Diplomats, Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Jay-z pre 2006, and guys like Nas and see if they bought Recovery. I bet you they didn't because a little term called "commercial". Usually the artist will sell one or two commercialized songs to increase fanbase but the whole album sounds like that. I haven't liked an Eminem song since Crack a Bottle

NinoBrown

Reaction score

and Eminem must be doing something right if he is selling the way he is.

Having a loyal fanbase for a decade and being white has something to do with it.

And don't give me that hip-hop isn't nothing but "cars, clothes and hoes" bullshit. Listen to what's mainstream, people are too involved with the beat and the hook to actually listen to lyrics. That or they're talking about feelings, the song isn't lyrical or it's a club song. And Lupe? What has he done besides complain about his label situation, put out long ass freestyles or put out a mixtape that's too short? I'm over Lupe to be dead honest.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score

Dude the kool-aid is a metaphor. The kool-ais in the jam jar is epic though.