NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
When is the mixtape coming out? We got it for cheap vol 2 >

R-E-U-P G-A-N-G!

I had to say it :rolleyes:

Rell

Reaction score
I'm always on Dat piff, but I didnt know the tape dropped already lol

Mr. Mat

Roc-A-Fella Rumors Denied, Jay-Z Preps New LP?

Contrary to reports, Def Jam has not dropped its Roc-A-Fella roster, according to a label insider. Meanwhile, another rumor has begun flooding the Internet – Jay-Z may be working on an upcoming album, “Blueprint 3.”

Rumors of the label’s demise began to circulate after Peedi Peedi, himself a Roc-A-Fella artist, stated in a recent interview that the entire imprint had been dropped – which includes Kanye West, Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Tru Life, and Young Gunz.

“Beans and Freeway didn’t get dropped,” said Mark Byers, manager for Beanie Sigel.

"I just got off the phone with L.A. Reid talking about the next video for ‘Rain’ featuring Raheem DeVaughn that we’re about to release. We’re re-launching Beanie’s project and releasing a ‘Rain’ remix with State Property.”

The rumor also comes shortly after Jay-Z announced in December he is not renewing his contract as Def Jam’s president – followed by the resignations of Jay Brown, A&R SVP, and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith, A&R VP.

In related news, the rumor mill is already hopping on another piece of gossip: is Jay-Z recording a new album?

DJ Clue, who is also signed to Roc-A-Fella, released a street mixtape yesterday titled “I Am Legend,” featuring a new track “Ain’t I” by Jay-Z.

The mixtape’s tracklist describes the song as “(World Wide Exclusive), Blueprint 3.”

And on the song, DJ Clue adlibs in his signature echo: “New Jay-Z … off that ‘Blueprint 3,’ baby.”

No word yet on whether “Ain’t I,” produced by Timbaland, will be officially released on a forthcoming project.

Jay’s latest album, “American Gangster,” hit stores in November. It has since sold over 780,000 copies.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Roc-A-Fella Rumors Denied, Jay-Z Preps New LP?

Contrary to reports, Def Jam has not dropped its Roc-A-Fella roster, according to a label insider. Meanwhile, another rumor has begun flooding the Internet – Jay-Z may be working on an upcoming album, “Blueprint 3.â€

Rumors of the label’s demise began to circulate after Peedi Peedi, himself a Roc-A-Fella artist, stated in a recent interview that the entire imprint had been dropped – which includes Kanye West, Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Tru Life, and Young Gunz.

“Beans and Freeway didn’t get dropped,†said Mark Byers, manager for Beanie Sigel.

"I just got off the phone with L.A. Reid talking about the next video for ‘Rain’ featuring Raheem DeVaughn that we’re about to release. We’re re-launching Beanie’s project and releasing a ‘Rain’ remix with State Property.â€

The rumor also comes shortly after Jay-Z announced in December he is not renewing his contract as Def Jam’s president – followed by the resignations of Jay Brown, A&R SVP, and Tyran “Ty Ty†Smith, A&R VP.

In related news, the rumor mill is already hopping on another piece of gossip: is Jay-Z recording a new album?

DJ Clue, who is also signed to Roc-A-Fella, released a street mixtape yesterday titled “I Am Legend,†featuring a new track “Ain’t I†by Jay-Z.

The mixtape’s tracklist describes the song as “(World Wide Exclusive), Blueprint 3.â€

And on the song, DJ Clue adlibs in his signature echo: “New Jay-Z … off that ‘Blueprint 3,’ baby.â€

No word yet on whether “Ain’t I,†produced by Timbaland, will be officially released on a forthcoming project.

Jay’s latest album, “American Gangster,†hit stores in November. It has since sold over 780,000 copies.

Damn, I thought Jay would have at least sold a couple million with American Gangster. Blueprint 3 could be a great album but we'll just have to wait and see. I heard a bit of "Ain't I" and it's a pretty good song but nothing special imo.

Mr. Mat

american gangster was better then the kingdom come wel imo i thought it would of sold heaps all the tracks are bangers i heard jay's new song aint i & it's a good track hope the blueprint 3 is as good as blueprint 1

Rell

Reaction score
Kanye is the only artist that didnt disappoint sells wise. 50 also sold a fair amount, but other than that, sells are still down. Labels dont even care anymore, if you dont have a good first week, its pretty much over for you. Which is why some artist who had strong first week sells, like Fabolous, got about 3 music videos for their album, while others like Freeway & Beans were one and done.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Here's why I think people aren't buying records.

1) Name value- How many casual hip-hop listeners know of Talib Kweli, Beanie Sigel or Freeway? Seriously...

2) Promotion- 50 and Kanye were promoted like crazy and they both sold a lot of records but other artists receive none of what the rap superstars receive.

3) Radio Singles- I think the reason Kanye sells is because his album has such a variety of different songs on it. It's so different. Listen to any Jay-Z or 50 album and you've heard them all.

Just my thoughts on the record sales topic...

CT Styles

^^You've got a point. To me (it may not make sense but...) I think Kanye West is more Hip Hop & 50 is more Rap. Kanye gets heaps of radio play therefore he sells more. 50 cent imo doesn't get as much plus it was a shit album by 50 imo. None of his albums have got anywhere near as good as GRODT. Plus Kanye can mostly be heard by kids aswell so he probably has more kids buying him.

Rell

Reaction score
^ You both make great points. Kanye has diversity to his material. He can hit you with feel good music, he can hit you with a party track, and he can hit you with that raw material. Most other artist may have talent, but they don't switch it up enough. You can only shoot so many people, and sell so much drugs in one album before it gets boring.

btw, its good to see Anigma back in the hip hop thread lol, when you left we died :sad:

The Anigma

Reaction score
Yeah, it looks as though this thread's been in a state of 9-1-1 since I've been gone...lol...

edgehead09

Reaction score
somebody tell me what we are discussin and ill talk bout it cause im lost and i dont like to read back to far