NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
here's some hip-hop news...

50 Cent's third album Curtis, which was previously scheduled to drop next month, is now slated for release on September 4.

Representatives from Interscope confirmed to SOHH.com today that 50's highly anticipated Curtis album will not be released on June 26, as originally planned. In order to facilitate a simultaneous worldwide release, the nearly completed album will instead be released on September 4.

"I'm an international artist. My fans worldwide deserve to receive my album at the same time as my fans here in the US. Taking that into consideration moving the album to September was a necessary course of action," 50 Cent said via statement.

Games is dissing 50/Jay-Z/Suge Knight with a track called, "My Bitch"

As far as Mos Def goes...Defiant said it all...

Defiant One

Reaction score
Thanks for the news Anigma, I just had a feeling 50's album would get pushed back. Saw it coming a mile away. As far as Game goes I like him but he constantly contradicts himself. In interviews and even on The Documentary he said he doesnt take shots at legends and that he considers Jay a legend, but then ever since then he has been dissing Jay. Great rapper but he is just losing crediblilty with me, sometimes it seems that if he has nothing better to do he just starts a beef or makes a diss record against someone to get people talking. Im starting to just not care what Game does cuz at this point its just eh.

The Anigma

Reaction score
It's obvious the real reason that 50's album was pushed back was due to the lack of radioplay for his singles...I haven't heard it on the radio once then again I don't listen to the hip hop radio stations much anyway but "Amusement Park" is a Blue remix of Candy Shop and "Straight To The Bank" for some odd reason reminds me of "Money In The Bank" by Lil' Scrappy. I think Game could be a legend if he quits taking shots at people all the time...he just needs to keep his mouth shut...lmfao @ Game when he claimed he could kick HHH's ass...I'd love to see him even try that shit lol

Defiant One

Reaction score
Straight to the bank is aight at best, but its no In da club. 50 is scared to death of his album not selling. He dissed Jada, JA, Game, Cam, Fat Joe, on not selling. He doesnt want to fall into that category himself. As far as Game goes, yeah beef is a part of rap and its all good but the stuff Game does is just dumb, he goes out a disses people who have absolutely nothing to do with him, its like hes a publicity whore or something. He dissed Jay, took it back, dissed him again, said it was meant for someone else, dissed him some more.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I think Game tries too hard to be like Pac...sure alot of rappers talk about being gangster and stuff like that but Game tries to get into beef like Pac he's always in the news like Pac and he has mood swings like Pac (you know how one second pac would talk about shooting and all that then talk about how people can better themselves all in the same interview) that's how game is in my opinion...

Defiant One

Reaction score
Good comparison dead on actually. Game should just rap and not be concerned with Jay, 50, or any other rapper and just worry about himself. If he just did that he'd realize he could be the best rapper in the game (no pun intended) without all the Bullshit of trying to be in the news, and in drama.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier about 50, if his album doesnt sell, then that would mean Buck's second album didnt sell, Banks second didnt sell, Oliver I mean Olivia (although she aint on G-unit anymore) didnt sell, Mobb's Blood Money didnt sell, and Yayo's first didnt sell. 50 has the best chance of everyone in G-unit selling well. If he dont then no one else will. So that could mean the end of G-unit.

The Anigma

Reaction score
G-Unit's been dead for a long time in my opinion

and don't forget M.O.P never even came out and I don't remember Olivia coming out either...and that project with Mase never came out yet and Lil' Scrappy's album was apart of G-Unit and BME and that didn't sell either

Record sales don't mean shit to me truthfully but either way G-Unit is dead

Record sale wise as well as creative-wise...they're done...

I was reading some more news and Peedi Crack claims that Papoose is garbage Jim Jones ain't lyrical but a talented businessman and Jibbs and Yung Joc are trash...nothing new really I actually agree with him on everything but Jim Jones being a talented businessman...

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah I dont think sales mean a whole lot, but if your a rapper and you do nothing but talk about sales (50, Game) you better make sure your selling alot of records. G-unit went downhill from the moment that stuff came into light with Game and how they outed him from the group. Since then they've been a nonfactor in my opinion.

As far as everything Peedi said I havent heard enough of Papoose so if he is garbage I dont know. Jim Jones is garbage plain and simple. Not that great of a businessman if you ask me. I dont know why he plays second fiddle to Cam. I mean they both suck so if Cam can somehow mange to be a leader of a click then Jimmy can too. You wont hear me say Jibbs and Joc are the best rappers in the game, to me they just make alot of that bullshit you hear on the radio that gets played 1000 times a day. Lyrically they are trash they might make an ocasional good song now and then but thats it.

The Anigma

Reaction score
From what I've heard from Papoose...to me...he can't make it in the rap game today maybe in the early nineties when skills actually meant something he could've been huge but he hasn't made a commercial single yet which he needs so the mainstream audience can hear him...and when I said that I agree with Papoose being garbage what I meant was that he has skills but his voice is annoying to me and as a mentioned earlier he hasn't made a commercial single that he can use to tap into the mainstream so he can be successful the same goes for Saigon he's a nice rapper but he hasn't been heard mainstream either...

Here's a question...what do you think of rapper's that people claim "sell out"?

Defiant One

Reaction score
You know fans say the same thing about bands, when they're underground its all good but once they blowup then all of a sudden theyve "sold out" Its crap in all forms of music. If it wasnt about money then why the hell would you be in the business. Bottom line your in it to make money and I say do what you gotta do to get big and make it. If a fan cant understand that then to hell with them, they would wanna make as much money as possible if they rapped too.

The Anigma

Reaction score
totally agree...and it's funny how the fans will forget you and turn on you real fast just like how everyone and I mean everyone was on Ja's dick until 50came out then everyone hated Ja...and it's just like you said if they could make the money they would hell I would too I ain't gonna lie...

Anyway, which album do you feel is better, Eminem- The Marshall Mathers LP or Jay-Z- The Blueprint? And why?

Defiant One

Reaction score
My two favorite rappers EVER, two of my first albums EVER, two of my Fav. albums EVER. Damn you Anigma lol I still listen to both albums to this day. The Marshall Mathers LP Eminem was a beast on that record. After all of the news he made with The Slim Shady LP he follows it up with a classic, I think its Diamond now. It was only his second mainstream album third overall. When Jay made The Blueprint he was already 30 and established. Eminem could have been a one trick pony after his first never to be heard from again but he wasnt. He proved the doubters wrong.

Mr. Mat

i'm gonna go with the blueprint such a classic album every track jay spit fire on & the takeover is my fav