NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

I couldn't get past the singing in the beginning of You're Never Over.

Like I asked in VIP, where does Recovery rank in Em's catalog?

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score

Marshall Mathers LP is the best album, its what made Eminem we all know today. It has the best lyrics and packed with anger. This was the pinnacle of his career and received all the spotlight from media. This album is hip hop's top 3 album. Also, this is my personal favorite album.

The Eminem Show is the second best album, it shows maturity and growth of Eminem as an artist but lacks previous humour and anger from his first 2 albums. This album shows most heart from Eminem and shows remorse for some things he had. Probably top 5 hip hop album.

Recovery can come in at 3rd imo, because it really rebounds off the atrocious Relapse, and EM feels he needs to pay us back, and make up for the album. Also, I personally HATE Eminem when he plays around, and shi, much like he did on the Slim Shady LP (which I think is the 2nd worst btw), and he was on a much more serious tip here. Also, "Love The Way You Lie" is fucking amazing, and is one of my favorite songs of all time. Yeah. Dead ass.

Anyways, lemme' get some opinions on the instrumentals I'm using on my mixtape. My people feel like I should be using more up to date beats, but I'm actually a lyricist, and not really a catch-sing-song rapper. Here the beats I used:

Dead Presidents II
Made You Look (I Have to Fire Back @ Diggy)
Go To Sleep from Cradle To The Grave OST
Diamonds From Sierra Leone
Back To The Crib
Roc Boys
Hello Brooklyn or Brooklyn Girls kind of split on this one.
She Is Gone
Fuck Today
Drop The World
Paris Tokyo, Dick Pleaser, A Millie (all freestyles)
Imma Be
Grown Simba
Light Up

Montana

Reaction score

It's hard to believe i think Relapse is em's second to worse album. I really liked that album. Encore wasn't on par with Em's stuff, but was still a decent album.

Marshall Mathers
Eminem Show
Slim Shady
Recovery
Relapse
Encore

straight_edge76

Reaction score

Recovery drop date!!!!!! I woke up and came lol.

I would rank it 3rd in his album catalog. But tbh, I really liked Relapse lol. I really love the grittier shady, I would rank them as follows:

The Marshall Mathers LP (imo one of the best rap albums of all time)
The Eminem Show
Recovery
The Slim Shady LP
Relapse
Infinite (I do count this as an album because it technically was)
Encore

Wordlife

Reaction score

Mine, imo, would go like this:

The Marshall Mathers LP
Recovery
The Eminem Show
Encore
Relapse
The Slim Shady LP
Infinite

straight_edge76

Reaction score

So for everyone that has heard Recovery what are the best tracks in your opinion? My personal favorites are Cold Wind Blows, Talkin' 2 Myself, Won't Back Down, W.T.P, Seduction and 25 to Life (perhaps the best song on the whole album). The bonus tracks are pretty awesome as well.

Wordlife

Reaction score

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LIKE ALMOST FAMOUS!!?!?!?

That track is fucking incredible?!?!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Almost is the best song on their to me. The stuff he says on that is great.

"I stuck my dick in this game like a rapist, they call me Slim Rothelsberger
I go beserker than a fed up post office worker
A murker with a mossberg, I’m pissed off, get murdered"

"Now here I come screaming “attack” like I just stepped on one!"

The album as a whole is great. It's the only thing that's been playing on my Ipod since I DL'd it.

The slow tracks on there are even good. Talking To Myself and Your Never Over are the best in that category.

straight_edge76

Reaction score

Almost Famous is pretty fucking dope. It took me a few listens to really open up to it, the 3rd verse is AMAZING!!!! But the lines that JBonez posted are some of the sickest on the track.

W.T.P. though, has me rolling on the floor every time: "Making it rain for the ladies in the mini’s But I’m not throwing ones, five’s, ten’s or even twenty’s I’m throwing quarters, nickels, dimes, pennys Up at skinny’s" LMAO.

I also find the number of Kanye and Wayne name drops interesting. Tbh, I do think that he wanted badly to go in on them, but he didn't mainly imo because it wouldn't prove anything.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

For those who don't know, Fashawn did Ode To Ilmatic, where he goes over the classic album. Now I don't know where these comparisons to NaS are coming from cause Fash is no Nas but he did bring his A game on this and this was a proper homage to God's Son. Check it out.

One of my favourites.

[yt]pSI8kNxPRsM[/yt]