NFL 2015-16 Regular Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hey @Vice ...

Haven't watched much of our blackbirds since this is such a lost season (watch Red Zone or Schaub/Mallett/Renner/Kermit the Frog, hmmm...) but do you know if any of these other players are stepping up? We've been playing great all things considered, but... Guys like Kamar Aiken, could he be a quality part of our WR crew? Is a tight end or defensive end stepping up? Does Lardarius Webb still randomly suck balls?

Also, you should be a Dolphins fan so you can be Miami Vice.

• Haha
Reactions: Vice

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hey @Vice ...

Haven't watched much of our blackbirds since this is such a lost season (watch Red Zone or Schaub/Mallett/Renner/Kermit the Frog, hmmm...) but do you know if any of these other players are stepping up? We've been playing great all things considered, but... Guys like Kamar Aiken, could he be a quality part of our WR crew? Is a tight end or defensive end stepping up? Does Lardarius Webb still randomly suck balls?

Also, you should be a Dolphins fan so you can be Miami Vice.
Okay, let me give you the breakdown:
On Offense
-Aiken has been impressive. In the last few games, he's shown potential to be a possible WR 2 in this league. Especially after strong showings against Seattle and KC. Still shaky on him, but the stats don't lie.

-When Buck Allen first came in to replace Forsett, he put up a ton of yards and impressed the fanbase in his first game out. After that game however, he's crashed back down to earth and been pretty average. A large part of our fans have already penciled him in as the future of our RB position, but I'm going to need a little more convincing.

-As for our TEs, Boyle's been suspended for the year after some PED shit, and Crockett Rocket is on IR. Maxx Williams has been what you would expect from a rookie TE. 2 or 3 receptions a game for about 30 yards or so. Not impressive, but that's to be expected. The new TEs that we picked up are basically nonexistent.

-On offensive line, Eugene Monroe's injury issues have caused a bit of controversy at LT. The absolutely HORRID play by James Hurst has earned him a benching, and Kelechi Osemele has moved over to tackle. Ryan Jensen is now at Guard, and John Urshel has taken over the Center duties for the injured Jeremy Zuttah. This is an important development because Osemele has done very well at tackle. It was expected that after Baltimore extended Yanda, they would not spend top-dollar to retain both he and Osemele. However, if Osemele can permanently kick out to LT, then it is changes the situation, because he fills a need and we can trust Urschel at guard. The problem is, he will potentially be a more expensive commodity if he resigns as a tackle instead of guard.

On Defense
-Webb has been moved to a nickel corner role and even plays some FS. The Kendrick Lewis experiment has been an absolute failure. The coaches are beginning to give Terrance Brooks snaps to see what the kid has. He's been decent. Better than Lewis by a mile.

-Ignoring Shareece Wright's first performance against San Fran, he's improved his play to the point where he's starting opposite Jimmy Smith. Now, he isn't a good corner by any means, but he's one of our only guys that aren't a liability on the outside.

-Brent Urban and Z. Smith are both getting looks on defense, and recorded sacks (Urban got one, Z got two) against KC. Good for these young guys to get reps. I haven't seen much of Carl Davis however.

-An interesting take on our defensive woes and complete lack of talent in the Secondary: "If you look at Baltimore's struggling defense, you'll notice quickly that their largest issue lies on the back end of their defense, their corners and safeties. Curiously enough, the secondary is the least injured unit on the team."

On Special Teams
-Sam Koch is the fucking GOAT

-Justin Tucker is the fucking GOAT (In honesty he's having a bit of a down year by his standards. He's really struggling on kicks longer than 50 yards)

-We picked up this kid, Kaelin Clay a few weeks back I believe. He's been the most explosive returner we've had since Jacoby, constantly giving us good field position, sure with the ball, and a good decision maker. I would be surprised if we didn't extend his contract before March.

Coaching
-Mark Trestman has been iffy. He's conservative and predictable, but every so often it works. Basically, he's better than Cam Cameron and Caldwell(2013), but can't touch Kubiak.

-Dean Pees is just bad. Our defense has never been elite under him, and I honestly don't think we ever will be with this guy at the helm.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Okay, let me give you the breakdown:
On Offense
-Aiken has been impressive. In the last few games, he's shown potential to be a possible WR 2 in this league. Especially after strong showings against Seattle and KC. Still shaky on him, but the stats don't lie.

-When Buck Allen first came in to replace Forsett, he put up a ton of yards and impressed the fanbase in his first game out. After that game however, he's crashed back down to earth and been pretty average. A large part of our fans have already penciled him in as the future of our RB position, but I'm going to need a little more convincing.

-As for our TEs, Boyle's been suspended for the year after some PED shit, and Crockett Rocket is on IR. Maxx Williams has been what you would expect from a rookie TE. 2 or 3 receptions a game for about 30 yards or so. Not impressive, but that's to be expected. The new TEs that we picked up are basically nonexistent.

-On offensive line, Eugene Monroe's injury issues have caused a bit of controversy at LT. The absolutely HORRID play by James Hurst has earned him a benching, and Kelechi Osemele has moved over to tackle. Ryan Jensen is now at Guard, and John Urshel has taken over the Center duties for the injured Jeremy Zuttah. This is an important development because Osemele has done very well at tackle. It was expected that after Baltimore extended Yanda, they would not spend top-dollar to retain both he and Osemele. However, if Osemele can permanently kick out to LT, then it is changes the situation, because he fills a need and we can trust Urschel at guard. The problem is, he will potentially be a more expensive commodity if he resigns as a tackle instead of guard.

On Defense
-Webb has been moved to a nickel corner role and even plays some FS. The Kendrick Lewis experiment has been an absolute failure. The coaches are beginning to give Terrance Brooks snaps to see what the kid has. He's been decent. Better than Lewis by a mile.

-Ignoring Shareece Wright's first performance against San Fran, he's improved his play to the point where he's starting opposite Jimmy Smith. Now, he isn't a good corner by any means, but he's one of our only guys that aren't a liability on the outside.

-Brent Urban and Z. Smith are both getting looks on defense, and recorded sacks (Urban got one, Z got two) against KC. Good for these young guys to get reps. I haven't seen much of Carl Davis however.

-An interesting take on our defensive woes and complete lack of talent in the Secondary: "If you look at Baltimore's struggling defense, you'll notice quickly that their largest issue lies on the back end of their defense, their corners and safeties. Curiously enough, the secondary is the least injured unit on the team."

On Special Teams
-Sam Koch is the fucking GOAT

-Justin Tucker is the fucking GOAT (In honesty he's having a bit of a down year by his standards. He's really struggling on kicks longer than 50 yards)

-We picked up this kid, Kaelin Clay a few weeks back I believe. He's been the most explosive returner we've had since Jacoby, constantly giving us good field position, sure with the ball, and a good decision maker. I would be surprised if we didn't extend his contract before March.

Coaching
-Mark Trestman has been iffy. He's conservative and predictable, but every so often it works. Basically, he's better than Cam Cameron and Caldwell(2013), but can't touch Kubiak.

-Dean Pees is just bad. Our defense has never been elite under him, and I honestly don't think we ever will be with this guy at the helm.

Wow. I really never did expect you to go into THAT much detail, haha. Thanks!

So in general, it's really not such a lost season after all. There truly is some progress being made. Figuring out cap issues for the future, getting talented guys reps, cool to see us trying to make the most we can out of this. Awesome. And with all our injuries and crap we've put up with, this team has shown SO much fight. Didn't lose a game by more than 8 points before the Seahawks game two weeks ago (closer than the score indicated) and the Chiefs bullshitter last week. T

Still don't know what happened to the Smith and Webb duo, but always threw the same line at you every offseason and it's biting us in the ass now. "Pffft start Chykie all you want, it doesn't matter who we put back there, we had dudes like Cary Williams and Josh Wilson starting in the secondary and they were great for many years, yeah Rashad Melvin's gonna be awesome and such" but wonder if Pees has anything to do with that. (Or just the loss of Ray/Reed/Suggs put some actual burden on them.) Ever since Pagano left it's been a struggle, lets hope we can open him back with open arms. Brandon Williams has been incredible, but it sounds like we are really missing someone with Ngata's presence inside, too (thanks for the free pick Detroit! :) ) if Jernigan and Carl Davis have been that invisible.

Read before that the first three factors in determining an underrated/overrated team is turnover margin (-13), injuries (a shitton), and margin of victory (read up there). None of these are sustainable, and it'll motivate us next year as luck turns around...

Or we can not wait until next year and knock the Steelers out of the playoffs RIGHT HERE :kratos:

Reactions: Vice

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers always plays well but his teammates are so fucking awful. I've seen the man put the team on his back so many times. Brees is another dude that is still a very good QB but he's surrounded by so much shit. It's sad to see, really. These guys deserve more props for being able to put up ANY numbers.
I don't want to hear Aaron Rodger's sob story about how he has no one, I've seen him look meh far too many times when it counts most (4th Qs and such). Compared to the aforementioned this guy has a team full of all pros and hall of famers, lel. Maybe Jordy Nelson should have been MVP, since he's the one that makes the entire team better it seems.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
C-Wood is everything good about sports. He is a champion of life. He's on the Mt. Rushmore of football players for his generation.

Brady-Manning-Moss-Woodson

normally I wouldn't give two shits about a Dec. game that will be the difference between 7-9 or 8-8... and as shitty as that game was, I'm really glad we sent Chuck out with a win. Seeing him address the crowd afterward was great. The atmosphere all night was great. Excellent night all around because Latavius Murray and Janikowski went HAM for my fantasy team

let's fucking go merry goddamn Christmas. Raiders will be RELEVANT next season

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I don't want to hear Aaron Rodger's sob story about how he has no one, I've seen him look meh far too many times when it counts most (4th Qs and such). Compared to the aforementioned this guy has a team full of all pros and hall of famers, lel. Maybe Jordy Nelson should have been MVP, since he's the one that makes the entire team better it seems.
lol stick to molesting kids buddy, this is one of the dumbest comments i've seen in a while.

Snowman1

Reaction score
One of the top NFL moments of the year was at halftime of the Packers/Lions game where they called for a "State Farm Double Check" replay of Megatron torching your defense. Clutch troll job CBS

It's a shame that I can't talk shit about the 1997 Heistman here, but fantastic career Woodson. Fifty picks, twenty sacks, only player in NFL history. Cool guy to boot!

Snowman1

Reaction score
oughta post another stupid bird meme on here before Christmas ends here on the east coast
#becomingagimmickposter #evenusingpointlesshashtags

10463910_759465857518996_4412235605698330871_n.jpg

10441329_760120524120196_7468014386696537033_n.jpg

Snowman1

Reaction score
Any chance Denver throws the game on Monday Night?

okay I seriously doubt it especially with the 1st round bye in play, but there's SUCH a benefit to getting the 5 seed this year in either division. Go ahead and have the 3, KC, have fun with Big Ben while we feast on Hoyer/Weeden lol

Snowman1

Reaction score
what are you doing during this Redskins/Eagles matchup?

just sitting here playing the TAPS theme for Dolph's's opponent in his fantasy league

Snowman1

Reaction score
Never been a 3rd down too daunting for Ryan Mallett