NFL 2013/14 Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Re: NFL Thread: 2012 Preseason

T.O. has already been released by the Seahawks. So much for using that team on Madden....

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Also... New Orleans Saints organization isn't fucking around about that tropical storm headed to town.

Seven years ago to the day, on August 26, 2005, weather blogger Charles Fenwick wrote a disturbing post about Hurricane Katrina's march toward New Orleans. That storm -- and the wreckage it generated -- changed the city and our nation forever.New Orleans is again on alert, closely watching Tropical Storm Isaac as it moved Sunday into the Gulf of Mexico.
"I know the anxiety level is high," New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu told CNN. "The storm is somewhat uncertain. Out of an abundance of caution we will begin to take these precautions as quickly as we can."

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal declared a state of emergency Sunday and the New Orleans Saints and interim coach Joe Vitt have taken note:

iwe0zyeku6q8hmz3dspu_normal.jpeg
New Orleans Saints @Saints
Vitt said he recommended to the players they evacuate their families today due to the storm. Gave the players tomorrow off

Of lesser importance, the Saints play their final preseason game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday.
If necessary, the team is prepared to leave New Orleans on Monday and stay in Cincinnati before traveling to Nashville for the game.

A reporter asked Vitt if the Saints are more prepared to deal with Isaac based on the recent past. He spoke for his team, and his city:

"No question," Vitt told the team's official site. "That's the way this team is built. That's the way this organization's built. I think that it really just shadows the resiliency of our community. This community faces these types of things it seems every year. We stand beside our community, encourage them to take shelter and everybody can be safe in this thing."

EDIT: City also just announced that the SuperDome will NOT be used to shelter refugees this time around. I guess you only get one....

Last edited:

Killswitch

Reaction score

The Ravens resort to assigning a scapegoat for the AFC Championship game, and one who performed extremely well for their organization. Just a reactionary move that may come back to bite them a few times. Maybe conservative playing calling on offense was a bigger issue in that game?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

The Ravens resort to assigning a scapegoat for the AFC Championship game, and one who performed extremely well for their organization. Just a reactionary move that may come back to bite them a few times. Maybe conservative playing calling on offense was a bigger issue in that game?

That's only part of it. Cundiff is a decent kicker but they have a strong legged rookie they have liked since the beginning of camp.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

He fucking deserved it. Make all the kicks you want in the regular season, doesn't matter. If you can't make the one kick that means EVERYTHING... fuck him. Got no need for him. And it was an easy kick. Shit... I could have made it.

Wasn't just him either, Evans got the boot too shortly after the season was over. He was really the bigger reason the Ravens lost that game anyways.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wanted to do a fucking backflip when I read it. Took em long enough.

Bite them? He wasn't that good anyways and as said they got a rookie kicker who is probably better anyways. Fact is Flacco had an awesome final drive that got ruined by Evans dropping a game winner and Cundiff's missed kick. Evans was a let down all year so him dropping a game winner to get to the super bowl was the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Yeah, Cundiff has like no power. I read a stat that said he has just 1 make in his last 10 attempts from 50+ yards.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score

Some other NFL News from today; Dolphins trade CB Vontae Davis to the Colts for a 2nd round draft pick.

Seahawks get rid of Owens, Trade Tavaris Jackson to the Bills and name Russel Wilson as their starter for week one all in a day.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Yeah, Cundiff has like no power. I read a stat that said he has just 1 make in his last 10 attempts from 50+ yards.
Pretty much that can be the difference between punting or having a kicker who can get you some points

As for Tavaris getting traded I"m just shocked the Seahawks were able to trade him off on anybody rather than release him so that trade is already a win for them no matter what they got int return. As for T.O this is looking like the end of the road for him even though I really would like Baltimore to sign him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I thought Pete Carroll said that Tavaris Jackson was "his guy" and was all super excited when the Vikings dumped him on them.

:Shock:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Statements and thinking like that is probably why he didn't make it in the NFL the first time.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Jet's still can't score a TD :lmao

MrMister

Reaction score

Aaron Hernandez will be a Patriot through 2018. I imagine Welker is on his way out when his contract expires (no clue when that is). Until then, Brady has some nice weapons locked up.