Next RAW/Smackdown GM

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vince McMahon announced on RAW that if Big Show loses his cage match with John Cena at No Way Out then Johnny Ace will be fired. If this was to happen then what do you think WWE should do with the GM situation?

Do you think that there will be a GM that covers both RAW and Smackdown or will they go back to having separate GMs for each brand?

Who do you think should be the GM? Will Teddy Long get the role, will HHH get the spot back, will it be another former GM like Stone Cold or William Regal or will it be someone completely different?

Or do you think that WWE should scrap the GM position for awhile and simply use Vince McMahon as the authority figure?

Reaction score
Your Vinny Mac idea wasn't bad considering how hot he was with the crowd on RAW.

If this where to happen, it will probably be Eve taking the role of general manager. Not sure how I feel about that. Wouldn't mind seeing David Otunga taking the role instead though.

Personally, there are only three general managers that I am more than happy to have for the company; Steve Austin, William Regal, and most of all Eric Bischoff. I hear people want Paul Heyman to take it allot

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Regal for GM or something would be awesome. But in all honesty, Paul Heyman as RAW GM would kick ass.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I would love to see JBL as the new GM. If, on the off chance that Johnny Ace will be fired at No Way Out (don't see it) I'd like to see Vince take over for a month or two while conducting interviews to find a new GM. No matter what happens I doubt they will divide he brands just yet given the lack of depth in their main event picture. A big NO for Teddy Long, hate the guy and for that matter I don't want to see any former authority figure taking over, with the possible exception of Stone Cold.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Johnny Ace does lose I wouldn't mind if they just used Vince as the authority figure for a couple of months. WWE have become over reliant on GMs in recent years and I don't think that wrestling really needs them. Why not have an authority figure that shows up on RAW and Smackdown when a big decision needs to be made.

If they were going down the GM route I would want a GM for each brand. William Regal for RAW and Mick Foley for Smackdown would be my preferred choices.

Killz

Reaction score
I love the GM concept when it's used correctly. Teddy Long, before he was relieved of his position, was absolutely the most redundant GM in history. Getting invovled in HALF of the feuds and being seen to make maybe 1 match a week just perpetuates the idea that they have no real power. It always seems to me they're there just to be a character whereas I much prefer the GM to be seen making decisions on a consistent basis.

To this end, I'd rather see Vince, or even Hunter, used as an occassional on-air decision maker when it concerns the main event or concerns whatever storyline you can concoct (about safety or the image of the company or whatever).

If a GM is to be used, you need one for each show and you need them both to have good personalities and be seen to be involved. Sheriff/GM Austin worked, heel Bischoff worked, Regal's 'taking over' before his suspension worked. Big Jonny/Hunter, Teddy Long, Macbook GM not so much.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Either just put Teddy back into power and he can just do what he has been doing forever or scrap the GM concept altogether, the heel authority figure is stale, it's been the same shit since 95 when Bischoff did it. Maybe it's time to just say, "hey you guys are rasslers, heres who you rassle" You know, like it's your job or something.

Vince is the boss and everyone knows it, why don't they just use him as a Jack Tunney like role and have him only show up for important shit. \

That or keep the stat quo and have Vickie become GM again.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
GM concept has ran it's course. They're always talking about the "Board of Directors" having so much power. Make them the authority, would be like the anonymous Raw GM, except we know who they are, we just don't see them. Just have them be the ones to make the matches in storyline. Superstar vs Boss storylines haven't been good since Austin/McMahon since they set the bar incredibly high and everyone expects it to be as good.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I honestly have no idea what i'd like to happen. Sometimes I'm thinking that i'd like someone totally new so it's a fresh approach, then other times I think it would be great to see Foley and Regal back in power.

Fuck it, just give it back to Teddy Long. Sure he wasn't amazing and probably run his course, but at least he doesn't hog the limelight and isn't a serial line flubber like Lauranitis is.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
In order of preference. I assume that teddy gets smackdown back and someone else gets raw

Shane 8D I know
Steph pretty close to the same
Vince
Foley
Heyman
Regal
SCSA 8D I know
Mike Adamle I'm serious he'd be a great heel GM
Some newbie
Anon GM (assuming we know who it is this time)

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
If Johnny gets fired, Teddy could easily run both shows, or creative could easily put him back on Smackdown. That would obviously leave Raw needing a GM, and I would assume Triple H would get it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You give both shows to teddy and the tag division is set 8D

Aniking

Reaction score
If they're going to continue with the GM deal, which they will, I want a GM on both brands. I don't want one GM that handles both. I want one GM for each brand and to begin to distinguish the brands once again.

I can't really think of any decent options. You'd think Teddy Long would be given a job, but I'd actually prefer that to be on Raw and not Smackdown. Smackdown would have the exact same feel if Long was given the job there, whereas it's a little refreshing to see him in charge of Raw. As for Smackdown, why not give it to William Regal? I wouldn't mind seeing him with the job.

The only other options I'd like to see would be Mick Foley or Triple H.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler