New York. New Rules. Scream VI Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
That's fairly hypocritical when you haven't actually done anything of note. I've driven a lot of discussion and yes, I have been working my way through the game. Did you not see my current town core?
lol

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Ok. Went back to Page 3 and did a complete re-read. I think I grabbed every comment that I wanted to follow up on or considered questionable.

my original vote was random. but yeah - im doubling down. Grim putting to much effort, has to be scum
OK. Juice "doubles down" on voting Grim for playing too hard.

It makes me think that Gip straight up just didn't read the rules, if he's asking about people with theme knowledge.
This I agree with. I don't know that I've ever played with scum Gip, but I do tend to think that scum Gip would be hyper vigilant about not stepping in anything early. Gip wouldn't be able to stand being the mafia member who screwed up....not that I know what that's like or anything.

You pointing it out is setting up to vote for me whenever you feel you need to over something null, which isn't town behaviour
I'm not totally sure I get what makes it not town behavior.

altho yeah wang probably scum
What made you think this? I'm legit sorry if I missed it in my read back.

after twelve pages - i have only one person in mind that I think is mafia. And its not Grim.
This is odd after being sure that Grim was scum (Juice had "doubled down" on scum Grim), accusing Grim of trying to be town leader, saying that town leader didn't have to be town....and now, only one person in mind that is scum....and it's not Grim.

It mostly based on what I have seen in the past games, and the fact that day one is already filled with an element of waffle and need a flip to light the catalyst - but Wang is on the table for me.
This is after we got Juice to share who her mystery suspect was. "Day one is filled with an element of waffle." "It's Grim! He's too active. Nah, it's someone else, but I can't say who." "It's Wang." That's waffle-tastic.

A quiet Wang - is a Wang I am wary of tbh.
Wang had been quiet before this outside of that brief (what I consider odd) discussion with McHenry about movies in prison.

I be less weary of Wang atm then I am of people trying to push his lynch
Was your reasoning for this statement that if Wang is town, he's more beneficial down the road? I think I lost something that I thought I multi-quoted, and I'm begging you not to make me go back through all this.

Man on the other hand I can usually nail if he's mafia and I got a red flag here and there om his post
Do you legit have a history of "nailing" man if he's mafia? If so, that's fucking awesome, and I'd love to know what had you red-flagging at this point.

VOTE: WANG

my position isn't going to change, and i'd rather be wrong on Day 1. Then coming back in EoG, having ignoring my previous gut feeling
Juice officially moves vote to Wang.

If people prefer - i wont make observations of the game lol.
Kinda does the sarcastic/snarky victim mentality here.

people dont seem to like observations within the WS/WC mafia universe - especially on day one i've noticed.
This is a bullshit comment at best. Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish here.

only really on this site though. the culture is flawed here - but it is what it is.
This was regarding Juice being voted on D1. I feel like this is an attempt to set up a defense of "if you vote me, you're part of the problem culture."

And now I'm reminded why Juice keeps getting voted D1...
Very weird defeatist post here
Exactly.

Overall Juice feels different from usual. D1 badtown Juice feels more aggressive to me
Earlier in the game, when we were discussing a Juice vote, you had said that Juice always plays "off" on D1. Do you think it's within the realm of possibility that Juice is taking a different approach here?

Well it's a mute point now but typically the times I remember Lethal as scum he doesn't really get active until Day 3 or 4. I noticed it once when I was town and then he got me killed.
I'd feel better if you had some sort of concrete evidence of this. I thought it was flimsy earlier but honestly didn't have the time to really push it. This seems like one of those vague meta read attempts that people (see: Tommy) have used in the past when being scum and trying to push someone for being inactive.

not sure why this day is turning into ' Juice isn't allowed to scum read Wang' lol
Not what anyone said, but when combined with other posts, it was fair to ask questions.

Definitely sus of the Wang talk. It wouldn't be the first time mafia tried to push someone who wasn't around to defend themselves as a lynch.
This is really only noteworthy to me if A) Wang gets lynched B) flips mafia. If A happens and Wang flips townie, I feel like this comment goes a long way in clearing Sully. Mafia wouldn't try to delay a mislynch of a townie.

Did Sky specifically mention the color in the PM cause that does come off as a look here type thing seems like a bad play regardless.
This was easily findable by going back and looking at Sky's posts.

:reigns3 Come on, Juice. Either stick to your guns or just admit you didn't have a case in the first place.

This is the same stuff every game.
This reads as a genuine townie post.

Usually on D1 we get weirdly aggressive Juice I feel. But on this D1 we have weirdly self-defensive Juice, cagey about things that shouldn't really be caged (like reasons for voting/not voting something in a phase where info is impossible).
So yes, you're in agreement with me that Juice isn't playing typical Juice-style.

Who do you consider to be the better player of the two of you?
Did we ever find out why this question was asked? I looked and didn't see anything, and it just seemed like a fluff/filler post that could've potentially created an argument...

I like Tommy, feels like he's improved since last game.

Feels like Sully's trying to set votes up for the future which is slimy behaviour.
Thanks for noticing. I really learned a lot with how bad I fucked up last go round. Sometimes less is more, which is something I'm trying to do this time.

Did Sully do something else to set up a future vote that I missed? At this point, I just saw him not liking something you said. I don't think either of you appear particularly scummy based on that.

okay - i held off my reason to unvote because i want to see what reaction i would get.

when Wang said Frozen wolf - it sounded really familiar and something I recognized but couldn't place.

Did a historic search and Wang only used the term once before on the forum, during Xmas Mafia 2022 {and he was town then}.

These small things, might just be me looking too deep into things. But enough of a reason for me to unvote
This was all just.....Yea.

Wang is someone ive noticed when he is mafia - to be very good at lurking and minimal posting, without ever actually posting anything of game value. He is a great survivor. Just something about his first few posts, gave me feeling of the grey man
So you have a meta read that makes you think Wang is mafia, but his use of a phrase that appears in two pages of word searches changed your mind? This is more of the waffling that you didn't like before.

okay didn't take long. didn't like man's big post much, like him pushing against jango and to a lesser extent omb even less.
With you on the Man/OMB conversation, but I don't think either of them came out of that one looking particularly good. Both wound up looking overly defensive IMO. Is there something about Juice that you find inherently non-scummy to not like that? If so, I'm assuming you hate most of my posts too.

Nah just get me out. I’m fed up with this. This is exactly what happened in the last game and I’m not prepared to waste any more of my time beating the same drum over and over again.

Apparently being cautious and wanting to think and talk things through is a bad thing here. Sorry I don’t throw a vote down first and think later and I’m more interested in trying to discuss hypotheticals when we have no actual tangible information to go off because it is day fucking one.

Don’t quote my posts or tag me.
Good Lord, I hate everything single thing about this post. Every single thing.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
i dont think you've shown any interest in game solving at all, and are sort of just floating from topic to another. don't trust ya
I have no idea how you don't think Grim has shown any interest in solving. I'm genuinely confused as to how you reached that conclusion.

VOTE: GRIM
So, you've gone Grim/Wang/Grim in a single day cycle? I hate everything about that, too.

Current Leans/Reads:

Town:
Me
Gip
Grim
Sky
Sully

Null:
Lethal
OMB
Blaine
SS

Scum:
Juice
McHenry
Wang
Mando

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I have no idea how you don't think Grim has shown any interest in solving. I'm genuinely confused as to how you reached that conclusion.

So, you've gone Grim/Wang/Grim in a single day cycle? I hate everything about that, too.

Current Leans/Reads:

Town:
Me
Gip
Grim
Sky
Sully

Null:
Lethal
OMB
Blaine
SS

Scum:
Juice
McHenry
Wang
Mando
Some queries about your list.

If Man flips scum, does that make you more or less sure that Juice is scum?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
In fact a vice versa answer would be appreciated too.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
@Sully if you could get in here, some discourse would be greatly appreciated.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Some queries about your list.

If Man flips scum, does that make you more or less sure that Juice is scum?
I guess it depends on how genuine the whole man pushing her thing was. Seems entirely plausible that it was distancing.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
In fact a vice versa answer would be appreciated too.
Sorry. Didn’t see this while I was responding. If Juice flipped Scum first, I’d probably be less likely to think it was distancing, mainly because of the “why would anyone vote man” statement. That seems like it could be a move to throw shade on a townie in the event of a Lynch.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'm currently leaning towards the "If man flips scum, Juice more likely to be town" area atm. Don't think Juice would casually attach herself to Man like that despite the two not really interacting much all day IIRC.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Nah just get me out. I’m fed up with this. This is exactly what happened in the last game and I’m not prepared to waste any more of my time beating the same drum over and over again.

Apparently being cautious and wanting to think and talk things through is a bad thing here. Sorry I don’t throw a vote down first and think later and I’m more interested in trying to discuss hypotheticals when we have no actual tangible information to go off because it is day fucking one.

Don’t quote my posts or tag me.
Really not getting the feeling that this is genuine frustration from a townie - this to me is more likely to be scum giving up because they've been put on the back foot very early

Mando was sussed last game and it felt different because it was mid-game rather than early game - he had a bit more confidence then

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm currently leaning towards the "If man flips scum, Juice more likely to be town" area atm. Don't think Juice would casually attach herself to Man like that despite the two not really interacting much all day IIRC.
I don’t think they have interacted much. SS mentioned not liking Man’s focus on Juice and then his conversation with OMB. I did my reread, but didn’t see anything super glaring.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
He got lynched the day before me, right? I threw a vote on him to save my own ass during my worst game ever.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I don’t think they have interacted much. SS mentioned not liking Man’s focus on Juice and then his conversation with OMB. I did my reread, but didn’t see anything super glaring.
Did Juice even react much at all to Man pushing her?

Status
Not open for further replies.