New York Jets - A New Legacy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
99rb1fns83h7e3hs5mysni651.png

STAFF
President: August Kross
General Manager: Joe Douglas
Head Coach: Robert Saleh
Offensive Co-Ordinator: Zach Parker
Offensive Assistant Coach: Larry Fitzgerald
Defensive Co-Ordinator: Patrick Bailey

HISTORY
Robert Saleh Head Coach Era
Season One - 2021

8-9 (Regular Season)
Loss - 32-31 vs. Houston Texans (Wildcard Round)
Season Two - 2022
1-0 (Regular Season)

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Year Zero | Off-Season Update #1

WFOuzeO.jpg

August Kross is revealed as the new president of the New York Jets and upon her new position within the New York based franchise, Kross is quick to make her position known that she had hired to be the spear point with the intention of transforming the Jets into one of the very best football teams in the league. Kross would make it clear that in order for this goal to have any chance of being achieved, Adam Gase's replacement had to be able to share her vision for the franchise - with the unveiling of new Head Coach Robert Saleh.

Saleh_Jets.0.jpeg

Robert would express the fact that he was very much looking forward to taking on the role of the Head Coach of the Jets, in what would be the first time taking on the role of Head Coach in both College Football and the professional game. Saleh would reveal that his hiring had been done so with the agreement that he was part of a long-term project and that he had been personally promised a minimum of five years in the role - with the only ground of dismissal being if the Jets were to have a season of three win or less. Saleh would go on to reveal three main objective that he had been presented by Kross prior to him accepting the role:

- have a positive percentage season
- qualify for the NFL playoffs [for the first time since 2010]
- win the AFC East [for the first time since 2002]

Saleh would finish the press conference by stating that the draft and the free agency going into the 2021 season would be vital for the development of the Jets moving forward.

Reactions: RDT

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
oh I like this

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Year Zero | Off-Season Update #2

New York Jets 2021 NFL Draft Picks

e0a62a95e97f47fbba20e822c2753174.jpg

Round 1: No. 2 – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

8bf6d9b374c94764a156e465956272ab-e1619796882507.jpg

Round 1: No. 13 (from MIN) – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC

USATSI_15082071.jpg

Round 2: No. 34 – Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

1278314530.jpg

Round 4: No. 107 – Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina

a680badfdc1d4aac912bced2a6b3b3d7-e1619891989147.jpg

Round 5: No. 146 – Jamien Sherwood, S, Auburn

8ed4f27a0a6c4a73b145789771ef970d-e1619893571117.jpg

Round 5: No. 154 – Michael Carter II, S, Duke

42fe052fbd5f4f43a0aa4a592719efa2-e1619897304371.jpg

Round 5: No. 175 (from KC) – Jason Pinnock, CB, Pittsburgh

USATSI_10514375-e1619898809957.jpg

Round 6: No. 186 – Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State

USATSI_15387848.jpg

Round 6: No. 200 – Brandin Echols, CB, Kentucky

USATSI_11530113-e1619902106196.jpg

Round 6: No. 207 (from PIT through MIA and KC) – Jonathan Marshall, DT, Arkansas

+ + + + +

zach-wilson-050121-getty-ftrjpg_y51lttslqtl41v0ojxj27cmiv.jpg

Zach Wilson would admit he was relishing the opportunity of becoming the first choice QB for the New York Jets in his rookie season and that he hoped he could excel under new HC Robert Saleh. Wilson would make the point that he had thrown 30+ touchdowns during college with the BYU Cougars and hoped he could become a core member of the Jets squad and that he could and become a main stay. Wilson would go on that the Jets hadn't had a QB be the first choice since Ken O'Brien in the 80s and that if this project was the same thing that he had been promised during the draft - then he had aspirations of playing for the Jets for the entirety of his career.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Year Zero | Off-Season Update #3
Free Agency Signings

sv34k3ykgzn0ixnzlwei

Todd Gurley is revealed as having signed with the Jets, with the intention of being their first choice Halfback for the new season. Gurley would make his intentions known that after a disappointing single season with the Falcons, he was hopeful that he could turn his career around in New York as a member of Saleh's Jets.

i

After having played for the Seattle Seahawks for a decade, K.J. Wright leaves the free agency and will start for the Jets in the coming season.

skysports-stephen-gostkowski_4634537.jpg

After fifteen years as a member of the New England Patriots, Stephen Gostkowski is the final signing from the free agency for the Jets. Robert Saleh would make it clear that he had studied table of kicking in the sport of rugby and felt that having a pinpoint punter would be vital the Jets in putting themselves into the best position possible and forcing opposition to work through as many downs as possible. Gostkowski would make it clear that any loyalties he had held with the city of Boston were in the past, and he hoped to see out his career in New York.

WFOuzeO.jpg

August Kross would make a statement that she had always felt that the Free Agency pool was often an untapped resource, with far too much focus being given towards the draft when nine times out of ten picks outside of the first two round very rarely led to be being star of the game and that she had personally sat down with Saleh in sharing her thoughts on the importance of betting on proven resource rather than gambling on the draft and that in future seasons the Jets would not shy away from trading picks away if it meant being able to secure players that might land on the free agency pool instead and that she had discussed this matter with the Johnson Brothers and General Manager Joe Douglas.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Year Zero | Update #4

9N1LA2B_f9YzGzjD_ufYW244ClyVDK28Xozho_rPOt9E6CpL-d_W7OiO24W13PWnEuNs3-xBQie-9q633DjrfuPtS9OTUZ-BebL25l0-BUuC2bBTH-SGqYXpOXMgkbpkfYrLTGAHxAuaucKDLZy1LBGyFTmiBamfLU_Bnw2yrRdEIgnnWiOD9am96rUNMw

PlB2lFjS-iCnsKYkDBwjJ-9gfmGxrYdWvEAToGWKta9ajBaI-hhxYk_gh5JMlC2Pbc6q2e_2LjYqvmugYT_YHdFdy7jBdXAwyUKKqPTxzKUhL5M5fPJYre-9unoMhDjlMvblzsbMHby8Ty0cdqL7g-uNU5CND8gJrwbzrxqoCWYhcA6bqhKmNhZoq9R8SQ

Preseason Game One

- The New York neighbors who both share the MetLife Stadium would face each other in the first preseason game in East Rutherford - with both teams giving chances to their second and third string players a chance to impress with only three games making up the preseason.

- The game would be a very defensive encounter, with both teams only scoring one touchdown each with Tevin Coleman scoring a two-yard rushing touchdown for the Jets. Stephen Gostkowski would very much be the difference maker and kick four field goals for the Jets, with the longest distance being a 61-yard FG.

TEAM
1ST
2ND
3RD
4TH
FINAL
JETS
GIANTS

nuXxyNNNN2FbyYwYXncOopQaZQySnjN2EPNmqW5VAEckCf4w81oe0tUk13s45wey3ZyiCXjjD0yv5qWGq6czI8121rAzxb-d5qJTxkkYim8gdwOmeB0mHCOrFr0D1bvUk1QKh9O55IciuTmZ2gw2x5XpGhsCton2NjjRX_m4fytJRW6cRFrRpHD80w8F_A

Preseason Game Two

- The Jets would showcase something they had clearly been working on in training, by scoring not one but two rushing touchdowns with both their first string and second string QBS (Wilson & Morgan) with the Jets very much demonstrating their strength in protecting their QB in the pocket.

-The Jets would not lose the ball via fumble or turnovers during the game and show great ball security which would surely give the offense great confidence approaching the regular season.

- Gotkowski would kick a field goal on the last play of the game, with the kick bouncing off the uprights to take the lead at the buzzer.

TEAM
1ST
2ND
3RD
4TH
FINAL
JETS
PACKERS

4UxNznflppBA1taFdB7szy0LNcCUQVIFNcngJLmYNaMm0ptNl50kpwFZTfMcX5EsF42JvVHHalD4gFaSYbus2VFSR7qVIOVR49DGHcbJjJNaF-Wfp5sNPgwCtUeJj9ZM8xt_ZpMBsf7pU3aQlMeH9poFxJIBwil85qh5RgD8Z8SI6BTXVET4FWx_4cGJJg

Preseason Game Three

- The final game of preseason would be a tough defensive game between both teams, with neither team able to score in the first three quarters.

- The floodgates would open in the final quarter with Philly scoring two touch downs and the Jets just one with the Eagles just edging New York to take the victory.

TEAM
1ST
2ND
3RD
4TH
FINAL
EAGLES
JETS

fzdhyhp9teedtsky08at

Coach Saleh would comment that preseason had shown that the Jets had potential for a good season, but that until Zach Wilson was playing full games, week in and week out then nothing that had taken place over the last few weeks really meant anything. Saleh would reflect that every game mattered going forward, and he anyone that dropped their standards and didn't give 100% effort would quickly find themselves playing second fiddle to someone on the bench.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Jet's 2021 SEASON PREDICTION

Taking the idea from 'Browns For Sale by Grim' - I will also be running a prediction contest each season for this project.
Prediction will guess the correct winners of each game as well as:

a) Final Prediction Record:
b) Will Jets make the playoffs: Yes/No
c) Will the Jets win the Division: Yes/No

WEEKVISITING TEAMHOME TEAM
1New York JetsCarolina Panthers
2New England PatriotsNew York Jets
3New York JetsDenver Broncos
4Tennesse TitansNew York Jets
5New York JetsAtlanta Falcons
6BYE WEEK
7New York JetsNew England Patriots
8Cincinatti BengalsNew York Jets
9New York jetsIndianapolis Colts
10Buffalo BillsNew York Jets
11Miami DolphinsNew York Jets
12New York JetsHouston Texans
13Philadelphia EaglesNew York Jets
14New Orleans SaintsNew York Jets
15New York JetsMiami Dolphins
16Jacksonville JaguarsNew York Jets
17Tampa Bay BuccaneersNew York Jets
18New York Jets Buffalo Bills

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
a) Final Prediction Record: 10-7
b) Will Jets make the playoffs: Yes
c) Will the Jets win the Division: No

[/CENTER]
6BYE WEEK
9New York JetsIndianapolis Colts
18New York Jets Buffalo Bills

• Love
Reactions: CakeWalker

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Year Zero | Update #5

UdbJKDd.jpg

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Year One | Game Week One Preview

itT-Mt5akWaJ7_KI5mw7eZ6A4EyOHYQu1CB7b6dpXyR0MhHSUqViV0oqKfl2CdVmbOBdq6fIT0GChRQRO81ki9rIEfQ8MYkLGpKZO3l30Hat6EoSpdUsZqIBvmDaYlbAgpSpqwrJpeD84zbKeEjYxuFNwdAMNW9MkHQvOJlnBDzYNBc6ssybQ2rsY_nImw

- The first game of the season between the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers is very much a battle between the old and the new. As New York’s former Quarterback Sam Darnold makes his Panthers regular season debut against his former team and comes head-to-head with the man that replaced him Zach Wilson.

- Darnold spent three seasons with the Jets, with his best season being the 2019 season which the Jets finished 7-9 overall (3rd AFC East) with Darnold throwing 3,024 yards for nineteen touchdowns at a completion rate of 61.9% as well two rushing touchdowns.

- Comparatively Wilson spent the last three seasons playing for the BYU Cougars, with 2020 being their best season which saw the Cougars finish 11-1 overall with Wilson throwing 3,692 yards for thirty-three touchdowns at a completion rate of 73.5% as well as ten rushing touchdowns.

- Robert Saleh would make the point that the game against the Panthers, would be vital in setting the tone for the rest of the season, but also answer the franchise’s question in regard to how Wilson would fit into the scheme. Saleh would continue by stating that at this point in time he didn’t know if the Jets would focus more on throwing or running the ball, but that Wilson had been drafted because he was capable of playing both strategies if required.

- Sam Darnold would express the point that he had come to Carolina to win games and prove a point that Jets had been foolish in letting him go in favor of an unproven rookie and that winning this game against his former team was a big deal for him and he wasn’t going to approach the contest half assed.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Year One | Game Week One: Player Focus
01gf9w0pafab7fkc962y.jpg

Alijah Vera-Tucker

Vera-Tucker was one of the two first round pick that the Jets made in the first round of the draft and the Offensive Linesman is expected to take on the role of Left Guard in his rookie season. Tucker who played his college football for the USC Trojans is expected to be a starter week in and week out for the Jets if he keeps healthy and avoids injury. Vera-Tucker had some words to share prior to the upcoming game against the Panthers.
"New York are a great organization and I can think of no better way of thanking this franchise than by protecting QB1 week in and week out. If we as an O-Line are able to offer as much protection as possible to Wilson, then I am pretty confident this football team has a bright future ahead of it and hopefully I am standing in front of Zach for many seasons to come. I am aware that Coach Saleh has plans for this team, but personally I couldn't think of anything better in my rookie season than reaching the playoffs. Of course, I am realistic in my expectations so if it takes us two or three seasons to advance to the playoffs then I will be happy with that too - just as long as this team can become a legitimate threat within this league." - Alijah Vera-Tucker

Jamison-Crowder.jpg

Jamison Crowder spoke ahead of the first game of the season, in what would be seventh season in the National Football League and his third with the Jets.
"It is no secret that my time at Washington was somewhat of a disappointment, and I really need this season with the Jets to be my best. Unless I am scoring receiving touchdowns as often as possible and reaching into the double digits then I am falling below a standard I expect from myself. If I am unable to break past this point and really see my form improve then I could really see myself in trouble and vulnerable to being replaced by someone else and being forced out of this team. 2021 is make or break for me, and so I have to put a lot of my pressure on myself going into the game this Sunday." - Jamison Crowder

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
a) Final Prediction Record:- 9 - 8
b) Will Jets make the playoffs: No
c) Will the Jets win the Division: No

6BYE WEEK
9New York jetsIndianapolis Colts
18New York JetsBuffalo Bills

• Love
Reactions: CakeWalker

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Year One | Game Week One
40WEbyUufBwZl3LCHaB4quF-8tf61Ct1imxJK9H6aV_smZOV7VIXkfTv0ltTuiNgdnQulLsRlS-TO_Np_fe00Vzb3h9TLTjGB8Rqb5a04gtQsV3dNSkeokvAOD9cVQkBkY5jr9Bp6GBHA-KumUxYX0vopbDv-9sLKczIEhVplF_8PZwUxBSL9S6b4DMZ0g

- The game between both teams would be a tense affair with both outfits on the air of caution knowing this would be the first chance for both teams to put a step forward into the new season. The Panthers would take an early lead in the first quarter by kicking a clean field goal to claim a 0-3 lead.

- The next few phases of the second quarter would see the Panthers kick a second FG, with the Jets converting two of their own to take the score to 6-6.

- Zach Wilson would throw his first passing touchdown of the season in what would be a slick 11-yard pass to Corey Davis. It wouldn’t be long after that, that Panthers would score a TD of their own that would level that score with the half ending at 13-11 in what was proving to be a real tight and even contest between both teams.

- Second season Halfback La’Mical Perine would put his name down on the score sheet to take a lead with a rushing touchdown, only for the Panthers to once again respond with a TD of their own to take the score to 20 apiece at the end of the third quarter.

- The Panthers would then score a third touchdown to take the lead and really put pressure on the Jets with the score at 20-27.

- During an aggressive phase of rushing plays in order to gain yards down the field, Tevin Coleman would end up leaving the field with it being diagnosed that he had fractured his arm and would be out of action for at least the next four weeks. Wilson would level the scores by throwing his second touchdown of the day to Corey Davis with the two men displaying a great partnership between QB & WR, although Wilson would have to temporarily leave the field via a contract injury with it be suspected he was suffering from bruised ribs.

- With minutes left on the game, Wilson would complete a hat trick of passing touchdowns this time sending a bullet to Jamison Crowder to re-take the lead of the game and end up controlling the contest until the final whistle with the Jets claiming the win in the first game of the season.

TEAM
1ST
2ND
3RD
4TH
FINAL
JETS
PANTHERS

KEY STATS

PASSING
Zach Wilson 14/20 | 176 yd | 3 TDS [70% Completion] vs. Sam Darnold 31/47 | 418 yd | 3 TDS

RUSHING
Todd Gurley I 20 ATT | 77 YD | 3.8 Average vs. McCaffrey 24 ATT | 103 Yd | 4.2 Average
Zach Wilson | 9 ATT | 81 Yd | 9.0 Average
T. Coleman | 5 ATT | 31 Yd | 6.2 Average
L. Perine | 5 ATT | 17 yd | 3.4 average - 1 TD

RECEIVING
J. Crowder | 6 Rec | 88 yd | 14.6 Average | 1TD
C Davis | 2 rec - 19 yd | 9.5 average | 2TD

DEFENSIVE
Morgan Moses - 1 Sack

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Year One | Game Week One Review
New+York+Jets+Helmet.jpg

- Following a fantastic start to the season, the Jets Offense and Defense would be recognized for their effort with by winning both the Offensive & Defensive Player of the Week in the AFC - with Zach Wilson and Carl Lawson winning the accolades and showing the true potential of Robert Saleh's team this season.

t4uN7g3.jpg
2C99nr7.jpg

- Head Coach Saleh would reflect on the game and one of most memorable quotes from his press conference would be as said below:

"These group of players really impressed me today and starting the season with a win for this team was beyond my wildest dreams. It wasn't that I don't have confidence in these men, but I did think it would take us a few weeks before we got to this point. I think people now know that we are a team that are looking to rush the ball whenever we can, and even Zach has shown an ability to run with the ball." - Robert Saleh

Reactions: Canadian Dragon