New TNA World Heavyweight Champion Crowned

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro

You mean to tell me that a short, bearded man went through 2 matches in 1 night to become World Champion? Where have I seen that?

Fluttershy

Reaction score
Website
mobile.twitter.com
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
aliciafox2
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
gailkim2
Favorite Wrestler
kharma
Kinda suck for Magnus a guy who deserved to be TNA champion.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not gonna' lie, I'm a fan of this. I've always liked EY, and I don't think he should be champion, but I mean fuck who cares by this point. I'm glad he got it before the company went under.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

You mean to tell me that a short, bearded man went through 2 matches in 1 night to become World Champion? Where have I seen that?

Oh man, he had two matches, must be TNA's Daniel Bryan, good logic. Dude's a workhorse and deserves this tenfold. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
before this i can't remember the last time EY won a match

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh man, he had two matches, must be TNA's Daniel Bryan, good logic. Dude's a workhorse and deserves this tenfold. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.
Where was the build up? Where is the credibility of this guy? He was a knockouts tag champ not too long ago. I'm fine with pushing the guy, but this coming out of nowhere is what's idiotic. He had a few matches with Abyss, that doesn't make you look like a world beater. This is like Santino Marella winning the WWE championship last monday.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Where was the build up? Where is the credibility of this guy? He was a knockouts tag champ not too long ago. I'm fine with pushing the guy, but this coming out of nowhere is what's idiotic. He had a few matches with Abyss, that doesn't make you look like a world beater. This is like Santino Marella winning the WWE championship last monday.
It doesn't bother me really. Dude's been with the company forever, he has always done what was asked of him no questions asked.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I agree that it was rushed but I even said two weeks ago that I liked the way they added him into the title match. Definitely not good booking and something WWE would be destroyed (on online messages boards of course) for if they did it, but it was entertaining and made Impact more watchable this week. He probably won't keep the belt too long.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
EY to drop it on a house show like when the Wolves won the title, calling it now

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Obvious knock-off of the WWE, but still Eric Young has been a loyal part of TNA and most definitely deserves the honor.

He'll probably drop it back to Magnus at Sacrifice.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I always liked EY, thought he was vastly underrated since he was in Team Canada, but he's been a goofy character for almost 10 years. I just hate the lack of buildup and think this title reign was done just because that Impact was not a taped show. How am I supposed to take Magnus serious? He got beat by a guy who used to dress in superhero costumes and was a KO tag champ. The guy who beat Joe can't beat Eric Young? Joe must be even more feeble as a result. The lack of buildup or even momentum shift for EY just makes everything look a joke.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
EY hasn't even been regular for awhile since he started that fishin' show. He came back to this ridiculous Abyss storyline which ended the awesome Joesph Park. I might care if TNA acted like this was his massive plan to get into Abyss' head to help him move up the card. I honestly think he should be rewarded for his loyalty to the company but a simple pay raise behind the scenes would have made much more sense.

Oh wait that is right TNA has never made a dime so instead of a raise he gets their aluminum title belt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah because this will make me want to watch TNA again...