New 'I Am Legend' Movie in the Works

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Deadline reports that Arash Amel was given the task of writing the screenplay for a new I Am Legend movie for Warner Bros.

The new movie was previously rumored to be a prequel since, you know, Will Smith's character apparently died at the end of the 2007 movie, but Deadline says WB is no longer using that term to describe the movie.

Regardless of which direction the movie will go, WB would probably like to have Will Smith back to reprise his role since it makes their job of marketing the movie that much easier.

At this point, neither Will Smith nor Francis Lawrence, the director of the 2007 movie, are attached to the movie.

Arash Amel wrote the script for the forthcoming thriller The Expatriate starring Aaron Eckhart as an ex-CIA agent who his former employer wants dead.

Based on Richard Matheson's novel of the same name, the 2007 movie, I Am Legend, stars Will Smith as a man who is immune to a virus that transform humans into flesh-eating creatures. He tries to find a cure for this pandemic before time runs out for him.

The movie was generally well received by critics, garnering a 69% on Rotten Tomatoes, and made $585 million worldwide on a budget of $150 million.

Matheson's novel was previously adapted in 1964 as The Last Man on Earth and again in 1971 as The Omega Man.

Will Smith can be seen next in Sony's Men in Black 3 on May 25, 2012

I loved the first I am Legend film, but without Will its a no go for me and should be a no go for the studio.

The Viper

Reaction score
No Will Smith? No dice, homeslice.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I have read so many different things about a movie getting made that is either a sequel or a prequel. Personally, I don't care to see either. To me this was a stand alone movie and should remain that way. We had enough flashbacks to show what happened. Nothing should get made either way, Will Smith or no Will Smith.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I may be in the minority but I thought I Am Legend was pretty crap. I liked it a lot better when it was The Omega Man.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I wouldn't say it was crap, but it wasn't as great as everyone made it out to be. I felt Smith's performance was excellent since he was basically talking to himself or a dog for quite a bit of the movie. Of course I do like Will Smith too. Kind of like Denzel for me.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I fail to see the point to be honest (apart from the whole making money thing). I haven't seen the first (somehow) but if it's as described here, then a prequel is unnecessary, and a sequel doesn't sound like it'd be much of a leap from the first.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Consider me interested. I hope Will Smith does become attatched to it, because he did an awesome job. The scene where his dog dies in the first one is on the saddest scenes I've seen from a movie this past five years! Still brings a tear to my eye today...

Eddie North

Reaction score
IMO, the first one wasn't that good, and the book, I am Legend, is much better then the movie.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
IMO, the first one wasn't that good, and the book, I am Legend, is much better then the movie.

The Ridley Scott movie "Legend" was better too.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Technically, damn near every book is better than a movie cause you get to use your imagination and they can only fit so much of a book into a movie without cutting out tons.

Twilight and the sequels are the exception. Both the movies and the books are equally 10/10.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Twilight and the sequels are the exception. Both the movies and the books are equally 10/10.

I give the movies an 11/10 because of Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson.

Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Well I thought that was a given, I just didn't want to make the thread all about Taylor's abs and Pattinson's stunning smile.

Dammit, I did it anyway. :(

Reactions: 1 person