New clause in WWE contracts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Think about it, though, should something they did a decade ago really matter now? Even if they did something yesterday, that doesn't mean they will do it while employed. the whole scandal part of things has always been so stupid. Oh, look, this person has become a success, lets discuss photos they took before they were employed because we have no lives!

I can understand if they sign a contract that prevents them from doing these things while employed with the company, but, other than that, it's just stupid to me, and people are stupid for feeling they need to bring up something someone did before they were employed. Just honestly sounds like jealousy to me when someone does that. They see someone has made something of themselves so others have to do what they can to pull them down, and, if society has to go so low as to dig in to the personal life of someone, wow, just wow.

Unfortunately, that's what society does. And a person's past, while no guarantee of future behavior, does point to a tendency to perform similar acts in the future.

And if an employee gets a black eye from something they've done in the past, the company that person currently works for gets a black eye as well. I get that's not how you do things. For that matter, it's not how I do things. But, it is how the business community does things.

wk

Reactions: Irwin R. Schyster

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
Absolutely true, and it's a sad thing.

In high school, my friend and I shoplifted. A lot. I would never even dream of doing that now, and it shouldn't be held against me whatsoever. The person I was then is not the person I am now. I didn't care back then, didn't matter to me who was effected by a couple of kids stealing shit. My parents never raised me to be that way, but, it's easy to fall in with a crowd at school and go with the flow.

Everyone makes mistakes, and a lot of people learn from those mistakes and become wiser.

It's disappointing that the kind of reality the intelligent people want will never happen. The people who want to make a big deal out of something like nudes from 30 years ago must care so much because they want to mask their own mistakes, so, what better way to do it than to point the finger at someone else. Pathetic, really. I don't see how I should care if someone else decides they want to smoke weed or take nudie shots or be a stripper. I honestly just don't care.

Reactions: JC4Life37

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Think about it, though, should something they did a decade ago really matter now? Even if they did something yesterday, that doesn't mean they will do it while employed. the whole scandal part of things has always been so stupid. Oh, look, this person has become a success, lets discuss photos they took before they were employed because we have no lives!

I can understand if they sign a contract that prevents them from doing these things while employed with the company, but, other than that, it's just stupid to me, and people are stupid for feeling they need to bring up something someone did before they were employed. Just honestly sounds like jealousy to me when someone does that. They see someone has made something of themselves so others have to do what they can to pull them down, and, if society has to go so low as to dig in to the personal life of someone, wow, just wow.

Great post! Although I'm in agreement with you, sadly the entertainment industry that the WWE is in and the media scrutiny that comes with it can create bad press and affect the profits and image of the company. It's not right that pass mistakes can come back to haunt them, but sadly in a world where people can get their hands on photos that were intended to stay private or information that would rather stay hidden, some of that ends up coming out. With their life under the spotlight, I can see why the WWE would be more cautious.