NCAA Football Season 2014-2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Update: Georgia RB who was suspended yesterday, Todd Gurley, is alleged to be apart of some significant memorabilia selling.. he may not be able to play the rest of the season while the investigation keeps going on.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Update: Georgia RB who was suspended yesterday, Todd Gurley, is alleged to be apart of some significant memorabilia selling.. he may not be able to play the rest of the season while the investigation keeps going on.

He now gets to go on to be a top-10 pick without the risk of injury! :yay: Congrats!

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He now gets to go on to be a top-10 pick without the risk of injury! :yay: Congrats!
Hopefully teams don't look into this too much, Gurley is still very talented and will remain talented through the season and can show his skills during the combine.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Hopefully teams don't look into this too much, Gurley is still very talented and will remain talented through the season and can show his skills during the combine.

Can't imagine them caring, the dude's proven nothing except that he's an incredible football player at Georgia and there will be plenty of players with less talent getting drafted with many worse things on their resumes. Most teams at the Combine don't care about weed (unless you're stupid enough to smoke pot before the drug test... hint hint, AP) so why should they care about this lol

Actually, is there a precedent for this? Only one I can think of is the Ohio State tattoo nonsense, but didn't everyone involved in that fall because of on-the-field concerns?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Can't imagine them caring, the dude's proven nothing except that he's an incredible football player at Georgia and there will be plenty of players with less talent getting drafted with many worse things on their resumes. Most teams at the Combine don't care about weed (unless you're stupid enough to smoke pot before the drug test... hint hint, AP)...

Actually, is there a precedent for this? Only one I can think of is the Ohio State tattoo nonsense, but didn't everyone involved in that fall because of on-the-field concerns?

Johnny Manziel had a bunch of off-field issues last year including selling autographs and he still was a first round pick so I imagine Gurley will be just fine.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Johnny Manziel had a bunch of off-field issues last year including selling autographs and he still was a first round pick so I imagine Gurley will be just fine.

Manziel came across as an immature punk in general. plus the "bunch" - to use your words - of problems surely hurt his draft stock a lot more than any individual thing he did. Then there was the questions about how he'll translate into the pro game... yeah, Gurley will be just fine.

Looking through the SEC schedule as usual, there's only one game with 2 unranked teams playing each other (outside of money games) and that's LSU @ Florida, lmao

All eyes should be on Auburn at Mississippi State, two top 3 teams, one we know is legit but it's time for MSU to put up or shut up......again...... All of a sudden MSU's Dak Prescott is the Heisman frontrunner and rightfully so. He's amazing. So is Nick Marshall as Malzahn keeps doing what he's doing. Georgia at Missouri should be fascinating and fun to watch, especially after what we just talked about. Georgia has seemed pretty mediocre outside of Gurley this year... Alabama at Arkansas looks on paper like a "This should be closer than people expect" game, but not after Bama was just upset. They're pissed and the Razorbacks have to be scared. Time to see who Ole Miss and A&M really are as they play each other.

Also interesting will be if Charleston Southern can make it 2 in a row against the SEC as they play against Vandy lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Looks like Jameis Winston isn't 100% clear out of the water just yet.. he will have a disciplinary hearing.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Some highlights of today:

Wow Mississippi State with another big win..

This TCU/Baylor game is NUTS! 58-58 with 2 minutes left in regulation.

Florida State is getting sketchy with these wins, they aren't impressing me that much this year.. Letting a team like Syracuse put 20 on you in your home is no bueno.

Georgia without recently suspended Heisman candidate Todd Gurley shut out Mizzou, 34-0.

#3 Ole Miss going against #14 Texas A&M starts here in about an hour and a half.. will Kenny Trill be able to comeback swinging hard after their loss last week?

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
I've become a huge Pitt Panthers fan. James Connor and the run game is beast so far this year.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
My boys at Rutgers got a huge test this weekend as they come to my "hometown" (current) and take on the Fuckeyes.. I mean the Buckeyes :p

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
F'n Rutgers.. letting the Fuckeyes walk all over them man.. We got a highly athletic receiver that has HORRIBLE hands.. our #1 RB is out and now our O-Line is even more depleted.. this game is bad news for the Scarlet Knights.. 84 yds on 14 plays on that last drive and accidentally over throws a short fade right into the buckeyes hands.

Snowman1

Reaction score
It truly is nice to see my beloved city in the news again! :yay: Now if I disappear for 3 months again, you know who threw that snowball at LK.

Kiffin, you may be gone, but your memory lives on in Knoxville. It's just being held up in court.