NCAA Football Season 2014-2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
By the way, Sharpy, I'm a little more optimistic now :D

Lets see how we do in 2 weeks vs Oklahoma. Good luck to all your teams, wonder how many of them really need it?

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Some good games on today, weird how most of them are on this afternoon and later tonight.. that's not really cool, they didn't really plan this week out too well. Fortunately for me all 3 of my teams play at different times, I just gotta hope the Buckeyes/VT game wraps up before 10 or even just a few minutes after 10 so I can watch the late night UNLV game.. Rutgers is on at noon so that will settle me for a few hours at least until Michigan State vs Oregon pops on later around 6:30 eastern that game is going to be a good one hopefully.

Snowman1

Reaction score
What an ass week in the SEC. Not a single game worth watching lol.. maybe Ole Miss/Vandy?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Wow, McNeese State almost shocked #19 Nebraska; 31-24 was the final score, the staff was looking a little nervous for Nebraska, I expect a LONG week of practice for them.

USC/Stanford is on right now but I'm taking a break for a few, gonna watch some of the new trailer park boys season.

Rutgers moves to 2-0 and covered the spread that I took so that's an extra $20 in my pocket.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Boring day of college football. I watched Stanford/USC and Oregon... fell asleep during each. So glad the real games start up today wooo

Reactions: Snowman1

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Now, the possibility of Penn State even having enough wins to really be considered for the playoffs are low, but, technically, aren't they allowed in even with the bowl bans? Since the playoffs aren't bowls?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Now, the possibility of Penn State even having enough wins to really be considered for the playoffs are low, but, technically, aren't they allowed in even with the bowl bans? Since the playoffs aren't bowls?

Wishful thinking but nah, their punishment carries over.. They aren't allowed to be ranked whatsoever.

McNeese St. (WHO???) almost game Nebraska a scare.. this was a very nice catch and run by Ameer Abdullah to save the game for the Cornhuskers.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Penn State got their post season ban lifted today and as of next year will have their full amount of allowed scholarships renewed, the reason given is that the NCAA saw the massive improvement in the athletic department's progress towards the right type of integrity for the school.. the restoration was set to auto lift the restrictions at the end of the 2015 season but instead they will not be punished for this season as far as bowl restriction goes but cannot give additional scholarships until next season.

@Bill Clinton this comes a day after we were just discussing it haha.

Reactions: TheTNHMaster

Snowman1

Reaction score
Approve so much of this decision. The only people who were punished were the new administration and the students and nobody actually involved with the crime.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Maryland will be wearing jerseys in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner this weekend.
7a408725e57d01f984f616a2471b2c3e.jpg

86f20e4abb734dcd085f707ad1c97f2b._.jpg

81dc41380c467b0bb3c29b5adc6ee09f._.jpg

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
LOL @ all the local papers putting the Badgers on a pedestal. Gordon is going to be great, but our coaching is a fail and his backup apparently isn't worth the time.

Oh we beat a team we should have beaten by more! Welcome back Madison!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Two upsets have occured in the Top 25 so far today..

East Carolina University upset #17 Virginia Tech a week after VT beat Ohio St. in Ohio.. interesting..
and then...
Virginia won by 2 pts over #21 Louisville.

Buckeyes routed Kent State ; 66-0 was the Final score.. Urban Meyer had those boys ready to rock after losing the home opener the week before.

My Rutgers takes on Penn St. tonight at 8pm ET.. should be a great game, first Big 10 matchup of the season. If Rutgers can come away with a win here I'd be surprised and very delighted.. No doubt Paul James is the best player on the field for that game, he will be running the ball very well again tonight for the 3rd game in a row.. If Nova's QB efficiency can stay consistent this game is going to be awesome!

Snowman1

Reaction score
So far in the SEC a lot of things are going as predicted. Ole MIss being "the sleeper team in the West" still sounds like a good bet, but Auburn/Alabama/LSU still are who they are. +A&M has improved from last year. Miss State looks like they could contend in many divisions aruound the country (including the East) while an Arkansas team that just blasted Texas Tech is easily the worst team in that side. Scary.

The East... Both Georgia and South Carolina proved they were legit yesterday, but Georgia still has to be the favorite. Better player, better defense, should have been the best Georgia team in a while but it's a shame their season's over now. Shockingly this Kentucky team looks explosive and the best Kentucky squad in many, many years. Tennessee is a few years away, Florida is still complete garbage, Missouri hasn't done much to sway me either way after their fluke 2013, and if anyone can find a Power Five team worse than Vandy let me know.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Wishful thinking but nah, their punishment carries over.. They aren't allowed to be ranked whatsoever.

McNeese St. (WHO???) almost game Nebraska a scare.. this was a very nice catch and run by Ameer Abdullah to save the game for the Cornhuskers.

I used to play COD4 with a guy on XBL who went to McNeese State. He was the shit.