NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killswitch

Reaction score
I admit that UK is a better team than KU, but I think that the Jayhawks are going to pull it out if for no other reason than they simply refuse to lay down and die.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Kansas will give them a fight but one of their keys so far is others team's inability to dominate inside. Kentucky won't be intimidated of Withey and Robinson. Should be a good one.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Mannnnn I called it... UK vs. KU in the finals and UK walking out champs.

My Wildcats are the CHAMPIONS!

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Time to breath some life into this old ass thread!!! Indiana laying a flat BEAT DOWN on the TarHeels tonight, so nice to see the Hoosiers back in the picture as a National Championship contender.....

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
UK needs to step it up. Wildcats need to get back to the top again. But chances are they won't win it this season... but if they happen to stay together or keep most of the team together then they'll be good next season.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
my dad's side of my family is entirely from Kentucky so there's always that little soft spot for them with me, but I just loathe John Calipari, everything thing he says and does rubs me the wrong way... and I'm not one of the guys who says that he is what is wrong with college basketball, I actually think he is quite smart in realizing that most of these kids just want to get that one year of college out of the way before they go pro, so he says hey why don't all of you one year guys come here, contend for a title and then leave... Shame on Kentucky for allowing him to do it.... One reason I love my Irish, they graduate players in all sports.. half these kids that play for Calipari won't make it in the NBA and will wind up on the street with no education... The NBA desperately needs to change its rules on when a player can enter the draft.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'll tell you what, they worry be a little inside defensively but other than that Michigan has looked really good so far. Duke-Ohio State tonight should be a good one as well.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Yeah i hear ya on Michigan, they can light it up but their inside game might be there downfall... Unreal how much hardaway Jr has improved throughout his career

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
AHHHH Slim, I don't know that any amount of rubbing in does tonight justice...... The Irish with a double digit win over UK and Manti Te'o just plastered all over the screen all game long... It's a dream come true!!!!

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm a big time St.John's fan even though I don't have season tickets anymore because of work schedule and I hate getting season tickets if I'm not going to go to at least four games. Hope they can bounce back from last year, they had to rebuild because their 2011 team was full of seniors. Still miss that 2011 team, 5 wins over top 25 teams including Duke and Pitt which were in top 5 most of that season. Great times sitting in the 6th row in student section at the Garden.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
As a Xavier fan, I am very impressed with the team so far. A 6-1 record for a team that lost all 5 starters from last year is beyond impressive. Still don't expect a great season and we could miss the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2005 but I've been impressed. Star Freshman Semaj Christon is for real too.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Mannnn... UK has fallen apart... they better get their game back together. This is NOT UK basketball. This is crap :p

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Is anybody else watching this Notre Dame/Louisville game???? heading to fifth overtime, Notre Dame was down big late in the 4th and Jerian Grant rattled off 12 points in 47 seconds to send it to overtime..... This is the best college basketball game I've seen in years!!!!!

Reaction score
If it hits 7 overtimes like UConn and Syracuse did 4 years ago then that may surpass it! It's still very impressive nonetheless!