NBA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You seen how many times the Cavs went with LeBron... One good play doesn't cut it anymore. He needs at least two other all-stars to compete with what the Heat dishes out The only way I can see them wining is if Wade or LBJ gets injured.
He had two superstars next to him last year and they still couldn't compete with Miami.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't have anything to prove it other than the eye test, BUT everytime I see a bigger guy guard durant he struggles.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The only defender I see give KD trouble off the top of my head is LB. LB is the only guy big enough and quick enough to stay with him. Most 3s are too slow, most 2s are too small.. no 4 can stay with him. Who else is there? Wade & LB are the two players who are even somewhat equipped to slow him down.

MWP for example, a larger more physical 3, gets shit on by KD whenever they play the Lakers.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
He had two superstars next to him last year and they still couldn't compete with Miami.

Well... Maybe I should have said the "right" 2 all-stars. lol You can't just throw anyone together and expect good chemistry. Look at the Lakers.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Well... Maybe I should have said the "right" 2 all-stars. lol You can't just throw anyone together and expect good chemistry. Look at the Lakers.
Idk I thought OKC had excellent chemistry with the 3 young superstars. I think they could have won a title with those 3 a couple of years down the line with continued progression from Ibaka and the right role players after Wade/Bosh/ began to slow down as they enter their 30s.

Now though not so much without Harden. Should have paid that guy.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
True that, although they were sick in NBA 2k13 lol. I blame a lot of their struggles on coaching though. D'Antoni is a scrub coach.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Idk I thought OKC had excellent chemistry with the 3 young superstars. I think they could have won a title with those 3 a couple of years down the line with continued progression from Ibaka and the right role players after Wade/Bosh/ began to slow down as they enter their 30s.

Now though not so much without Harden. Should have paid that guy.

I think a lot of teams are banking on winning in another 2 to 3 years when the Heat loses their flame. I noticed a lot of teams are building for the future, not right now, which to me is a smart thing to do.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The only defender I see give KD trouble off the top of my head is LB. LB is the only guy big enough and quick enough to stay with him. Most 3s are too slow, most 2s are too small.. no 4 can stay with him. Who else is there? Wade & LB are the two players who are even somewhat equipped to slow him down.

MWP for example, a larger more physical 3, gets shit on by KD whenever they play the Lakers.
I'd say teams like the bulls(deng, Boozer), Celtics (garnett/pierce) Heat(lbj) Knicks (Melo when he tries, and martin) Are all teams that would give him trouble, and then we'd see westbrook out shoot durant. I'm not taking anything away from him, but i've seen him become a straight jump shooter throughout his career against tougher defenses due to his body type.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
True that, although they were sick in NBA 2k13 lol. I blame a lot of their struggles on coaching though. D'Antoni is a scrub coach.

Yeah they are fun to play with in that game. :true:

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Harden definitely had chemistry with KD and Westbrook. So no.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'd say teams like the bulls(deng, Boozer), Celtics (garnett/pierce) Heat(lbj) Knicks (Melo when he tries, and martin) Are all teams that would give him trouble, and then we'd see westbrook out shoot durant. I'm not taking anything away from him, but i've seen him become a straight jump shooter throughout his career against tougher defenses due to his body type.

Maybe early on but he is a bonafide rim attacker at this point.

Against Boston this year he shot 11 free throws

Against Miami this year he shot 11 & 15 free throws.

Against the Knicks he shot 15 free throws. He's averaged double digit FTs the last two seasons against Chicago as well.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Also, Getting to the line the way 6'10 durant does is despicable. Wade was on that hoe shit too shooting 97 freethrows in 7 games.

Maybe it's durants length but I have a real hard time seeing him getting fouled more than Melo and LBJ. Those guys are whacked every time they jump.

This is one case that stats lie.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Also, Getting to the line the way 6'10 durant does is despicable. Wade was on that hoe shit too shooting 97 freethrows in 7 games.

Maybe it's durants length but I have a real hard time seeing him getting fouled more than Melo and LBJ. Those guys are whacked every time they jump.

This is one case that stats lie.
lol OK then