NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killswitch

Reaction score
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Somebody please tell ESPN that 90% of the people who don't live in NY/NJ/Denver could really care less because no matter where he goes his team isn't winning a championship anytime soon. Melo and Amare in NY? That is just an Eastern Conference version of Suns. Lots of points, fun to watch, and no defense so they will never win a title. Carmelo is not Dwayne Wade or Lebron. Please give us all a break already...

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

It's arguably the biggest story in sports right now, they have to cover it and cover it extensively.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Jesus. I try to stay away from the NBA ALL Star Result for 3+ hours and just as I turn on the replay on NBATV the score rolls across the bottom.

It sucks but in a way its hilarious.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

The Nets need to hurry the fuck up and buy Murphy out.

SAL

Reaction score

How are you not a fan of Melo's game? Offensively, it's nearly identical to LeBron's, except he takes more jumpers.

This is like me saying "I look like LeBron, except I'm 5'7" and white." Melo loves the long two-pointer more than any other player in the league.

SAL

Reaction score

I don't see how his game resembles LeBron's at all. He doesn't create shots for anyone else, and he doesn't drive to the basket nearly as much.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

OFFICIAL - CARMELO ANTHONY IS A NY KNICK

Carmelo Anthony has been traded to the Knicks.
New York will give up Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry's expiring contract, their own first round pick in 2014, Golden State's second round picks in 2012 and 2013, and $3 million in cash.
The deal saves the Denver franchise a considerable amount of money in contracts and the luxury tax.
Randolph and Curry will go to Minnesota.
Going to the Knicks with Anthony will be Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman, along with Corey Brewer from Minnesota.

I like Brewer being added to the deal for New York so he can be their 6th man. Turiaf can start along with Melo, Fields, Amare, and Billups. Douglas and Williams can come off the bench along with Brewer (Y)

That deal opens the door for this one, which needs to happen since Denver should be Lawson's team to run

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Dallas, Denver and New Jersey have discussed three-way that would land Harris with Mavs and Felton and Mozgov with Nets, source says.

Lakers lose their biggest threat out west as well :horn:

SAL

Reaction score

Um, what? Who's the Lakers' biggest threat?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

When the Nuggets were right they were out west. San Antonio is a case of been there and consistently out played and out coached that, when it matters. Plus lets be real Dallas always chokes in the playoffs. Denver when they had their trio of bigs, Melo, and their 4 guards always gave LA more fits and exploited them

SAL

Reaction score

LOL @ SA getting consistently outplayed. LA's gotten the upper hand the last few years, but you not fearing SA at all because of it is just hysterical.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Call me when Kobe doesn't outplay Duncan in another 7 game series (check the series numbers dating back to 02 where he outplayed Tim, Shaq, and Admiral). He has done it to prime Duncan, let alone this version of Duncan. It took an open Robert Horry miss in game 5 of 03 to even allow the Spurs to get their only series win versus the Kobe/Phil Lakers.

The whole point of Artest was for Melo by Phil's own admission. Mitch has even said they were good with Kobe on Wade, Lebron, and even Pierce but he couldn't hold Melo. Phil also called them the biggest threat to LA before the season even with the Melo stuff hanging over there head because they are just a tough matchup for LA.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

[YOUTUBE]EhPXdbjGLTc[/YOUTUBE]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Sacramento traded Carl Landry to New Orleans for Marcus Thornton & David Andersen.