NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

I remember when Vince won the ROY over Pierce. Travesty. Speaking of Pierce,

How? Vince was better. Just because Pierce is better now, doesn't mean he deserved it then. Prime example: Okafor winning ROY over DWIGHT.

SAL

Reaction score

Yeah, but, he's a bitch.

SAL

Reaction score

Yeah, but, he's more of a bitch.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

I dunno, I'd rather be friends with Vince than Pierce.

Baller

Reaction score

Sorry Sal, but Pierce is the biggest bitch in the NBA. And it isn't close.

SAL

Reaction score

Maybe he is. Maybe I'm forgetting something. Was it Vince or Pierce who tanked with his original team when things were going badly so they'd trade him, even though there was no way to get any value for him? And is it Vince or Pierce who shies away from contact and leaves games at the first hint of pain?

Before this turns into a PSYCH-level post, I'll stop. I know what you're all talking about with Pierce, and I wish he wasn't so dramatic every time he got hit, but he plays through injuries and he never gave up on his teams.

Baller

Reaction score

Maybe he is. Maybe I'm forgetting something. Was it Vince or Pierce who tanked with his original team when things were going badly so they'd trade him, even though there was no way to get any value for him? And is it Vince or Pierce who shies away from contact and leaves games at the first hint of pain?

Before this turns into a PSYCH-level post, I'll stop. I know what you're all talking about with Pierce, and I wish he wasn't so dramatic every time he got hit, but he plays through injuries and he never gave up on his teams.

Couldn't find the pic with him in wheelchair but this will do

Boston-Celtics-Paul-Pierce-6080583.jpg

SAL

Reaction score

And he came back 5 minutes later, exactly my point in the second paragraph about being dramatic but staying on the court.

Baller

Reaction score

And he came back 5 minutes later, exactly my point in the second paragraph about being dramatic but staying on the court.

Which makes him a bitch.

SAL

Reaction score

I no, rite? Almost as big as Vince Carter!

302_hamster_running_wheel_hg_clr.gif

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Ding, ding at the end of the 1st round the score is:

Sal - 0
Baller - 1

Time for Round 2

Wade crying like a bitch and needing a wheel chair for a separated shoulder also was a pussy move and anyone who has ever separated their shoulder knows that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Didn't you cite Kobe asking for a trade as giving up?

Wouldn't that mean Pierce also gave up since he asked for a trade during the middle of the 06-07 season and reiterated that demand before that draft by saying "deal the pick or deal me and go with the youth movement around Big Al", basically?

SAL

Reaction score

You just answered your own question. Kobe cared about Kobe and that was it. Pierce saw the writing on the wall with the team as it was constructed and knew that if they were committing to a youth movement, he wouldn't be around for its success and they should move him to accommodate both sides. Kobe cried like a petulant child, spawning some wonderful youtube videos:

[youtube]QepbzXRbZQE[/youtube]

Brilliantly "advising" Mitch Kupchak to trade Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd. Then he wanted to go to Chicago, but oh wait, he changed his mind, because the Lakers would dare ask for something in return. And lastly, whatever you heard about Pierce demanding a trade you didn't hear from Pierce, because he didn't act like a fucking asshole and go as public and as hostile as he possibly could about it.