NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

No you didn't. Nice try.
I still can't get over how dumb it is to refuse to have an MRI done because the "results might be made public."
Yes, I did on PSD because the Griz had too much size for Duncan alone to handle.

He won't risk them not clearing him medically because he owes it to Phil to play since Phil said he came back this year for Kobe not LA/Jeanie/fans/Lakers/Buss, and he also doesn't want "cheap guys" as Ireland putting it knowing the extent he is hurt after the way Boston hit his hand (Posey) and undercut him on jumpers (Ray and Tony, which got Tony kicked in the neck) the past 2 finals.

SAL

Reaction score

LOL, cheap guys

[youtube]Ljc9EPujKcc[/youtube]

SAL

Reaction score

Yes, I did on PSD because the Griz had too much size for Duncan alone to handle.

LINK OR IT NEVER HAPPENED dude. come on.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

SAL

Reaction score

Hey, two Hornets "inadvertently" hit in the face in the first three minutes of the game. Cheap guys!

I'm seriously having thoughts like, "You know, maybe the Hornets could hit every 3 they take for the next two or three games." I think I'm pulling more for NO than I was for the Celtics.

SAL

Reaction score

Psych these Laker fans on PSD are going to kill me tonight.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Told you that I ignore list a hand full of them. :lol:

They are also why I have a Real GM and Club Lakers account.

Try the general NBA board and Lakers v Hornets game 5 discussion thread to get some different fanbases take

SAL

Reaction score

Lakers got the lead back with Kobe out. Now I'd love for them to get down by 10 again.

SAL

Reaction score

Thanks for directing me to the neutral forum...but it's honestly more fun reading the blueberries claiming that the LAKERS AREN'T GETTING THE BENEFIT OF THE CALLS. THESE FUCKING MORONS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

To be fair, the Lakers were the biggest negative of all the playoff teams last year in free throw differential. The Hornets have also taken more than them and shot more in Staples than the other playoff teams have on the road.

At the end of the day, I think most are just pissed about Paul. They didn't believe me when I said he flopped a lot and I had seen him do it before on TV and in person. Then when the series started, they all acted like they weren't told beforehand about what they were going to watch.

SAL

Reaction score

The FT differential thing: (1) they played more games than any other team, so I'd care more about FT differential per game, and (2) I'd be curious to see what % of their shots are jumpers, I suspect it's higher than other teams. For all Gasol's skills, he doesn't deserve to get to the line with his offensive skillset.

SAL

Reaction score

Gasol's left arm is hurting him. I've seen him leave it hanging down by his side at the end of a few possessions.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

LA was like -99 and Boston was like -4 I think last postseason in free throw differential.

I'm not going to disagree about Pau because he is going away from contact for some damn reason, and he did the same thing in the Houston series versus Landry. Maybe he hits just that hard, I don't know.

The only thing I would like is to see Kobe gets some free throws on his drives in the series because he drives more than anyone on his team and on the Hornets, yet doesn't get a whistle. He even drives more and shoots jumpshot less percentage wise than Durant still but doesn't get the bumps. I'd get how me saying he doesn't get calls might irk you, but the refs are so damn wishy washy when they call it for him one night and then not the next.

SAL

Reaction score

Another factor is that Kobe is very good at the rim for a guard/slasher, he's something like 66% near the rim. A lot of calls down there are late calls where the refs are influenced by whether the shot goes down.

But the larger point here is: the fucking Lakers don't get screwed, and you can't name a single incentive the refs or the league would have to hold them down. If it's something where they're not doing what they have to do to draw the fouls, that's not something to complain about. Seriously, I watch Game 6 2002 WCF when I feel like getting angry about something, and I don't give a FUCK about Chris Webber.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

That is a good point because he can throw it in at weird angles now to make up for not always being able to dunk it over the top of someone like he did a decade ago, but it would still be nice if the refs were consistent. The human element comes into play though, so they can get swept up in the moment and say oh he should have finished that and not make a call or say he would've finished that if not for a for being hit and make a call, depending on their own personal opinions.