NBA 2015-2016 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Nah, the RS record is no excuse. We simply have run into a hungrier and more athletic team. It is disappointing to see us go down 3-1 by playing slop ball.. if we are going to go out I'd at least like to play our best ball and just say yea we weren't good enough.. playing like we have is embarrassing. But OKC made SA look like this as well, so again, I have to credit them.

I grew up watching this team never make the playoffs and the Raiders haven't made the playoffs since I was 11. I mean, I would love to be super upset but reality is I am stoked with the direction of this team still. They gave me my first championship as a fan and I'm super grateful. Losing this series would suck, but it isn't the end of this team. Whatever happens we'll be back contending for years to come.

Of course it isn't over, but we just don't seem to have the answers right now. My boy Draymond, sadly, is killing us. I've never see Curry look so bad as he did last night. Its bizarre. But Durant and Westbrook are playing like 2 of the best 3 players in the world and it is OKC's role players going along for the ride when I assumed it would be our role players making the difference. Roberson and Waiters outplaying Livingston and Dala is killer. Also their front line has smashed ours. Just bad all around. No real silver lining through 4 games. We've been thoroughly dominated.
I'll tell you one thing. Those 73 means don't mean half as much if they don't win the chip.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Yeah, Melo was actually really good and I said that before steph really came up nearly two years ago. I don't think it was farfetched at the point to value Melo more. I was wrong about that but Westbrook is the point god, no one better. Best player on his team, best player on the court against the warriors, and arguably the best player in the league. Bron is still basically the best player.

sick ass danielson, with his lame opinion, and his gay and nerdy championship pic.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing. Those 73 means don't mean half as much if they don't win the chip.
73 wins is 73 wins. We broke a regular season record. Regular season accomplishment. It really has nothing to do with the postseason.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
73 wins is 73 wins. We broke a regular season record. Regular season accomplishment. It really has nothing to do with the postseason.
If that's what you need to tell yourself as a fan, but an amazing season, with a disappointing post-season is forgettable. If Warriors won the chip people would have talked about how amazing GS were. But since they'll lose to the Thunder, their amazing season will soon be forgotten, and will only be remembered 15 years from now when 50yr old NBA commentator Kobe talks about the team that went 73, between an Ikea, and Toyota commercial. The only way they can redeem themselves is if they win the championship next season.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't have to tell myself anything. They'll be remembered just like the 18-1 Patriots or the 2001 Mariners.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Then you're a bigger idiot than I thought. GSW is out cuz Curry couldn't step up. I'm laughing at all the Warriors fans and Curry dick riders. loool. Warriors fans are more depressed than Clippers fans right now.

Well aren't you a lovely cunt. You just come around to talk shit, like the terrorist loving lowlife that you are lol. Eat shit, sandnigga.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Calling it right here, right now. GSW is bringing dis shit back.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I believe the Warriors have a very realistic chance to force game 7. They played really well last night and that was without the benefit of Curry or Klay getting hot from 3. If they can play similarly tomorrow night plus get the benefit of a hot streak from a Splash Bro a victory in Oklahoma City is very doable.

Primarily Golden State must make OKC's defense work by moving the ball and only taking smart shots. Understand the Thunder length defensively and do not make stupid passes. The ball must be protected. Oklahoma City thrive in transition. If you take stupid shots or turn the ball over to fuel their fast break you have essentially no chance of defeating them on their home floor. If you value possession, take smart shots and keep them into half court sets your defense has a fighting chance.

A lot of this will come down to Bogut, who was able to provide 30 highly impactful minutes in game 5. If he can do so again in game 6, it should mean the pace is in our favor and the defense will be able to do what it needs to do. If Bogut is ineffective or picks up fouls and we can't stop the OKC FT parade it will be tough to simply outgun them. We need Bogut on the floor, dictating things on both ends. He is a massive X-Factor.

Make no mistake, I'm not overconfident and this is no simple task. The motto "strength in numbers" will be tested, because honestly I'd like to see the bench shrink and the rotations tightened. This is your season on the line... its a well known fact that NBA benches don't contribute as much on the road as they do at home.

I would have the minutes distributed as such:

PG Curry (38) Livingston (10)
SG Thompson (40) Livingston (8)
SF Barnes (14) Iguodala (34)
PF Draymond (34) Barnes (14)
C Bogut (30) Speights (10) Draymond (8)

Barbosa only plays if one of the 3 guards picks up foul trouble or is nearing exhaustion.
The only person who is playing the 3 if Barnes/Dala can't is Klay.
Nobody is playing the 4 except for Dray/Barnes/Dala <-- & Iggy is only to match up w/ Durant if OKC goes small.
Ezeli isn't penciled into the rotation and will only see time if Bogut can't get to 30 because of fatigue or fouls. Cross your fingers on that. Speights is a spark plug and deserves a look, but you have to be ready with a quick hook in case you get "No" Buckets instead of Mo Buckets.

There shouldn't be a time in the game where one of Curry and Klay isn't on the floor with either Draymond or Iguodala.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Game 7 boys. OKC had a chance to close this out but shockingly, surprisingly, like wow what, tell me it isn't so... Looks like Westbrook isn't Micheal Jordan. Again, you're a blueberry @Donald Trump_ for even putting them in the same sentence (though I just did, but hey I'm drunk so I have an excuse).

GSW has played pretty much like garbage and STILL have a chance to bring this back. Almost feels like Yankees/Red Sox all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Then again that's a pretty horrible comparison. My bad.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Though tbh, the ONE thing that scares me is that GSW has been so cocky all season. Seems like cockiness has been a downfall for a lot of smurfs recently. Ronda, McGregor, Panthers, Seahawks, Blue Jays (Jose Bautista).. :hmm:
It's almost like Gawd almighty is punishing all these fools.

Yeah.... if you couldn't tell before I'm intoxicated and probably somewhat brain dead.