MVP Says He's Done With New Japan & Is Open To Working For WWE Or TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You guys make it seem like the fact he's pushing 40 is any indication of how much he has left int he tank when he hasn't even been doing this long. Yes, the human body's physical condition starts to diminish for most people in their mid-30's, but MVP doesn't have a lot of wear-and-tear from a wrestling career since he didn't even get started with it until he was around that age. I think the longevity of his career at his age might surprise people. He's not a guy that has taken a few decades of bumps and bruises already.

WWE.com: MVP's Most Valuable Program

Thats what concerned me more than his age.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
WWE.com: MVP's Most Valuable Program

Thats what concerned me more than his age.

Alright, well no iron man matches. But seriously, that's an old article and he did a lot in WWE afterwards. If he's been working Japan, there's a good chance he's had this problem dealt with.

Then again, he could be looking to go the way of Randy the Ram. But even if he didn't have that condition, I really couldn't see WWE using him long anyways. He's just not a good long-term investment at his age regardless of how well he can wrestle. I'm just saying he will probably be able to wrestle better at 45 than most people do at 37-38.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Any word on what kind of tv show he is trying to produce? Is it a drama, comedy, cartoon?

If he is open to a WWE return WWE will hire him. He is a solid hand and will easily fit into the midcard/upper midcard on either show. If he does return just play out the hottest free agent gimmick again for his return.

With regards to his age, 40 is nothing in wrestling it all depends on the individual wrestler. Look at a guy like Kane, 45 and he has been wrestling for a couple of decades and he still wrestles week in week out. MVP does have that heart condition but he managed it in WWE and has been working NJPW and other independents since then and it hasn't been an issue.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think there is a fallacy on thinking Japan is hard hitting and should be a factor on his heart condition. But there are certain workers there who don't work stiff because they are not marks.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't think anyone was insinuating Japan is any more brutal than North American wrestling, just that he's kept working every since leaving WWE and he went all the way across the Pacific Ocean to keep doing it. Doesn't seem like an investment someone with a fatal heart condition would make with good sense.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Their style there is much different from over here is it not?
It depends on what you mean by "over here". If you mean WWE, then absolutely, but every indy fed in America is considerably different than WWE. The biggest difference about Japan as opposed to other popular indy feds in North America is the crowds, honestly. They don't like to make a lot of noise there. They think silence is the ultimate form of respect. Aside from that, their style of wrestling isn't radically different from that of what you see in ROH and MVP worked for them before he came to WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
As long as he doesn't start every match with elbows shots and power ups, it'll be fine.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He would be good for them to bring more talent to challenge for US and IC titles

Good to see I am not the only one that wants to see some actual divisions created around those titles. Even if they bring experienced guys in like MVP to put over guys like Barrett and Cesaro it will only improve the product if the midcard champions are made to look more impressive.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It depends on what you mean by "over here". If you mean WWE, then absolutely, but every indy fed in America is considerably different than WWE. The biggest difference about Japan as opposed to other popular indy feds in North America is the crowds, honestly. They don't like to make a lot of noise there. They think silence is the ultimate form of respect. Aside from that, their style of wrestling isn't radically different from that of what you see in ROH and MVP worked for them before he came to WWE.

He really didn't work for ROH, he worked for FIP. I think he had one match with Homicide on an ROH card but it was like before the actual show under the FIP banner.

GOD

When was the last time you saw NJPW? That style and the ROH style aren't similar at all. As the guy above me pointed out, MVP didn't even work ROH.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
When was the last time you saw NJPW? That style and the ROH style aren't similar at all. As the guy above me pointed out, MVP didn't even work ROH.
Congratulations on reiterating what another poster already pointed out.

And yes, compared to WWE, Japan and ROH are definitely similar in regards to the freedom their wrestlers are allocated in performing. WWE restricts the usage of all kinds of moves and wrestling styles because they don't want their performers to be associated or confused with other performers. Japan and ROH don't give a shit. Kenta Kobashi didn't have to change anything about his repertoire when he faced Samoa Joe in ROH. Compare that to the watered-down bullshit Daniel Bryan uses now since coming to WWE and there's no comparison. And CM Punk. And "Scotty Goldman" for that matter.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Saying NJPW and ROH are alike is like saying TNA and ECW are the same, ROH are filled with so-called "knowledgeable" fans who seem more bent on making stupid chants and hoping for people to botch stuff, so they can chant the vaunted "you fucked up". The most easily worked crowd I have ever seen.

Franco

Reaction score
I would love to see the inflatable tunnel get one more run in WWE.