MVP Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
So, let's add him to the list of "WWE Superstars that could have been huge, but WWE fucked them over" list. MVP, meet the World Champion of that list; Muhammad Hassan!

WWE was pressured into getting rid of Hassan, I'm pretty sure UPN threatened to drop Smackdown! or something ridiculous like that. Hassan isn't wrestling anymore so he probably would have left regardless.

As for this story, at first I was thinking about how dumb this move was considering the circumstances, WWE is in no position to fire solid mid-carders, but now I'm hearing that he may have asked for his release and/or WWE is cutting costs to get ready to sign some wrestlers and give the roster some actual depth.

If the above is true, then I guess this is a necessary loss, unfortunately MVP was never pushed to his potential but at least he made some money and got his exposure.

ThomC

Reaction score
Really? I keep thinking it was you. Either way you're still a douche though! And everybody here will know I beat you in UFC 2009 in under 10 seconds!

You mean I beat you in 10 seconds. But that's going off topic.

Reaction score
WWE was pressured into getting rid of Hassan, I'm pretty sure UPN threatened to drop Smackdown! or something ridiculous like that. Hassan isn't wrestling anymore so he probably would have left regardless.

Thinking business wise, I think that's a bullshit excuse from WWE. REALLY think about it. At the time, WWE was at the height of it's popularity. They know UPN wouldn't have been dumb enough to drop them. WWE is a money magnet, that would have been like Nintendo never making another Mario or Zelda game. It's like, "Well, I give that company to the end of the year." And by the way..... EPIC SIG! I hate The Miz, but, it's got the Back to the Future logo!!!!

Reaction score
no big lost, He hasn't done anything good since his feud with Benoit in 2007.

But then again MVP always just look like an Midcarder, nothing too special about him and his age factor would be a issue. You would want someone better and about 5 years younger so you can build them up, then once they a big. Think of the future talent that they could put over and help your company.

Reaction score
So, let's add him to the list of "WWE Superstars that could have been huge, but WWE fucked them over" list. MVP, meet the World Champion of that list; Muhammad Hassan!

I never understand any of the love for Muhammad Hassan. He was nothing special. Not good in the ring, average talker. He got good heat, but foreign tension will always get you heat, but he's no Iron Sheik, Nikita Koloff, or Fritz Von Erich.

MVP was an average talent with an awesome heel character. But his problem was he was almost always unmotivated and the only good matches he had were with Benoit. I can't figure some people out, so much hate on the Miz, but sad that someone less talented than Carlito is out the door?

Reaction score
MVP should go to Japan. Plenty of guys made fortunes over there.

And they improve too. Giant Bernard, aka Albert and Tomko are topping that list recently. Japan used to bethe place where under appreciated and under utilized American hosses went. Stan FUCKING Hansen, Vader, Steve FUCKING Williams, Terry FUCKING Gordy. And now it could become where average guys like MVP go because they can't get over stateside and TNA is too much of a joke.

Axis

Reaction score
MVP could have made a very solid upper midcard heel. Anything more than that is wishful thinking on the part of the IWC. I do wish that they had given him a heel turn to see what could have been before giving up on him though.

Reaction score
MVP could have made a very solid upper midcard heel. Anything more than that is wishful thinking on the part of the IWC. I do wish that they had given him a heel turn to see what could have been before giving up on him though.

WWE already has better heels than him atm anyway and alot of them are either more talented or alot younger (inwhich is good business for company future), So he would get lost in the shuffle.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
This always seems to happen with at least one guy who plays a big role in the Smackdown Vs. Raw franchises. lol. They released Mr. Kennedy shortly after he had a big world title Road to Wrestlemania storyline. MVP was in the Mania main event in John Cenas RTM this year, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. lol.

...god...

Reaction score
MVP got a raw deal when they gave him that long losing streak and face turn. He should be where Miz is right now. At one point MVP was on his way to winning a world title. He was massively over as a heel and his face turn flopped pretty hard, atleast compared to the way things look for him as a heel. Not surprised that he asked for his release to be honest, he wasn't going to go anywhere in his current situation.
This. Talk about a missed fucking boat, sigh. 2007 MVP was the best thing going in the fucking WWE.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
I don't blame him for leaving. He turned his life around after almost 10 years in the joint. I wish him the best.

Alex C

Reaction score
Face turn killed MVP's carrier. Just saying.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Some very good points in this thread. With me, I really liked MVP as the heel. Antonio Banks played the character given to him to perfection. The overpaid, arrogant athlete. The VIP Room was fun and honestly, I looked forward each week to it. The segment where Banks and Flair went back and forth with each other was fantastic. Truly one of the best promo's I've seen in the last few years. The guy has a boatload of charisma. Even for his age, he's still in pretty good shape. I could see him in Japan, however, I don't think the MVP shtick would work, that's if WWE even let's him use the character. He's worked in Full Impact Pro, so Ring of Honor could also be a destination for him. If TNA picked him up, I don't think he'd do very well as they don't have enough time to showcase all of the talent they have right now. I didn't like the face turn at all. He drew massive heat as a heel, and the character in general worked better with the heel role. I could see him heading to Japan and working for NOAH or even Dragon Gate, but don't be bit surprised if he shows up in either TNA or ROH.