Murder On The Orient Express [A Detective's Adventure Part I]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
What’s slimy about it?! Or are you just piggy backing what Odo said
Yeah I'm piggybacking Odo while actively disagreeing on his other reads for all them sweet town points.

But in actuality, 99% of what you're trying to attribute as scum motivation here is bullshit.

I hated his catch up and the hindsight shite he was posting last night. Like giving real time commentary on something he obviously knows has been concluded like c’mon lmao
This is bullshit, many people actively type their responses as they read, myself included. Attributing something such as this as scummy is just rubbish. What benefit for a false reaction is there for scum that he wouldn't get by just reacting appropriately, especially after the fact when minimal response would otherwise be required?

He also said he thinks all of the strong players were town and didn’t give reasons for them, just seems pretty arbitrary cowardly tbh
Again pretty bullshit, this insinuates you gauge your reads not on their play just who they are, which is just rubbish

Also cp suspected him too and he’s dead so
And the slimy cherry is here. One of the constant top targets dies night 1, this could be legitimate reasoning but you threw this in last sentence and it just sits poor

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
I find this certainty that lethal is town to be totally bizarre and out of place
Nah you can't be that daft, he's a gift giver who can give out free votes in addition to his role, and absolutely no way he plays the role like this if he's scum

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
If lethal were to flip indy, that would look good for Poyser and very bad for Doddsy

Lethal flipping town would look good for Poyser and I suppose not good for Doddsy

I think I’m ruling out Doddsy and Poyser as a pairing

Reactions: Junkette

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Nah you can't be that daft, he's a gift giver who can give out free votes in addition to his role, and absolutely no way he plays the role like this if he's scum

When you say ‘there’s no way he plays his role like this if he’s scum’, what exactly are you referring to?

Cause to me it looks like he shit the bed at the first hurdle and scrambled to prove his role.

Him giving out votes is meaningless, because it costs his vote to activate, so there’s no net positive to towns ability to lynch whatsoever

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Yeah I'm piggybacking Odo while actively disagreeing on his other reads for all them sweet town points.

But in actuality, 99% of what you're trying to attribute as scum motivation here is bullshit.

This is bullshit, many people actively type their responses as they read, myself included. Attributing something such as this as scummy is just rubbish. What benefit for a false reaction is there for scum that he wouldn't get by just reacting appropriately, especially after the fact when minimal response would otherwise be required?

Again pretty bullshit, this insinuates you gauge your reads not on their play just who they are, which is just rubbish

And the slimy cherry is here. One of the constant top targets dies night 1, this could be legitimate reasoning but you threw this in last sentence and it just sits poor
Not really, I’m saying I didn’t buy his reaction at all. It felt super ham fisted to me with the absolute shite (oh man flay almost got hammered that’s crazy!!!!! Omg you should have lynched lethal can’t believe it!!!)

I think you’re just chatting shite for the second point. It’s rare that all the top players are town but that’s not my point and you’ve glossed over what the point actually was. Did he explain his reads? No. He’s just said hey I think all these guys are town. We are all good players who people generally find hard to trust so I’m sorry but I find it pretty unbelievable to hold such easy town reads on all of us after we’ve just mislynched. It’s cowardice because he clearly doesn’t want to target any of us. Notice how easy he flipped on me when I started pushing him? That’s because the town read was bullshit to begin with

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
I see you're desperate to keep up that streak of every time someone tells me I'm good guying I flip town.

It's almost as if I don't defend people unless I'm genuinely confident they're town

When you say ‘there’s no way he plays his role like this if he’s scum’, what exactly are you referring to?

Cause to me it looks like he shit the bed at the first hurdle and scrambled to prove his role.

Him giving out votes is meaningless, because it costs his vote to activate, so there’s no net positive to towns ability to lynch whatsoever
I'm saying he absolutely does not draw as much attention to himself as he did. And you're almost signalling out my point with the vote, there's no net positive to scum, what's the benefit of that perk other than to give away one of scums votes?

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
If anything, I could see it being a scum role to force an accidental hammer, but he emptied his bag of tricks when the pressure came

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I see you're desperate to keep up that streak of every time someone tells me I'm good guying I flip town.

It's almost as if I don't defend people unless I'm genuinely confident they're town

I'm saying he absolutely does not draw as much attention to himself as he did. And you're almost signalling out my point with the vote, there's no net positive to scum, what's the benefit of that perk other than to give away one of scums votes?

Imagine flays at 7 votes and I’m one of them

Lethal can come in and say I don’t like this wagon, vote one of the players on flays wagon and flays hammered

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Bro lethal came in last game, made 30 posts about juice and then claimed flavour in a game with no flavour

Miss me with the attention stuff lol

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
Not really, I’m saying I didn’t buy his reaction at all. It felt super ham fisted to me with the absolute shite (oh man flay almost got hammered that’s crazy!!!!! Omg you should have lynched lethal can’t believe it!!!)

I think you’re just chatting shite for the second point. It’s rare that all the top players are town but that’s not my point and you’ve glossed over what the point actually was. Did he explain his reads? No. He’s just said hey I think all these guys are town. We are all good players who people generally find hard to trust so I’m sorry but I find it pretty unbelievable to hold such easy town reads on all of us after we’ve just mislynched. It’s cowardice because he clearly doesn’t want to target any of us. Notice how easy he flipped on me when I started pushing him? That’s because the town read was bullshit to begin with
Eh, you're putting a lot more stock in his initial reads than I am, I read that as a lot more of 'these were the people on the wagon but I don't think they're scummy from it' than outright they're town.

But even so I can concede the point he didn't explain them.

That said, that post still slimy

Imagine flays at 7 votes and I’m one of them

Lethal can come in and say I don’t like this wagon, vote one of the players on flays wagon and flays hammered
Yeah cause that would be a super subtle utility for scum. And back to the point of him making himself obvious, if this was the intended utility of the role (as absolutely shit as that would be if it was) then he doesn't make a point of it, especially when the gift giving part of his role is already proven.

Lethal being scum at this point is nonsensical.

Bro lethal came in last game, made 30 posts about juice and then claimed flavour in a game with no flavour

Miss me with the attention stuff lol
I mean that's a straight slip having nothing to do with attention, he made himself the focal point of the initial phase of the game.

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Eh, you're putting a lot more stock in his initial reads than I am, I read that as a lot more of 'these were the people on the wagon but I don't think they're scummy from it' than outright they're town.

But even so I can concede the point he didn't explain them.

That said, that post still slimy

Yeah cause that would be a super subtle utility for scum. And back to the point of him making himself obvious, if this was the intended utility of the role (as absolutely shit as that would be if it was) then he doesn't make a point of it, especially when the gift giving part of his role is already proven.

Lethal being scum at this point is nonsensical.

I mean that's a straight slip having nothing to do with attention, he made himself the focal point of the initial phase of the game.

How would you prove otherwise? You’d only have the vote count which would show someone as a double voter, and if it’s an ability he can toggle, then he gets away clean. It’s really not that far fetched at all

Your play based reasons for thinking he’s town have 0 merit whatsoever

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
But ok, let’s do a 180

Give me one plausible utility of a role that gives another player an extra vote at the cost of having to vote that player.

Just one possible scenario please

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
We don’t know much about juices tendencies as a host, but it’s fair to say she likes misdirection as a concept, and it would fit her personality to make a game more cerebral than average

Doddsy

Mafia God
Reaction score
How would you prove otherwise? You’d only have the vote count which would show someone as a double voter, and if it’s an ability he can toggle, then he gets away clean. It’s really not that far fetched at all

Your play based reasons for thinking he’s town have 0 merit whatsoever
Absolutely doesn't get away clean as he's already proven the role and his lack of vote would be easily visible in the end of day vote count. It's pretty far fetched lad.

And my play based reasons have a lot of merit as for why Lethal is town, factoring in how he plays. Your insistence otherwise has 0 merit, as it doesn't line up with how Lethal plays :armfold

But ok, let’s do a 180

Give me one plausible utility of a role that gives another player an extra vote at the cost of having to vote that player.

Just one possible scenario please
This is my point though, as I've already said. It has no utility, and taking that in mind it's less likely to be a scum perk as scum need power to overcome numbers

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
Scums power is that they are the informed minority. Being able to cause a lynch earlier than town intended is pretty powerful

But ok, you’re now committed to the idea that scum roles have to be strong. I’ve literally never heard this as a concept in my entire time playing mafia, and I don’t think you believe that either so we’re about done here