Movie Series You Rank In Release Order

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
Are there any movie series of any genre with at least three or more movies where your ranking for them is the release order they came out in? With the first being the best, the second being the second best, the third being the third best, etc.? A lot of user rankings for some movie series vary greatly, but how often do you rank any series in release order? My rankings for a lot of series are all over the place but while somewhat uncommon it's not too rare to find people who rank some series in order of release.

For me, some series I rank in the order they came out:

Jurassic Park
RoboCop
Iron Man (not counting The Avengers)
Child's Play
Paranormal Activity
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (live-action trilogy)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm in a rush right now so I'll revisit this when I've got a little more time, but one that popped into my head immediately was the Indiana Jones series. Although Temple of Doom is my personal favourite, I do admit that Raiders is the better movie, and the rest then fall into sequence. This will stay the same provided they either don't make another one or that the next one turns out better than the last piece of crap.

Another one is the Jaws series, where the first film is really the only great one, followed by the decent Jaws 2, the unintentionally hilarious Jaws 3D and the hysterically bad Jaws: The Revenge.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Indiana Jones definitely
Die Hard
Police Academy
Porky's

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Can't pass up on the same ones

Indiana Jones
Die hard
Police academy
Hostel
Star Wars (original trilogy). Although empire is my favorite can't deny the impact of the original.
Tremors.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea so many here liked Temple Of Doom, that's always been my favorite Indy movie, even though in a lot of ways I think Raiders is the best but TOD is the one I find most entertaining. I never understood the bad rap for it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I always felt Police Academy 3 was equal to the first but much better than the second. Come on now, when the Head of the Class is your co-lead, you know there's a problem! I'd also put the Matrix series in this category since the first one is the only one that's even watchable. :lol:

For a funny take on this, how about looking at in reverse, as in the movies got progressively better. In that instance, the Harry Potter films come to mind for sure.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've only ever seen the first Matrix but I think that's a while different topic of movies that only had the first be worth a shit

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I've only ever seen the first Matrix but I think that's a while different topic of movies that only had the first be worth a shit

Now I did like like the second two matrix films and although they were not up to the first one. I did like them although there was many holes throughout the second ones they were not bad.

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
I only saw the first Matrix, I remember it being okay. Never saw either sequel.

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
With a new Child's Play film out this Fall, I wonder if Child's Play will remain in release order for me or change. I have a hard time imagining it'll be any worse than Seed Of Chucky.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Matrix Reloaded was the first film I saw under age at the cinema :lol:

Reloaded is decent, I honestly haven't rewatched Revolutions since the cinema, so that says enough about that film.

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
The Mummy trilogy is another that goes in release order for me for sure, having recently seen them all.

The Mummy - 9/10
The Mummy Returns - 8/10
The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor - 7/10

I expected to hate TOTDE but I actually found it pretty entertaining, though the weakest by a fair margin.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I definitely agree with The Mummy series, although I'll take it a step further and say that the first was the only one I really enjoyed. The second was just more of the same and the third seemed like it was thrown together at the last minute.

The original series of Batman films (Burton and Schumacher versions) should count in this as well, since only the two Burton ones were good.

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
I almost agree with the Burton/Schumacher Batman films except I prefer Batman Returns to the 1989 movie. The 1989 movie is good but I found the second a little more entertaining overall. Both are easily miles ahead of the two Schumacher films for sure.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Speaking of movie series you can rank in order of release how about the Spiderman movies Rami did.

How about the exorcist for this as well.