Morrison finishing up with WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wherever he goes he needs to kick Melina to the curb.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
BTW on the 90 day thing I'm pretty sure since his contract is up and he isn't being released he doesn't have to wait at all.

Yeah and there in tells how little they value or fear him going elsewhere. They don't think he can make a impact even if he goes from Raw one week to TNA tv the next

rcoot93

Reaction score
I like morrison and it would be good to see him in TNA, however they have a big roster with many people being overlooked, perhaps he would be better off in ROH

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First of all I am a little fed up of the Melina factor being blamed for Morrison not being a main eventer in WWE. He is a midcard talent and WWE don't see him as anymore just accept it! If it was Randy Orton, the Melina issue would not have stopped him being a top guy and the reason is because Vince has always liked him and fancied him as a long term headliner. Yes when the Melina thing first happened Morrison suffered, but that was a long time ago, it is time to move on.

I think a move to TNA as the star of the X Divison could be a good thing. I am sure he would get a decent wage and I just think he has gone as far as he can go in WWE. I don't think they are going to put the world title on him, and even if they did I don't think it would come to much.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No real surprise that he is leaving, Melina must still be calling the shots with him because if he was thinking clearly this isn't the best move for him.

Second why would he want to go to TNA to be in the X-Division? Surely TNA would push him in the World title division and not the X Division which is a lot further down the card.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
There is no proof that Melina was ever calling the shots, and there is no hard evidence of that just panionaia. The reason he would want to come to TNA is because he is fed up with being held back in WWE. Now don't get me wrong I am not a Morrison fan, but from his point of view I can see why he would want a change. Its possible it won't work out in TNA, but I can see the logic of him going there.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Him bringing Melina to a show right after she got fired showed that he is either incredibly dumb or that she calls the shots in that relationship.

WWE put Morrison in the WWE title scene before he was injured, what more can he want! He got a huge push in WWE on RAW and he was one of the top faces but unfortunately he then got injured. After his return his contract was coming near the end and WWE have a history of not pushing a star on their way out because there is no point putting someone over when they are leaving. If he signed again WWE would have put him near the mainevent again so I can't see why he thinks he has been held back when WWE have given him plenty of opportunities. Plus if he wanted a push then why would he join the X-Division, that is a demotion, only a TNA world title feud would be a bigger push than what WWE gave him this year.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
WWE is stupid to let him go. He's better than a bunch of people they have. Ah well. He'll still have to wait 90 days.

He's been in and out of the doghouse so many times it is probably wearing on him, The WWE, and even the fans. He'll be back one day ala Christian, but a break is probably the best thing for everybody. I'm sick of seeing him start getting a push and almost cross the line to superstar and then fuck something up and get buried again.

I'm not putting the full blame on the WWE for this one.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
F4WOnline.com said:
F4WOnline.com reports today that John Morrison is done with WWE when his contract extension expires Wednesday. His original contract with the organization expired earlier this month but he agreed to an extension to appear at events he was advertised for. It is not known whether he will be making a farewell appearance at Monday’s Raw SuperShow in Columbia, South Carolina.

Meanwhile, Melina absolves all blame that Morrison’s once promising WWE career went up in smoke due to their relationship. Rather, she feels WWE is to blame for holding him and others back from achieving greater success.

She wrote Wednesday on Twitter via direct message, “The rumors aren’t true. John has been talking to WWE and all these things are between them and has nothing to do with me.

“You have seen a number of wrestlers such as Gail, Bourne, John, Zack and so many more held back from what they deserve and are capable of. That’s proof that it’s not me. It’s the WWE doing it to a number of phenomenal young talent.

“The rumors are FALSE. Please see that. I’m no one special that the WWE would care about.”
Bourne has been pushed fine, Ryder not being pushed and making Ryder create awareness of himself actually ended up being the best thing that could have happened to Ryder and now getting rewarded for it, Morrison got pretty much forced push for some years there after not getting over and then finally did get over and messed it up for himself with the Trish deal. Gail and that women's division she would be correct about.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Morrison was in a completely different boat to the names Melina mentioned. Gail never really got the chance at all to realise her potential, Bourne gets the occassional nod but lacks the charisma to really break through to the big leagues, and while Ryder is getting pushed lately its more of a novelty thing.

Morrison was over with a variety of demographics. He was given plenty of opportunities to shine, most of which I believe he capitalised on. He was given increasingly more high-profile matches and it seemed only a matter of time until he eventually held the WHC.

But imo, John's fall is all on him. He cocked up the chance to work with a legend in Trish Stratus in one of the marquee matches at Wrestlemania. Regardless of whether or not Melina is to blame, Morrison still displayed that with everything going his way and nothing to complain about, he was still not strong enough and did not respect the business enough to put personal issues aside and do his job.

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Wonder what rip off gimmick TNA will give him.

Probably call him Jonni Hendrix or some shit.

What a waste of everybodys time that company is.....Morrison will be irrelevant as soon as he shows up in that dead promotion.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I hear Brodus Clay is going to destroy him. LOL

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
He was already written off. Go watch Episode 41 of "Z! True Long Island Story" LMAO!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Him bringing Melina to a show right after she got fired showed that he is either incredibly dumb or that she calls the shots in that relationship.

WWE put Morrison in the WWE title scene before he was injured, what more can he want! He got a huge push in WWE on RAW and he was one of the top faces but unfortunately he then got injured. After his return his contract was coming near the end and WWE have a history of not pushing a star on their way out because there is no point putting someone over when they are leaving. If he signed again WWE would have put him near the mainevent again so I can't see why he thinks he has been held back when WWE have given him plenty of opportunities. Plus if he wanted a push then why would he join the X-Division, that is a demotion, only a TNA world title feud would be a bigger push than what WWE gave him this year.

Putting your career over someone you are in love with is dumb. The Melina thing is a smokescreen end of.

We have been though this before on here, Morrison has basically been in the Chris Jericho position of upper/midcarder for years now (except not as over as Y2J). Every now and then WWE make it look like he will get the big push to main eventer and then they put the plug on it, and he returns to the midcard ranks. A bit like Matt Morgan in TNA there has been too much stopping and starting with Morrison. Either WWE should have put the world title on him or just kept him where he was for good. Like I said Morrison is not world title materal, but it did no one any favours to keep switching like that.

The decission was simple, if Morrison was purely focused on money and stardom he would have stayed with WWE, but because he wanted a fresh chance he took the TNA route. Of course being part of the X Division would be a step down, but sometimes it is better to be a big fish in a small sea than small fish in an ocean.

Reactions: 1 person